It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother knows all about my bunion op - and the fish pie I ate after it: How one woman found out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Big Brother knows all about my bunion op - and the fish pie I ate after it: How one woman found out about the intimate information held about her

www.da ilymail.co.uk

It was a perfectly ordinary summer’s day. On July 29 last year, Angela Lay, a performance management officer at Maldon Council in Essex, got up early and drove the two-and- a- half miles from her home in Heybridge Basin half to go shopping in Maldon. She left Tesco at 6.03am, having spent £126.80 on food and earned 60 points on her reward card, returned home and unloaded the silver Renault Megane diesel car she had bought four years earlier. She then caught
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ATSers have been saying this for years but now even the MSM is picking up on it.

The detailed information in the article for one day is staggering!

Imagine the detailed picture what tptb get for each and every individual is a profound and imo an illegal invasion of privacy.

Not only is our electronic paper trail collated, but our card purchases, CCTV, our locations on our mobile phones, just about everything!

Wtf!??!

This article should be passed on to those who think that conspiracy theorists are just paranoid mentalists.

www.da ilymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And making it illegal to be anonymous on the internet does NOT increase our safety - it just makes it legal for these corporate sobs to act on their knowledge.

Check this out: Goodbye internet privacy in canada

Good catch - S&F btw

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by EvanB

And making it illegal to be anonymous on the internet does NOT increase our safety - it just makes it legal for these corporate sobs to act on their knowledge.

Check this out: Goodbye internet privacy in canada

Good catch - S&F btw

Why the hell do they need this much info on us anyway?

I guess we know why

Bastards!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Great article... Good find S n F

Highlights exactly the information stored about us.. It's actually quite scary reading that..

This is exactly why I only use cash..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

hi
me to
cash always if i havnt got it i cant buy it
cant even go for a crap nowadays without them knowing

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Highlights exactly the information stored about us.. It's actually quite scary reading that..

And the reason why they make us use bank accounts for wages.

I miss the days of my wages in an envelope.

I will not be using my debit card again or any loyalty cards!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Funny..... Im not seeing this 'access to information' being used to do anything good atm like, oh I dont know, catching serial killers for example.....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

As my wife said, even cash leaves a trail because you have to speak and it has your fingerprints on it.. however, it is still difficult to follow cash but, the registers leave a reciept but most most including Walmart request your zip code.

but .. you know what do we know ... right ??

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Are we sure its not a post-looting psy-op?
That said,
I can fully beleive it . You will all i hope enjoy too a thread i am cooking up about the NHS, Mental Health Services ( esp Forensic Psychiatry), The Ministry of Justice , DH, PO Box 500 et al.
If you have violent tendencies or dont get on well with authority , your paranoia buttons are about to get pushed

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
Are we sure its not a post-looting psy-op?
That said,
I can fully beleive it . You will all i hope enjoy too a thread i am cooking up about the NHS, Mental Health Services ( esp Forensic Psychiatry), The Ministry of Justice , DH, PO Box 500 et al.
If you have violent tendencies or dont get on well with authority , your paranoia buttons are about to get pushed

A post loot psy op hey?

I doubt it, after all they did not exactly use their debit/credit cards for the loot, nor get points on tbeir loyalty cards when they trashed asda

But locations on their mobiles and electronic trails maybe.

That

And I doubt many of the looters would read the daily mail

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Their mummys and daddys might read it though ! It was the 'pinging' issue to do with phone location which set off the hack-gate business. Police supplied the info to the likes of - news of the world ?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

Their mummys and daddys might read it though ! It was the 'pinging' issue to do with phone location which set off the hack-gate business. Police supplied the info to the likes of - news of the world ?

Yeah, and the police also sell info to accident ambulance chasing lawyers on those who have road traffic accidents and alike.

What other info they selling?

And why are we not stringing them up with the looters?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
More people need to open their eyes and see how this has encompassed every facet of life. How many people who laugh at our concern, would keep laughing after seeing what is in their "file". Very few, I bet.

I am aware of how this is being done, but I am still taken aback when I get an e-mail or snail mail advert on something I viewed online. As far as the loyalty cards, our local grocer mails coupons for things I bought the last shopping trip. This info is not benignly collected, it is actively processed and used.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That's not the half of it.

