It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed marshal at the community event made me smile..This is the USA, my home....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I really do not know how or what I want to say........But when I glanced over and seen a marshal standing next to me, I did a double take......after reading and hearing about what went on in Switzerland(or where ever), it is nice to know that he was there ready for the lunatic that we are all supposed to be affraid of.

It did not bother me taking my hat off out of respect and pride the national anthem and be surrounded by a community that does care, a community that comes together and has a good time, and enjoys and understands what being an american is all about........

I need to get dinner started and the kids won't leave me alone.....

So, Liejunkie01 says, It is great being an american....I love it.......Time to go BBQ.....

PS.....I just want to thank the posters of ATS for helping me to enjoy and understand more about what being an american is all about........It was nice out today

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh, nice.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
....norway?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
....norway?

Yeah thats it.

With all of the american hating threads.....

Lj01 is going to start expressing my love for this great nation. It is such a popular topic here on the scare-fear mongering site known as ATS...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I can appreciate that! My Ma was on a flight 2 years ago when a nut job ran for the exit door in an attempt to bring the plane down. The US Marshal on board had the man on the ground and restrained within a split second. My ma said it was the fastest she had ever seen a person move. So I say thanks as this Marshal could have very well saved my mothers life!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

Sounded like a scary situation. I definitely would have not enjoyed that.....

The marshal deserves a hand shake and thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

So, you are thankful for a cop standing around? And this makes you proud to be an American, how? You do realize we are the leaders by a great deal of large scale multi murders and massacres right? Does this make you feel proud to be an American. You also further the sterotype that Americans are not smart. "That guy in Switzerland or where ever" is my evidence. Enjoy your BBQ and solitary cop who is stopping the great USA from mass murderers.

CJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I see things a little different. I don't need my mommy to cut my veggies for me, I don't need my daddy to wipe my nose and I don't need my uncle Sam to protect me from bad guys. If a man with a gun makes you feel safe you need to move somewhere safer.
If he wasn't already dead I would swear George Orwell posted that thread with his tongue in his cheek.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
USA! USA! USA! USA!

*pukes in disgust*

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Right on, Liejunkie. I too, appreciate our country. I appreciate our military and our law enforcement officers. Thank you for posting this. It made me smile.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

So, you are thankful for a cop standing around? And this makes you proud to be an American, how?

I am thankful for this great nation...........It made me smile because I remembered all of the BS spewed here on ATS from people that do not have a clue of what it is about to be an american.....Anti guns and such.

You do realize we are the leaders by a great deal of large scale multi murders and massacres right?

War is a bummer. I have friends and family that is and were serving in all the wars.......You do not need to preach to me about the war machine........

Does this make you feel proud to be an American.

Yes it does. I am proud of the people that go and do the job that I really do not wish too....Regardless of the politics, they are the one's sticking their necks out on the line. Not me and definitely not you.

You also further the sterotype that Americans are not smart. "That guy in Switzerland or where ever" is my evidence

I did this on purpose, just to get you self rightousness types something to talk about....I thought it was a little funny......If you would take the time to do a little checking on who you are stereotyping you would know that I put myself through college and ended with a decent GPA.........(By the way you misspelled streotype, I am just saying).............

Enjoy your BBQ and solitary cop who is stopping the great USA from mass murderers.

I did enjoy my BBQ chicken, it was great........I did enjoy having the officer there at hand......He had his children there and we all enjoyed the event........Without incident I might add.

What I take from your comment, if you really are from Colorado, is that you need to lay off of the depressed news for a while. You need to get out and enjoy what this great nation has to offer and to definitely get off of your high horse.................Smart guy

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I see things a little different. I don't need my mommy to cut my veggies for me, I don't need my daddy to wipe my nose and I don't need my uncle Sam to protect me from bad guys. If a man with a gun makes you feel safe you need to move somewhere safer.
If he wasn't already dead I would swear George Orwell posted that thread with his tongue in his cheek.

I live in a pretty safe section of the midwest. A small town to be exact..........I said it made me smile........Safe is really a pipe dream is'nt it?......

Unfortunately I cannot own a firearm due to some pretty stupid decisions in my younger life.......

So with that being said, you were saying what again?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Hey. 15 shot today in Detroit. Looks like it isn't as put forth...

Another massacre in the USA

CJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella

Right on, Liejunkie. I too, appreciate our country. I appreciate our military and our law enforcement officers. Thank you for posting this. It made me smile.

Thank you.

I feel that ATS is over run with young punks(for the most part, not all) that do not have a clue what it is like to be here and surviving in this nation.....All everybody posts about here on ATS is anti american, bs propaganda spewing ingnorance(and I do not like that word)......

It is obvious.......Nobody wants to hear how great of a nation this is.....Just look at some of the replies, even from people here in this country.........It really is sickening to read sometimes.
edit on 13-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (for the most part, not all)

edit on 13-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Hey. 15 shot today in Detroit. Looks like it isn't as put forth...

Another massacre in the USA

CJ

I do not live in Detroit

Looks like more troubled individuals that are not happy with what is goin on. That is their problem. Now they will have to deal with the consequences...............

I wonder if they have the same views as some of the people here on ATS?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Did you make a thread about how great America is as a nation? It seems you are just attacking everyone.

I am thankful for this great nation...........It made me smile because I remembered all of the BS spewed here on ATS from people that do not have a clue of what it is about to be an american.....Anti guns and such.

Anyone "anti-gun" has no clue of "what it is about" to be an American...that is your view? Seriously?

