It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"gangsta" fad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hate it when these old white folk blame everything wrong in this country on rap!

During skool last year the pastor came in and talked to us about a fight that broke out on the field. He instantly blamed it on "gangster rap" and said that we shouldnt be listening to him. If it wasnt a Catholic Skool and I could get expelled I woulda gone up there and punched him. Old bastard doesnt know # about it.

Dont hate Dawg, Just because its not your cup of tea. Let people be who they want to be. Dont judge, You dont have the right.

I agree with SpittinCobra 100%...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by TrueLies
This fad isn't just a fad, so don't be so naive...

This is very funny to me. Please dont be rude to me. Im not in the pit. I've seen many things and people. I am FAR from Naive, sport.

Actually, I wasn't being rude at all ,"sport", it's the way you interpreted it... Maybe you should not be so defensive and negative thinking and you wouldn't think what you just did... Just trying help...

The fad thing is being naive, your thinking like it's just an innocent fly by thing, but the damage is being done not through the clothes, but through the lyrics and music videos, kids want to impersonate what they see and hear.
They want to follow.... And these guys are role models, they aren't people you want your children to follow. These guys have done serious crimes, and have been involved in many things criminal...

Their criminal minds....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It is what it is and it going to be what ever it is? You can stop it, People are going to want to fit in. People are going to get in trouble regardless, People are going to die regardless. You people forget that we are human and we all can fall.

Where do you draw the line? You dont, you let it take its course. The next big thing will come along and things will change. Hence, a FAD.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
I hate it when these old white folk blame everything wrong in this country on rap!

During skool last year the pastor came in and talked to us about a fight that broke out on the field. He instantly blamed it on "gangster rap" and said that we shouldnt be listening to him. If it wasnt a Catholic Skool and I could get expelled I woulda gone up there and punched him. Old bastard doesnt know # about it.

I don't think you'll get a job if you put "skool" on your resume

I don't think you'll get ahead in life by "blaming whitey" for holding you down
because you'll find the only person thats holding you down is you.

I don't think you'll get far in life either if your punching authority figures in the face over something so shallow and immature.

And I doubt you'll be hanging out with middle or upper class people if you keep generalizing everybody into the same category... Rather you'll be hanging out with trailor trash, and monkey's around a lighted garbage can on the street tryin to sell drugs because you couldn't spell, you couldn't respect the very people that are trying to help you, and you couldn't get ahead because you blamed everything on everybody but yourself...

Old bastard may not know # about "gangsta rap" but it's not everything, and if you keep on the road your going I doubt, you'll know # about how the real world works, and I doubt you'll get ahead in life because you won't know # about it...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And these guys are role models, they aren't people you want your children to follow. These guys have done serious crimes, and have been involved in many things criminal...

Their criminal minds....

Well, if parents where good parents, the children would know right from wrong. If you are being thier role model, they will not have time to have any others.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Where do you draw the line? You dont, you let it take its course. The next big thing will come along and things will change. Hence, a FAD.

It can take it's course all it wants, but if I had teenager's and saw that their grades were slipping because they were smokin pot all day, skipping school, hanging out sitting on their ass, listening to rap and doing the things that those guys in the songs talk about doing, their ass would be outta that school so fast. (like my youngest stepbrother the ripe age of 16)

If you want to keep calling it a fad, so be it, it's a fad, but it's a dangerous fad, with bad consequences and those kids don't get it because their sponge brains, their just soaking up what they think is cool and believes it makes them a somebody, and they have no idea of what is right/wrong, respectful and not, they have no sense of logic... Or that people are just trying to help them so they don't go down that road that those rappers went down...

Let it take it's course, but it doesn't mean that these teenager's should be brought down in the mud with them...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well, if parents where good parents, the children would know right from wrong. If you are being thier role model, they will not have time to have any others.

Agreed, and many parents don't have time for their children because they are working hard so that their children can have a comfortable upbringing, I can't speak from experience because I don't have kids, but I am a good observer, and I listen to parents and I see it for myself.

If you don't have a mom or dad that are there to model from I do agree that they will find another to latch onto and learn from, model from, and act out.

I can say that my step mother is a loser, and my dad's only with her because he's a pussy and door mat. She has smoked pot with her son and his friends, but then turns around and says if you don't get your marks up son, your out of this house, and if you don't get a job your out of this house. She's never been there for him, his father is a loser too, he's a lazy bastard, he stole 400.00 from his grandmother, so she kicked him out, he lived with his dad and he warned him about stealing but he did it anyway, and he kicked him out, so my father and his g/f had to take him in... It's kind of a cliche.

