It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Trekkers unite to build it. A real Starship Enterprise.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Humans will inhabit other planets in due time.

There are corporations working on new types of space craft as we speak.

NASA has a contest going on now for a type of space taxi.

Also taking into consideration a craft to deliver and bring back experiments from outer space to earth.

Google it and see for your self.

It really is a brave new world.

You ain't seen nothing yet.
All we have done so far is make baby steps.
We will soon be in a race for our lives and I predict we will win.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well since its never gonna fly why not make a theme park like comic con on steriods all kinds of giant life sized balloons for fake ships you could make a real enterprise balloon to scale enterprise a would only be a few hundred feet i think enterprise e would be a 1000 feet that would be awesome to see just tie a really heavy duty steel cable system and float it 300 feet up , holographic booths, theatres were you can role play and rides a year round .You could make replica bridges from every series on computer and have all led screens wall to wall and rent them out for parties or hotel rooms star trek mecca with events and collectibles and guest stars maybe even do star wars as well just to bring in the herds I am a trekky trekker but are there enough of us?They made a Harry potter park we need a Star trek park

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
one problem no one like space or each other we will be shunned and pushed out of the #ry

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why do something like this when we can spend billions on football or basketball.

Besides, investing complex thought into fantasy is worse than investing stupid thought into fantasy. Investing stupid thought into it makes you look sane, in case you're wondering.

I know we waste time anyway, but how you waste time matters to people. Just some advice.
edit on 13-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And you will be the founder ?
a futur trillions of dollars compagny
owning a dozen of starships + different galaxies

To late the greys already have a starship enterprise at their disposition

will take hundred of yrs to acheive such an idea
and a few thousand trillions well placed
if you own one day Russia China France UK Canada USA
and you form a one world government
you might have enought taxes payer money to build such a big enterprise lol

well that was my 2 cents on your grandiose idea

edit on 8/13/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My bad if this has already been posted on ATS, but looks like a bored rich prince has similar ideas:

www.emirates247.com...

Love the idea but not sure what to think of the location......

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You should start a website/ Non-Profit. Take donations.

Where would it be built? Country who donates the most money?

Best place would be a desert where the metals would not degrade.

Noah built an Arc.......you could run the project to build THE Arc.

The Prometheus Class Starship was my favorite....but that's only because of it's warfare capability.

I really think you should seriously start this website/ project. You might be surprised to find Nations Space Programs jumping in.

Triple Stars for you...good post.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Proposed design 1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d44ecc3ed6e2.png[/atsimg]
Full view: Right click - view image

Apologies as I did do this half ***'ed and in a hurry. If I had my tablet, I could do something a little better. I'd suggest either A) building it in space or B) shooting it up in parts.

As you can see, the hull and saucer are one and the same. The only things "affixed" to it are the actual nacelles. This isn't my design from 2002, but I couldn't find that drawing.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There MUST be a holodeck, we must think hard about how to make a holodeck.

Then when everything is complete, we need to throw a big party in the ship with Romulan Ale.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

So where are we expected to get a warp drive from?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

And a Teleport System,

And Phasers, gotta have Phasers.

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Impulse Drive already exists, Ion propulsion. Warp Drive= Navy Advanced Propulsion Division:

www.onr.navy.mil/Science-Technology/Departments/Code-35/All-Programs/aerospace-research-351/Advanced-Aerospace-Propulsion.aspx

They will tell you how much room to leave open for the Warp Core in Engineering.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by objectivist
Well since its never gonna fly

en.wikipedia.org...

He says we've been flying alien reactor'd spacecraft.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If you're set on the idea of getting an Enterprise into space, remember that Enterprise is merely the name. Wether it's Archer, Picard, Kirk, or Garrett in command, they were simply captains of ships. A more logical choice would be to have something round the size of the Defiant or even Voyager. Might be able to actually get it out of the atmosphere. Something as large as the 1701's would have to be built in a space dock, as the inertial forces of transporting it from surface to space would probably destroy it.

Anyways, the technology for the 'warp' drive is already here. You can feel the force of the next generation (pun intended) of zero-g propulsion systems every day, and, as a race, we've been able to feel it from the moment our minds could register it. Why in the world no one's ever used Gravity for propulsion is beyond me. Ender had it right, 'The enemy gate is DOWN'. Why push ourselves to solar system when we can just fall to it. It's my experience that anything mankind can measure and quantify, we can manipulate. All forces are included. We can break the speed of sound. We can stop light. We can accelerate objects beyond the speed of light. (For you Einsteinians that believe it's impossible, consider the fact that the LHC accelerates particles in opposite directions. At some point just before collision, the two beams are right next to each other, travelling at relativistic speeds away from each other. That's nearly twice the speed of light. Anyways, we stick a ship between two objects of mass and find a way to link the ship into their gravity wells, then manipulate the gravitational forces to increase the weaker pull and decrease the stronger. Sure, that's over simplifying things, but it's what must be done to achieve interstellar travel. Gravity is a concept we understand. Inside the link, inertia wouldn't be an issue as the median pull of the two stars would remain constant, so inertial dampeners wouldn't be necessary. Anything caught inside the gravity link would be rubber-banded through it and away, so a deflector wouldn't be necessary either. Broussard Collectors would be irrelevant unless you found a way to configure them to pull charged particles to power the ship. An engine with that capability would have no limits to distance. I'm not quite sure how time dilation would affect such a propulsion system, but I'd think time would remain a constant from the viewpoint of the observers on stationary and travelling ends.

