posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
I couldn't even watch the whole thing...
Partially, because my DVD from Redbox had a scratch, that kept screwing it up...but even after skipping that chapter...this movie is just downright
unwatchable...(and I couldn't bring myself to keep watching it)...
Some of it's bigger problems...
1) It has ZERO to do with the historical event of the same name.
2) There is NO buildup. It pretty much jumps right into the alien invasion.
3) For anyone with even an OUNCE of strategy knowledge, the military tactics employed against these aliens seem to be INSANE!!! We'd simply have
called in a jet strike against the land forces (not slowly flying choppers) and THEN sent in the ground pounders to clean up.
4) There is NO effort made to get us to like or root for the characters. Because it gets into it so quick, there's no time for us to get to like
these folks before we're supposed to care what happens to them.
5) Same issue with most alien invasion movies....NO BELIEVABLE MOTIVE for the aliens. Resources? Like what? If they want water, simply stick their
straws into Europa. If they want elements, there are tons of Asteroids around. You see, that's the issue with the idea of invading aliens. If
resources are the goal, it's stupid. For a race capable of interstellar flight, resources are INFINITE, and can easily be found WITHOUT fighting