Long story short, I agree...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ludacris - Cry Babies (Oh No)

I caught him with a blow to the chest
My hollow put a hole in his vest
I'm bout to send two to his dome
Cry babies go home!
I just bought some new guns my mama said "it ain't worth it"
But I'm at the shooting range just cause
practice makes perfect

Outkast - Ain't No Thang

I'd do it if I have to
bustin caps with this a heat and load it clip up after clip
I'm packin my gauge, if I feel it
The glock, the gat, the nine, the heaters
See I be bustin caps like my amp be bustin speakers
So how do you figure that Big Boi be scared to blast ya
You 'posed to be quickest draw, but man, I hail em faster
1-2-3, you need to think about the future
Before I shoot your ass and dilute your blood with lead
From my hollow tips, I'll send you to an early grave

Nah, rap isn't violent at all....

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It can take it's course all it wants, but if I had teenager's and saw that their grades were slipping because they were smokin pot all day, skipping school, hanging out sitting on their ass, listening to rap and doing the things that those guys in the songs talk about doing, their ass would be outta that school so fast. (like my youngest stepbrother the ripe age of 16)

If you want to keep calling it a fad, so be it, it's a fad, but it's a dangerous fad, with bad consequences and those kids don't get it because their sponge brains, their just soaking up what they think is cool and believes it makes them a somebody, and they have no idea of what is right/wrong, respectful and not, they have no sense of logic... Or that people are just trying to help them so they don't go down that road that those rappers went down...

Let it take it's course, but it doesn't mean that these teenager's should be brought down in the mud with them...

Again to all of this, If parents where doing thier jobs, there would not be a problem. But people have to work so hard to just have something, they have no times to do this. So we should get rid of it because, some 16 years olds cant be them selves, because they only way they fit in is this way. Now they cant fit in, How many do you think are going to turn in to serial killers? Who cares if they wear baggy jeans?

When ever you get done, its the parents fault PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I don't think you'll get a job if you put "skool" on your resume

I don't think you'll get ahead in life by "blaming whitey" for holding you down
because you'll find the only person thats holding you down is you.

I don't think you'll get far in life either if your punching authority figures in the face over something so shallow and immature.

And I doubt you'll be hanging out with middle or upper class people if you keep generalizing everybody into the same category... Rather you'll be hanging out with trailor trash, and monkey's around a lighted garbage can on the street tryin to sell drugs because you couldn't spell, you couldn't respect the very people that are trying to help you, and you couldn't get ahead because you blamed everything on everybody but yourself...

Old bastard may not know # about "gangsta rap" but it's not everything, and if you keep on the road your going I doubt, you'll know # about how the real world works, and I doubt you'll get ahead in life because you won't know # about it...

Blame Whitey?? I am White. Im just stating that all the old white folk blame rap or anything else that they dont like on just about everything wrong in this country. I wanted to punch that #er because I was getting sick of everybody blaming any form of violence on rap! Not everything is raps fault. You seem very fast to make a generalization about me on one post. From that post you thought that I have a low vocabulary and bad spelling? That Im a drugged up punk that doesnt give a # about society? I blame evevything on everybody else? I have good spelling and vocabulary. Im not a drugged up punk that blames everything on society. I take responcibility for things that go on, i dont blame everything on everybody else. And I had enough restrain to NOT punch the old #.

Kinda hypocritical arent we?? Saying I generalize everybody into the same group. When you yourself just made a fast generalization about me.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Another thing, you have to remember, is that this thread isn't just about rap. We're not just "Whitey's" blaming rap for all our problems. This thread was about the "gangster fad" which some, but not all rap, portrays.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Then don't try and prentend your something your not.....

Yes I look at the keyboard when I type, so a spelling error occured.

Skool is not a typo however and neither is shouldnt, wasnt, woulda, doesnt, these old white folk, (when it should of been the old white folks), but I understand your trying to use lazy language, the above words with nt should have a (') your forgetting, or just using lazy language again...

If you keep using that language when your older you'll forget how to spell correctly, when immigrant come here to learn language, they use real english to learn, there is nothing beneficial about using gutter talk/language it just makes you look like an uneducated low rent white trash guppy.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Im just stating that all the old white folk blame rap or anything else that they dont like on just about everything wrong in this country.

Generalizations, nah
. Is there a word for being hypocritical about being hypocritical?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Blame Whitey?? I am White. Im just stating that all the old white folk blame rap or anything else that they dont like on just about everything wrong in this country.I have good spelling and vocabulary. Im not a drugged up punk that blames everything on society. I take responcibility for things that go on, i dont blame everything on everybody else. And I had enough restrain to NOT punch the old #.
Saying I generalize everybody into the same group. When you yourself just made a fast generalization about me.