And what of weapons? A a crude base-form of this engine could also be used for ballistics in space that would allow kinetic weapons to be used. I wouldn't think lasers would be effective due to power requirements and instability in areas of space that have particulate mass (Nebulas for example) which are big and pretty and probably the first place we'd go.

Space is big. The computer systems and tracking systems (Sensors...?) would have to be far beyond what we're capable of today. I've figured out a way to lock onto far away stars that would transcend time dilation caused by lightwaves in space. It involves needles, the ability to extrapolate based on observation, and a very intense data storage and retrieval system. Perhaps the Quark system, once it's developed will be enough. It would also allow for long and short-range scanning of planets and objects in space.

Food replicators... not sure we can do this one. The atmospherics are easy, but a harmonic system will be difficult to maintain. Food in liquid or solid form requires storage space. I like Star Trek's idea in having a base of material then simply transporting material out, configuring the patern of material in a buffer, then transporting the end-product to the crewman requesting it. I think it's possible, but people won't be putting their heads together to figure out how, Not any time soon, at least.

Anyways, I've given alot of thought to this over the years. It can be done, but humanity will never pull it together to make it happen. Money and power are too important. IF people could voluntarily leave the planet to live in other solar systems, what would be the point of it all? A whole new are of problems become involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Perhaps if you would include children in your request more people would want to listen. Make it more dramatic like how we and our ancestors have polluted this planet and will continue to do so, therefor we must built a spaceship and sent our future children into space to ensure their children will one day have happy lives.

Or maybe we should start by building a Starfleet Acadamy first? I think if properly built, preferably somewhere in Australia there would be a lot of star trek fans who would want to live 'on campus', completely selfsufficient. Education could be reformed, not just the standard history/math/geography etc. but also many philosphical subjects, watching Star Trek episodes and movies as part of the course. There are a lot of intelligent concepts in the series alone which would help the human psyche to evolve.

Basically it would be like an ashram or souvereign city. The main goal would be to achieve OBE and built a spaceship/spacestation in a kind of subspace or resembling holographic technology. Once that is complete the trekkies can begin mass brainwashing/mindcontrolling of the population, abducting people in their sleep, invading other's dreams (hey if aliens can do it so can we, right?). No hostilities or experimenting though, just giving them tours on one of the 'imaginary' spaceships and returning them afterwards.
edit on 14/8/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
A more logical choice would be to have something round the size of the Defiant or even Voyager.

The previous ship design I posed is roughly the size of the Defiant. I also propose sending it into space via magnetic rail that slowly increases in height until it's eventually pointing upwards shooting the "Enterprise" into space. This would also be reusable and we could send other ships up this way until we have enough crew in space to start building a space dock for construction of larger ships or simply, easier construction of smaller ships. I also propose that these fleet yards be placed around a planet/moon/asteroid belt with plenty of resources.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Think about cold welding in space-you can weld metal without torches.
That saves energy.
Building in space/orbit may be the way to go I think.
A robot factory,powered by RA,our sun.

Solar power is much magnified above our atmosphere,massive free energy in space is possible.

We will have a company built interstellar craft one day,and I would volunteer-as long as they let me take my dog with me!

If 1 good thing comes from our mega corps,please let that be investment in space travel.
we have the tech now.
Lets do it.
Exploration is in our nature.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

As far as the design goes, it's pretty... but what, exactly is the function of the warp nacelles in your ship? Living quarters? Cargo Bay? Bridge? Operations? What is where and what systems will be aboard? Crew compliment? Recycling facilities? In Star Trek, the boys had hundreds of years to refine their tech... THe stuff that an actual interstellar vessel would require would make it pretty massive. Obviously, we're both Trekkers, but I like to think of building an Enterprise as a serious endeavor. Call me an idealist.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The propulsion is old news, it's been around since the 50's, do a search for T.T.Brown electrogravitics, or Paul A. Laviolette.. The design went ultra black in the late 50's due to military involvement.

I am currently experimenting with advanced nanomaterials, massive, high-k, custom, ceramic capacitors that will be able to lift 125% of their own weight. I am in the market for BTZ powder if anyone has any leads in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think Astor was behind the Tesla space ship cause it worked and
is still here today. The work never went through but the idea still
make for good movies. I don't know who to ask why the ships have
not been built past the ones rarely seen but there is no where to
go and basically we have not landed on Earth yet due to lack of
the science of energy from space and the environment being withheld
by financial and science cartels.
ED: T.T.Brown or Paul A. Laviolette did not make a flying machine
as Tesla did. Also Tesla uses energy from the environment to make
a wimpy powered electric generator capture the energy for a ship
that goes 1000 miles per hour.
ED: Like reality became fantasy as you say now.

edit on 8/16/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join