Today they can use the wifi connection on her laptop as radar and detect when she comes home, how many people are in her home...the dimensions of the room the laptop is in....

Her cars computer stores her speed, driving time.....newer cars even have little cellphones in their computers to relay information back to someone and triangulate your current position.

Maybe her computer's manufacturer is having a bum year....they can remotely disable her computer to make her buy a new one...

Maybe her car manufacturer needs some money so thru the cars computer they disable a sensor on the transmission so she has to take it to the dealership and fork out 300 quid for a new part...that the car never even needed.

That's where technology is at right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

Yeah, and the police also sell info to accident ambulance chasing lawyers on those who have road traffic accidents and alike.

What other info they selling?

And why are we not stringing them up with the looters?

More good points : some of them have been arrested, apparently > quite a few senior chiefs at scotland yard a week or so ago, reported on the front corner of the times.
It's who has access to what and who collates it primarily an issue to answer > who do you think sits in the middle of it. I'll read it again missing out what they have all been at for the last 10 years............

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There are two very simple things that anyone who is concerned about reducing their traceability (at least on a daily basis) can do.

1) Do not own a mobile phone. I don't own one. My mother bought me one which I used for a brief period of time, but the charger was misplaced, and I got rid of it. I do have a laptop, but it is old, and very rarely used.

I consider the cellular phone to be a genuinely evil form of technology, to be honest. They can be tracked to within 10 meters, anywhere on the planet, and although different phones vary, their levels of microwave radiation are known to often be carcinogenic. In addition, they generate very large amounts of non-recyclable rubbish, when teenagers throw away a phone that may still be perfectly functional, in order to get a more recent one, so as to maintain social acceptability.

I don't care who you are, or what your life is like; do not reply to this, telling me that you need a mobile phone. You do not. Payphones to a certain extent still exist, and Internet cafes are everywhere. If your reasons for feeling that you "need" a mobile phone have anything to do with social acceptability, then I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

2) Use cash, rather than ATMs, EFTpos, or credit cards. Cards now have RFID chips in them which are trackable at range. They're not the dermal off-chip that Norman Rockefeller would like us all to have, but they'll do for the time being. Every time you make an EFTpos transaction, your point of location is tracked and recorded.

If you get all of your money out of an ATM at once, then that location is still recorded, yes; but none of your other movements that would otherwise be digitally recorded via the card, can be. If they want to know where you've been from your cash purchases, they will then likely need to go through analogue records. This is one of the main reasons why they don't like cash, and why they're trying to discourage everyone from using it.

Because I'm unemployed, I'm unable to get a credit card anyway; but I've always had a policy that if I don't have the cash for something, I don't get it. Most people don't have the basic integrity, maturity, or discipline to be able to apply such a rule to their own lives, and will also likely attack me for adhering to it as well.

Always remember, that in order to rule over you, the elite always have to take advantage of some negative characteristic of your nature. Your greed, your desire for convenience, your unwillingness to think, your laziness, your craving for superficiality and social acceptance, your indifference. Virtue is therefore your best defense; if you work to eliminate all of these characteristics as much as possible, you will greatly reduce the hold the elite can have on you.
edit on 13-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

the fish pie, broccoli and bread-and-butter pudding she ate afterwards.

that just sounds awful

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Under the Regulation Of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the police, HM Revenue & Customs, UK Border Agency, Security Services and other Government agencies can access any of these databases – public or private – without a warrant.

As can the police forces and examining magistrates of 32 European countries – without reference to any UK court.t
reply to post by EvanB

Reminds of this :

Executive Liaison Groups enable MI5 to safely share secret, sensitive, and often raw intelligence with the police, on which decisions can be made about how best to gather evidence and prosecute suspects in the courts. Each organization works in partnership throughout the investigation, but MI5 retain the lead for collecting, assessing and exploiting intelligence. The police take lead responsibility for gathering evidence, obtaining arrests and preventing risks to the public
wiki MI5

Its the police in the middle by the looks. Going by who pays them, it's The Ministry of Justice who pays the judges , and they answer to deputy prime minister these days.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Today they can use the wifi connection on her laptop as radar and detect when she comes home, how many people are in her home...the dimensions of the room the laptop is in....
reply to post by Pervius

Can you provide links for that?

If thats true then just wtf??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join