It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
they rigged it, Ron Paul was the winner and they just altered numbers. I call for an audit. The MSM don't even acknowledge paul and stumble over themselves to work around him. the female commentator on fox said bachmen first then skipped 2nd place and went straight to 3rd place to avoid saying ron paul...lol as the whole crowd chanted Ron Paul they got so loud fox news couldn't focus

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

What do you mean? This is a good thing, Ron Paul is marginalized as a nutcase, and he ALMOST tied for 1st...the people are starting to wake up.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I view this as good for Ron Paul. He came in what? 4th last time? This is a step up and the Iowa Straw Poll is rarely a reflection of who wins the caucus. I think it should be a realization for some people that the American People want something different.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
they rigged it, Ron Paul was the winner and they just altered numbers. I call for an audit. The MSM don't even acknowledge paul and stumble over themselves to work around him. the female commentator on fox said bachmen first then skipped 2nd place and went straight to 3rd place to avoid saying ron paul...lol as the whole crowd chanted Ron Paul they got so loud fox news couldn't focus

The most disgusting part was that right after the results were announced, there was a smirk on the CNN anchor's face, like he got what he wanted. Talk about unbiased.

Originally posted by tenpenny
I view this as good for Ron Paul. He came in what? 4th last time? This is a step up and the Iowa Straw Poll is rarely a reflection of who wins the caucus. I think it should be a realization for some people that the American People want something different.

Still, the media will talk nonstop on Bachmann Bachmann Bachmann and won't even mention Paul. Heck, they haven't yet, while touching on all the other candidates.

link   
reply to post by tenpenny

5th last time. CNN is already trying to blow it off, F-ERS. Can't really blame the internet tampering of his online cult following here, huh?

link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by mossme89
I am so sick of this idiocracy. Ron Paul is clearly the most fit candidate, yet the media is pushing Romney, Bachmann, and Perry.

I blame the stupid sheeple. They should have their voting rights revoked, so only the smart people can vote. Leave the voting to the adults, children because you are obviously too stupid to make your own decisions.
edit on 13-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Do you think Ron Paul would agree with your statement regarding the revocation of voting rights? I see your point and feel your pain but figure the best move is to enlighten people rather than revoke their rights.

Dont know,but it seems like the adults for the last 30 years have been screwing up our Presidency....

Some might say for the last 100 years.........................................

BTW,GO DR.PAUL!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by tenpenny

5th last time. CNN is already trying to blow it off, F-ERS. Can't really blame the internet tampering of his online cult following here, huh?

Yeah,they were all bused in 2 nights ago,didnt you know ???

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by bozzchem

I know and I'm just extremely frustrated. I agree that voting rights shouldn't be revoked, but at the same time, people just vote for whoever the media says to vote for. In 2008, it was Obama, 2004 Bush... As long as the MSM is spewing utter nonsense, people will vote nonsensically. Besides the stupidity of people, the MSM is the issue.

Yeah the MSM is the issue and might very likely get Obama reelected again. I mean, you got MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC all in bed with him. The majority of the American people are stupid and surprisingly most don't watch or follow the news. And if they do follow the news, most of them listen to the MSM which is pro-Obama. So no matter how bad the economy gets over the next year before the election, Obama is very likely to win again. Nobody can compete with his campaign fundraising dollars given to him by the rich elitists.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well Bachmann handed out 4k tickets to followers. Apparently Paul handed out ~2k.

Still, After handing out so many, it's no wonder Bachmann took the lead. And still just barely. I'm expecting to see Pauls outstanding numbers swept under the rug.

Link in case you haven't seen it.
edit on 13-8-2011 by enigma91 because: (no reason given)

You know upon reading the "source" for paul was "a source close to him". Until I see a statement from his camp. I don't know if I'll believe that number.
edit on 13-8-2011 by enigma91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Still, the media will talk nonstop on Bachmann Bachmann Bachmann and won't even mention Paul. Heck, they haven't yet, while touching on all the other candidates.

Be positive man, this was a good day for us. This was the Republican base voting, this isn't counting most of his long time Independent and Libertarian followers, and he almost won. Now, it's more important than ever that we all register temporarily as Republicans so we can vote for him in the primaries.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You mean the chick with the crazy eyes came out ahead of Ron Paul?

Yep, time to find a new country. Hey New Zealand, hows things over there?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
On CNN, they're talking about Ron Paul's "passionate supporters" like they are a cult. Maybe they are, but I'm sick of their bias. Just disgusting.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

CSPAN did this too........

The first several times they ran the numbers, the left Paul out of it.

No conspiracy.

link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

No way.........Obama is not going to be 2 term President. His own Party is slowly,and methodically stepping back....Hope and Change......and none in sight my friend.......

link   
Oh wow, that bloated Candy Crowley (sp?) on CNN just said it was his devoted supporters who would "drive through snow" to vote for him. I just hope everybody is now seeing the bias.

link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Be positive man, this was a good day for us. This was the Republican base voting, this isn't counting most of his long time Independent and Libertarian followers, and he almost won. Now, it's more important than ever that we all register temporarily as Republicans so we can vote for him in the primaries.

True. I registered Democrat, basically forced to by my parents, how do I switch parties?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's so close, I wouldn't be surprised that once the BACHMAN WINS headlines die down, they find another box of ballots that puts RP in the lead ;-)

Republicans must really want Obama in office. RP is the only one that could beat him. They don't seem to be thinking like that though.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing news! Fox News commentator just reported that in the past 20 years, all 5 Ames Straw Polls, either the winner of the poll or the person in second place has always won the Iowa Caucuses.

So now it comes down to this, either we take Iowa, which is now wide open for us, or we lose it and lose the election, I say it is time for Ron Paul supporters to step up.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Factoid: In the past 5 cycles (20 yrs) the #1 and 2 winners of the Straw Poll have gone on to win the actual caucus.

Bachmann and Paul have history on their side...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
not shocked. i mean they even showed her speach on SkyNews in the uk. like we care!
People don't know a Good thing when they see it.

Follow the money.. ;/

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join