I really do not know how or what I want to say........But when I glanced over and seen a marshal standing next to me, I did a double take......after reading and hearing about what went on in Switzerland(or where ever), it is nice to know that he was there ready for the lunatic that we are all supposed to be affraid of.

It's nice you have police in your town to patrol your get together...In your response to me about your comments regarding the Norway crazy, no where is there any hint of humor or sarcasm. In order to make a thread about your pride for the US you some how infer "whatever" country some nut killed a bunch of people in is not as safe as the US.

Here is page one (of 12 - I didn't bother to look after that) for a google search on "Multiple Shootings Arizona" - ...and based upon how safe and sane we all are, as you claim, I'm sure this will only pull a few stories..

Then Again Maybe Not

War is a bummer. I have friends and family that is and were serving in all the wars.......You do not need to preach to me about the war machine........

Never did I mention anything about war. We, AMERICANS, lead the WORLD in SERIAL MURDERERS and Shooting Massacres INSIDE our own country...Like those losers in whatever country over there...

Here is the google first page for "Spree Killer" - Note how many take place here in the US - I wonder what others must think of all these spree killings happening in America?

google spree killer

It is obvious.......Nobody wants to hear how great of a nation this is.....Just look at some of the replies, even from people here in this country.........IUt really is sickening to read sometimes.

I'd love to hear why you believe it is so great. You've done nothing of the sort here. You mocked a peaceful and prosperous nation for what, not stopping the murders? If that is your argument (You felt safe here in the US because a cop was at your function) and that makes us great...well, no. Maybe you can expand on why you believe the USA is so great.

We ARE great at Spree killings, the kind that happened in Norway - we excel at them.

I do not live in Detroit

So Detroit somehow isn't the US? It's only your safe little haven? Interesting for someone who is so proud of their "country". Also, I saw at least three grammatical errors in your post - happy?

CJ
edit on 13-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Wow.....I think you have an anger issue.........

I am a crappy grammer dude.......Thank you.....

I am glad that you wish to try and shoot me down. I am flattered that you took the time out of your busy day to stop by and try to make me look less than you...

Did you make a thread about how great America is as a nation? It seems you are just attacking everyone

I believe I stated that I am tired of all of the anti american threads lately.....There is enough attacking going on around here.......Hence you replying on my thread in a manner that attacked me and my "smarts." Here is your first reply to me. Let me refresh your memory......

So, you are thankful for a cop standing around? And this makes you proud to be an American, how? You do realize we are the leaders by a great deal of large scale multi murders and massacres right? Does this make you feel proud to be an American. You also further the sterotype that Americans are not smart. "That guy in Switzerland or where ever" is my evidence. Enjoy your BBQ and solitary cop who is stopping the great USA from mass murderers.

That is a direct quote from your post above.........Is this not a direct attack on my smarts? And you are typically stereotyping and all?....If it was not, then maybe you should tone it down a hair......

Another one of your quotes....Trying to quote me...

Anyone "anti-gun" has no clue of "what it is about" to be an American...that is your view? Seriously?

Here is what I said in that whole sentence.

See how you chopped my statement up to meet your attacking agenda.....

Here is you again...

It's nice you have police in your town to patrol your get together...In your response to me about your comments regarding the Norway crazy, no where is there any hint of humor or sarcasm. In order to make a thread about your pride for the US you some how infer "whatever" country some nut killed a bunch of people in is not as safe as the US.

Do what again? I only put the Norway thing in there because that is what I thought of when I seen the gun on the officers side....If someone had a gun other than the shooter this whole situation could have been different.......Is there a problem with this?

There was no problems at the get together. Why even bring up Detroit in your other post? As stated I do not live in Detroit. There are crazies everywhere.

Can I ask if there was an armed guard where the shootings hapened? Where there any armed individuals that could have taken the suspect(s) down? I have no idea what happened there. It is litterally hundreds of miles from where Ilive.

Never did I mention anything about war. We, AMERICANS, lead the WORLD in SERIAL MURDERERS and Shooting Massacres INSIDE our own country...Like those losers in whatever country over there...

This is a direct quote from your post above.

You do realize we are the leaders by a great deal of large scale multi murders and massacres right?

I sure thought you were talking of war....This is where I got the war machine remark from.....

I'd love to hear why you believe it is so great. You've done nothing of the sort here. You mocked a peaceful and prosperous nation for what, not stopping the murders? If that is your argument (You felt safe here in the US because a cop was at your function) and that makes us great...well, no. Maybe you can expand on why you believe the USA is so great.

Can you expand and maybe explain to me why it is'nt so great.

The only thing you have done is come on my thread and attack me for loving my great nation....My family came here in the 1600's and made a life for their children. They fought for the rights of my family and other families here in the states. I am here to carry it on to the future generations of my family.....Is there a problem with this?

I have no problem stepping up if the times calls to defend my nation against ignorance......

So Detroit somehow isn't the US? It's only your safe little haven? Interesting for someone who is so proud of their "country". Also, I saw at least three grammatical errors in your post - happy?

Again you brought up Detroit. I said nothing of one of the worst cities of this great nation.........I only brought up your misspelling to show you that when you attack someone's "smarts" you should try to get it right.....

I realize that I have crappy grammar and I will admit it every time...

So please, if you wish to argue further, we can.......

edit on 14-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Lj01 is getting paranoid of the gov't

I am just here to lend some junkie reasoning

edit on 14-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You also further the sterotype that Americans are not smart. "That guy in Switzerland or where ever" is my evidence

By the way you misspelled streotype, I am just saying).............

Line of the night. Hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join