It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prefered Fantasy Flight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
would you rather explore the universe

on-board the Enterprise (specify which one/what rank officer)?

in the Millennium Falcon?

in the TARDIS(specify which Doctor and/or Companion)?

through the Stargate?

something else?

doesnt have to be your favorite show, just the way you would rather travel.

for me... id have to go with the TARDIS.. because I AM the Doctor
edit on 13-8-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

I`ll take a Star Destroyer. Preferably the Eclipse.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
For me...

A Klingon Bird of Prey for small incursions... for nice trips, a Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
X-wing preferably. Unless my friends are coming too then the Millenium Falcon.

As long as i'm General.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
enterprise-D as engineer or something, or maybe stargates. the millenium falcon looks dirty and dated, not very stable.

what about moya, the bioship from farscape? seems kinda gross traveling space inside the guts of a giant space slug.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I would like to go with luxury and say SpaceShipTwo, but I'd settle for a pressure suit in steerage in a Progress given the opportunity.

Probably not the best forum for this kind of thread, though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I figure space flight begins and ends at ground level. So, an anti-gravity flying saucer for me... like: C-57D, or Jupiter 2, or the Metaluna Saucer, etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the Andromeda Ascendant or the USS Dauntless (build by species 116 ) The USS Prometheus or a borg cube
its hard to make a choice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Normandy SR-2 from Mass Effect.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I want to travel the way Q does.

Only as one of his superiors.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
One of my favorite Q comments was directed towards Worf, "the macro head with the micro mind", LOL!

I think I win!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
NCC-1701J and Captain if you please

en.wikipedia.org...

Want "Q" as my XO.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Heart Of Gold

No Competition! SO much more fun!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92f78eeb97a8.jpg[/atsimg]

[The Guide] says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.
Link
edit on 14/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would rather go on board the Battlestar Galactica,complete with crew from the remake.
So I could try to chat up Boomer(Grace Park)!

No I don't care that she's a cylon.

Of the choices in the OP-I would have to agree the Tardis just because of its ability to time travel.
Then I would hang out on the moon,and wait to see if Armstrong and friends landed there or not.

Of course I would take pics for the ATS folks as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Give me Dora I guess I'll be Lazarus Long, though I don't share Heinlein's fascination with his mum
I'll take Friday Baldwin as a companion just for kicks

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I guess the ultimate for me would to be picked up by "the culture" from Iain M Bank's books.
They would dispatch a sentient module to my yard,and a ship avatar would knock on my door,and invite me to travel on a General Systems Vehicle (GSV).

General Systems Vehicles (GSVs) are the Culture's largest type of ship, ranging between 25 km and 200 km in each dimension (including the fields protecting them and forming the exterior of their life-support system). GSVs which provide accommodation for biological members of the Culture generally have populations in the millions or billions, and can be considered worlds in their own right.

en.wikipedia.org...

They can also do FTL,or travel inbetween dimensions to go super fast,and are built and controlled by sentient computers called "minds" which look after and upgrade those on board-not just humans,many alien races as well.

That would do me nicely.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The warp-drive Star Trek Enterprise would be a nice mothership, if it had credible landing craft like this (from AlienScientist.com):

www.alienscientist.com...
www.alienscientist.com...

It's drive principle is derived from the Naval Space Command's (ugly) TR-3B antigravity Triangle ships.

top topics

join