It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Food Stamps in Atlanta

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by sarra1833

I know a lot of food stamp recipients are not motivated to find work, but even those of us who /are/, get turned down over and over and over. For each job opened, there are 30 people + applying.

I was on food stamps years ago when I was a young mother, when my kids entered school I had to be actively looking for work and show proof, what ever happened to that program?

That's was Clinton's Welfare to Work program that went the way of the dinosaurs. I believe the work around for the truly unmotivated was to have more young children to keep the funds coming in.

As for sara, you really should have collected your unemployment. Not to be harsh but there is a such a thing as having too much pride. Depending on the state, the unemployment may have kept you off food stamps. I'd take unemployment over food stamps any day. Please, next time just draw your unemployment benefits. Another thing that you don't know is the fact that you drew unemployment would have made you available for a WSI grant. Depending on your major and school, you wouldn't have needed a student loan and if you did, you would have needed less loans.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The people who need assistance for the short term are the ones who feel a stigma attached to needing help. The people who abuse these programs feel no shame in taking assistance meant for those who have no other option. Those who turn to aid instead of even looking for a job are the ones who should feel the stigma attached to govt assistance

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
more information available in this duplicate (closed) thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't mind my tax dollars supporting someone like sarra, and others like her. I work part time in a grocery store and it is sickening to see how the system is abused. There are many things that need to be taken off though. And if you can afford tanning beds, manicures and artificial nails, beer and cigarettes along with other non essentials (decorated cakes from the bakery, energy drinks, soft drinks and candy) you should be able to buy your own food. These are repeat customers. You can tell by what one has in their cart who is using common sense and who is abusing the system.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
America really is the most depressing place on earth right now.Its becoming like Ethiopia.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by paperface

I agree it is getting depressing seeing what our county is becoming, but we are still way better then many other countries and far from being compared to places like Ethiopia.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
screw uncle sam...GET THAT MONEY!!!!!!!!!! pride??? does the government have any pride when they ration out your tax dollars for whatever the hell they want??

I hate these threads already. if the government was to do away with food stamps that same money would be spent on something else. like someone else said earlier, the system abusers could benefit more from birth control.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
food should be a basic human right for all people of all nations...

Obviously you are not in the business of growing food - should we just work as slaves to society so they can reap their "right" to food?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by purplemer
food should be a basic human right for all people of all nations...

Obviously you are not in the business of growing food - should we just work as slaves to society so they can reap their "right" to food?

if it were a feasible feat, then I agree food should be free. who the hell is anybody to state otherwise?? capitalism and materialism is a disease, not a cure.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is sickening to watch but was there any reason why they only interviewed the most annoying, obnoxious people who needed foodstamps?

There are certainly people who need foodstamps for basic survival until they can work for something better and then there are those like in the video. They act as if it's someone elses responsibility to support them and their kids.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

we are slaves to money.why do you get up in the morning and go to work.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Do what i do when there is no food, and no help, Go kill something, dress it, and put it in the freezer! I know this can be difficult for folks trapped in the deep urban centers, and where there is just no big game to be had. Luckily, in Colorado, some of the deer are so used to humans, you can almost take them out with a baseball bat!, but you have to do what you have to do, and the rest of the food chain benefits on the remains you leave behind!, specifically, the coyotes, wolves, badgers, bears, lynx, mapgpies, etc .... It doesn't really bother me to do this when I need to, luckily right now I don't, but this past winter it was an absolute must! Never did get any food stamps, and hopefully will never have to.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How about buying some seeds and grow your own?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

They have pigeons in the city! They could eat them.

Dandelions are edible too, I heard.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RunningFromSpider
reply to post by CosmosKid

They have pigeons in the city! They could eat them.

Dandelions are edible too, I heard.

So are humans.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
most people here have no clue what it is to live life in the great US OF A.
say you are just able to do mostly labor type jobs .this doent meen you dont have smarts it meens for what ever reasions you cant get higher paying jobs . Maybe its lack of schooling maybe its a mental problem but for what ever reasion 33% of every one will never be more then labor . Construction lawn or counter or trash truck.
o now you have a person who is willing to work and sometimes works 60 hour weeks.
now this person can aford a place to live ((half there check every month .Thye can aford electric and water 20% of there check every month. Thye can aford a car . 20% of there check every month.
hummm starting to see the problem here yet???
you say there lazy when they give up trying to live this life as it sloly drives you into the ground .
god forbid you get sick even a day .
need work on your teeth forget that .
and people come here talking about US oo they have a pc-xbox-tv=cable-phone well all that is less then 5% of the check if fixing my teeth were as cheep as a laptop maybe i wouldnt look so bad. if a doctor was as cheep maybe i wouldnt be sick if general life was as cheep as a tv maybe we wouldnt need your help.
it doesnt matter how much we want to work are willing to work we will aloways be on the edge .
and you say get counter work that wont get us off the dole heck it desnt even give us a start on that.
not every one can be a lawer . and if they could just who would take off your trash?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Cmon, look at the people in the video... if they are going to plant seeds and grow something its going to be something they can smoke.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

In other countries, if you don't work you'll be eating H2O with a side of air for dinner. Boohoo you have to work 60 hours a week so you can buy your processed foods and pay for your leased cars.

Poor people mentality is blaming others, the economy, society, etc for the situation they're in instead of themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Considering the subject of this thread, you must be referring to "food stamp" seeds. I couldn't find any on amazon.com or ebay.com, can you post a source for them? That could lead to trillions upon trillions of dollars in savings for our country.

Surprisingly, you could be our salvation. That seems to go against what you obviously feel about the United States.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

So are humans.

Scientific studies have shown conclusively that consumption of one's own species leads to mental disorders similar to those caused by "mad cow" disease.

You state "So are humans" as if it were a fact derived from your personal experience. This could explain your propensity to post so many asinine comments!

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join