It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Ron Paul Did Not Win Ames Straw Poll But Bachmann Won

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Breaking Now On CNN

Bachmann Won the Ames Straw Poll
America is lost

people in Iowa are official bunch of sheeps.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Breaking Now On CNN

Bachmann Won the Ames Straw Poll
America is lost

people in Iowa are official bunch of sheeps.

It's not surprising she kept throwing it in their faces that she was from Iowa and played on their religious beliefs. But I don't put much into a straw poll that you had to pay 30 bucks to be able to vote in. In the past this poll was meaningless because the people who won it never came close to getting the nomination.
edit on 13-8-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I read Ron Paul got second though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I support this straw poll result.

My father is a conservative...he is pretty much the talking points guy whenever you discuss politics...what this means is he is the typical republican...he doesn't support RP because he is too fringy and such..he hates obama, etc...

Basically he is a product created by fox news.

He cringed at Bachman...he knows she is an absolute loon theocrat (he is leaning towards Santorum, but also sort of likes Cain).

If the people somehow send Bachman forward to be POTUS, it will be without a doubt a few things

1) Comedy gold. My god, the lulz would make 2008 palin lulz seem like nothing
2) Obama makes almost all states deep blue in regards to a potus vote (sorry, but if you can't even win the mainstream republicans, you have no hope in hell of winning independents)
3) A clear understanding that the republican party is in fact two completely different partys now, and the social warriors/tards are for some reason given a stronger vote than the other right wing party..

The republicans are no longer a coherent single party...Personally, I think there are three partys

The old gang...including people like the newt

the libertarian mindsets, like paul (actual conservatives, but they are not very big)

and finally the social warriors that tend to take on the guise of libertarian types...however, don't be fooled, they are not even remotely fiscally conservative..they just want to funnel money into different programs, such as faith based schooling vouchers, legislation towards abortion clinics that require tons of money to install, etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Taking everything into consideration Michele Bachmann should have won this Ames Straw Poll overwhelmingly.

1. She was born in Waterloo, IA, the home state effect immediately kicks in. I notice, at least on general election politics, this can give you a 5-7% jump.
2. She is a Congresswoman from a neighboring state (Minnesota), that usually also gives you a bump. Just check out Tim Pawlenty’s results here.
3. She dumped about twice as much, if not more, money into Iowa than Ron Paul did, that also gives you a bump, of course.

So if you take into consideration all of the above and her still 150 vote lead over Paul it really equates to a triumphant win for our Ron Paul campaign.

Just some food for thought.

edit on 8/13/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Bachman only came in 3rd online, with 10% of the vote. Ron Paul annihilated the competition with herculean 44%

This post is misleading, as Ron Paul is clearly the favorite here. Ron Paul lost by 150 physical votes, in a 1 day event.

The online poll had been going on for 2 weeks, plenty of time for voters to accurately know who they wanted to vote for, instead of going with the "Bachman's from Iowa sympathy vote"

-Matt

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Honestly, I think it's tremendous that Paul got 2nd. I don't think many of us were expecting that let alone it being admitted on MAINSTREAM news networks. You'd think it'd be Bachmann and THEN Romney in 2nd but nope. Ron Paul.

Things may be changing...and for the better.

There is strong hope for us and Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Bachman only came in 3rd online, with 10% of the vote. Ron Paul annihilated the competition with herculean 44%

This post is misleading, as Ron Paul is clearly the favorite here. Ron Paul lost by 150 physical votes, in a 1 day event.

The online poll had been going on for 2 weeks, plenty of time for voters to accurately know who they wanted to vote for, instead of going with the "Bachman's from Iowa sympathy vote"

-Matt

Where do you register to vote on an online poll?

Oh yeah.....you don't have to.

We got a guy here who puts more credence in online polls, and he is a Ron Paul fan. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well if I was spending money for people to vote for me, I'd make sure they got a sandwich with their 30 dollars worth of voting money i gave them, lol.

Or I can go-online for free. And show The Iowa Caucuses when it's clinch time, my "Ron Paul" voters will be a force to be reckoned with.

The Iowa Caucuses are only a turkey thermometer for untried un"fox/cnn" candidates.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Bachmann is a unstable nut. How she won I'll never understand.

It was either faked or we have a bunch of idiots.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Bachmann is a unstable nut. How she won I'll never understand.

It was either faked or we have a bunch of idiots.

After looking at your avatar, do you really have any room calling people idiots?

top topics

join