Im not pretending to be something im not...

Hopefully you dont have a good job..."prentend"

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Blame Whitey?? I am White. Im just stating that all the old white folk blame rap or anything else that they dont like on just about everything wrong in this country.I have good spelling and vocabulary. Im not a drugged up punk that blames everything on society. I take responcibility for things that go on, i dont blame everything on everybody else. And I had enough restrain to NOT punch the old #.
Saying I generalize everybody into the same group. When you yourself just made a fast generalization about me.

Im not pretending to be something im not...

Hopefully you dont have a good job..."prentend"

There's a difference between a typo, and purposefully spelling something wrong; such as "Skool".

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Blame Whitey?? I am White.

I know i've seen your picture and your about 14-15 years old...

Im just stating that all the old white folk blame rap or anything else that they dont like on just about everything wrong in this country.

"old white folk" is a term black people use who are racist and blame whitey for their mishaps, their misfortune, and how they aren't being treated fairly...

I'm saying your following that path, you may be white, but your impersonating a racist black person, and i'm saying your brain is a sponge at your age and you should be acting like yourself not like some black racist, I understand your trying on new identities at that age, everybody goes through it, but you don't know the skin your trying on...

I wanted to punch that #er because I was getting sick of everybody blaming any form of violence on rap! Not everything is raps fault.

Your half right, fights happen over stupid things, especially in high school, what was the fight about exactly??
And you don't punch a pastor because you don't like something he said, restraint is a good thing, and it's good you developed some, i'd concentrate on working on that rather then concentrating on how you "woulda gone up there and punched the old bastard who doesn't know # about it".

You seem very fast to make a generalization about me on one post. From that post you thought that I have a low vocabulary and bad spelling?

Yes Here's why.

When you set yourself up to be a low class uneducated foul mouthed child, people will think your like that.

That Im a drugged up punk that doesnt give a # about society?

I never said that, now your making generalizations pour moi....
I didn't say "A drugged up punk" I said you'll be selling drugs if you follow the road those rolemodels do. I know 4 people off the top of my head that have taken this route, oops wait 7, and i'm sure their more, drugs seem to be included always in this "fad" and when you get older, the easy way out is selling drugs, I know 7 people if not more the more I think about it, who started out innocently listening to rap, then it became pot smoking, then coc aine using, crack smoking, wearing those stupid baggy clothes, driving like an idiot, using the hand signs, talking like white trash ghetto wannabes, and now their adults and selling drugs, smoking up all day, not working, their unhealthy lifestyle consists or sitting around, smoking, dealing, the odd time using crack or coc aine, listening to rap full blast, all the while sittin there thinking it's cool, it's their life, and their so hard done by....
Fools...

I blame evevything on everybody else?

YOu just blamed whitey, if you continue to be the way you are then yes you may end up blaming people for other things, especially if you generalize all white people who apparantly think rap is the cause for "everything" thats wrong in America... That's a pretty broad generalization...

I have good spelling and vocabulary. I take responcibility for things that go on, i dont blame everything on everybody else. And I had enough restrain to NOT punch the old #.

So you know you are not that way, but yet in your first post you acted something totally different......
Don't pretend to be something you aren't, the real you is probably far more intelligent, educated, ect then the above post you just wrote... And you just told me this by letting me know what you are and what your not... So don't act like somebody you aren't.
And using foul language is just a turn off, it makes you look like white trash.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

but you don't know the skin your trying on...

Skin im trying on?? Im not trying to act like something else. All I called them were Old White Folk. When they are in fact...Old...White....and Folk. I wasnt trying to sound like a Black Racist.

what was the fight about exactly??

One guy was saying something about the other guys girlfriend. He was just standing up for her.

When you set yourself up to be a low class uneducated foul mouthed child, people will think your like that.

Low class because I spelled school with a K and called somebody a bastard?? Then just about this whole country would be low class. Who hasnt called somebody a bastard before??

YOu just blamed whitey,
Blaming "whitey" for one thing, isnt blaming everybody for everything, now is it?

So you know you are not that way, but yet in your first post you acted something totally different......
For calling somebody a bastard and saying I wanted to punch him?? I called him a bastard...he is a bastard, I didnt just call him that based on this one experience, he has many more problems.

