It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally saw Battlefield LA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I couldn't even watch the whole thing...

Partially, because my DVD from Redbox had a scratch, that kept screwing it up...but even after skipping that chapter...this movie is just downright unwatchable...(and I couldn't bring myself to keep watching it)...

Some of it's bigger problems...

1) It has ZERO to do with the historical event of the same name.

2) There is NO buildup. It pretty much jumps right into the alien invasion.

3) For anyone with even an OUNCE of strategy knowledge, the military tactics employed against these aliens seem to be INSANE!!! We'd simply have called in a jet strike against the land forces (not slowly flying choppers) and THEN sent in the ground pounders to clean up.

4) There is NO effort made to get us to like or root for the characters. Because it gets into it so quick, there's no time for us to get to like these folks before we're supposed to care what happens to them.

5) Same issue with most alien invasion movies....NO BELIEVABLE MOTIVE for the aliens. Resources? Like what? If they want water, simply stick their straws into Europa. If they want elements, there are tons of Asteroids around. You see, that's the issue with the idea of invading aliens. If resources are the goal, it's stupid. For a race capable of interstellar flight, resources are INFINITE, and can easily be found WITHOUT fighting native populations.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's what I thought too about the lack of character development. We're meant to associate with most of the crew when they're drinking on a beach at the start of the movie trying to get their friend laid. When I saw that scene I wondered whether I'd accidentally paid to see one of those stupid and not funny teen comedies that base their entire plots on that kind of thing.

Totally agree with the rest of your post. Once is enough for me.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If Battle LA was for the Marines, Battleship is for the Navy and Transformers 3 was for the Army,

Where is my Air Force movie?

<< 1   >>

join