Don't pretend to b e something you aren't
Im not

If i want to swear in rage because some stupid assholes like you thinks they know all...i should be able too.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

those rappers were all ghetto trash dmx has been in jail for rape, drugs, and violence, p diddy, that dude who made a song about nike shoes, these aren't role models, these guys aren't nail diamond or the rolling stones, their not omd, or madonna, their not the clash or the beatles...

I doubt you could compare the past to the present "fad" ..... your turn.

So?? Let me see the criminal records of all the artists in history and see if there are any significant differences... I doubt that there are any.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

but you don't know the skin your trying on...

Skin im trying on?? Im not trying to act like something else. All I called them were Old White Folk. When they are in fact...Old...White....and Folk. I wasnt trying to sound like a Black Racist.

I know that, but your white, your not not black, you weren't brought up by black parents that talk like that, so why are you aquiring a taste for it??
Because you want to be ghetto trash?? white folk is a term black people use, not white people. and it's folks not folk...

what was the fight about exactly??

One guy was saying something about the other guys girlfriend. He was just standing up for her.

Well good for him... I don't understand where the pastor could make the connection between rap and sticking up for his girlfriend... Usually in rap, the guy is smackin his bitch up callin her a whore...

Low class because I spelled school with a K and called somebody a bastard?? Then just about this whole country would be low class. Who hasnt called somebody a bastard before??

It's not about the bastard, it's about the whole post don't try and belittle what I said. I call people bastards everybody has, it's the entire post, it really did sound ghetto and uneducated.... And I know your not, so my point was don't purposefully make yourself out to be lower then you are...
Set the bar higher and you'll go further in life... I'm not trying to beat you up, just pointing things out that make you look foolish...

YOu just blamed whitey,
Blaming "whitey" for one thing, isnt blaming everybody for everything, now is it?

No, and we're not talking about blaming everybody for everything, whitey are white people. Honkey's are white people terminology used by blacks.
They blame anybody for anything, personal responsibility isn't in their vocabulary, and i'm not saying all black's... That mindset could get pumped into your brain very easily because it's a sponge right now... When that happens, it's hard to get very far in life...

For calling somebody a bastard and saying I wanted to punch him?? I called him a bastard...he is a bastard, I didnt just call him that based on this one experience, he has many more problems.

Not because you called him a bastard, for the entire post, you sounded like somebody that's never been to an english class and were raised by monkey's or something... fine if he's a bastard, but thats not what my comment was directed to... Your entire post.... whole thing, get it?

Don't pretend to b e something you aren't
Im not

It didn't seem like that when you compare your two posts together, it's like two different people.

If i want to swear in rage because some stupid assholes like you thinks they know all...i should be able too.

should be able to, swear yes, people swear all the time, but you sounded like a black dude with a foul mouth and your white... im saying this rap # has gotten to your head, and I think your about to do a reverse michael jackson...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I know that, but your white, your not not black, you weren't brought up by black parents that talk like that, so why are you aquiring a taste for it??
Because you want to be ghetto trash?? white folk is a term black people use, not white people. and it's folks not folk...
Id call you a racist, but dont feel like replying to this thread anymore after this. Just keep living life stereotyping blacks.

I don't understand where the pastor could make the connection between rap and sticking up for his girlfriend
Like I said...hes a bastard.

And I know your not, so my point was don't purposefully make yourself out to be lower then you are...
I WASNT purposefully trying to make myself look lower than you are. If you think that post was "ghetto white trash" then you think WAY to highly. Half this board would be to you.

Set the bar higher and you'll go further in life...

Set the bar lower a little bit farrer down from the top of Mt.Olympia and people wont think your such a dick...
Stop trying to give me an after school special.

They blame anybody for anything, personal responsibility isn't in their vocabulary,
Again...Just keep living life stereotyping blacks.

and i'm not saying all black's...
Ohhhh...well then...that makes it ALL better now doesnt it??

Not because you called him a bastard, for the entire post, you sounded like somebody that's never been to an english class and were raised by monkey's or something...
Monkeys?? Earlier you said that I sounded like I was raised by black parents that talked that way...so your calling black people....monkeys?? There was nothing wrong with the post beside a misspelling or 2 of 1 word and a little hatred toward a ass authoirty figure.

but you sounded like a black dude with a foul mouth
Again..for the 3rd time...Just keep living life stereotyping blacks.

Im saying this rap # has gotten to your head

No...no it hasnt.

and I think your about to do a reverse michael jackson...
That sick bastard can burn in hell. You can think alot of things...doesnt mean its gonna happen. Im fine just how I am...thank you.

Now...I am done with this thread. If you feel the need to continue this..then U2U me or IM me.

[Edited on 23-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join