It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you change with our Government if you could?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would make politicians accountable for their promises and I let people choose what taxes were spent on as opposed to the government...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
---All Judges to be elected, from the populace. No degree required.

---Abolish the US Air Force, put the Air Wings back under the US Army.

---No more 2 Party System. Anyone can get elected for Congress/Senate. Ban on all campaign donations.

---Being a Lobbyist would be a Death Penalty punishment for Treason

---No more free money to Churches from the Federal Government or State, no more Federal Contracts to Churches.
(3HO muslim/hindu cult currently has contracts for Federal/military security...had the contract for security of the Oklahoma City Building that was truck bombed)

---Put Colin Powell under Trial for admitting on National TV he uses his military retirement check to hire illegals to work on his home instead of Americans.

---Put Wesley Clark on Trial for releasing US Army Ordinance which was used to kill women and children at Waco

---No more Department of HomeLand inSecurity. States will protect themselves. The Federal Government will have a military to protect the States from Invasion.

---California will be sold to the highest bidder (China or Japan) for allowing millions of illegal aliens into that State and fraudulently using the higher census count to get more House of Representatives to STEAL Federal Appropriations from Americans in the other States.

---Sell the US Territories.

---Put Bill Clinton on Trial for what he did to Haiti.

---Apologize to China for the Boxer Rebellion..and for them not getting Reparations from Japan in WWII

---Apologize to the American Indians and return over all Federal Forests/Parks to them. Re-state they are their own Sovereign Nations.

---Use Yucca Mountain as it was made for and put all the nuclear waste in it.

---Crash 3 Airliners into Saudi Arabia (Mecca), then tell them we are even for 9-11

---Compulsory Service into the US Army, Navy, or Marines...very low pay...like our military was paid in 1990

---Send the US Army into Mexico and chop it up into new States. They've robbed Trillions from us the last decade

---Send the US Marines and Air Force into Canada....chop them up into new US States.

---If Europe wants to keep warm in the winters...we need something from you...

---Israel.....mmmm.....sorry....You're a US State now. You need to be homeless and jobless like us and taxed to death. Time we used your Economic Model on YOU.

---The Internet.....mmmm.....we're taking it down. States can each have their own Internet using phone lines so they can properly collect tax and control it.

There's a start.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
1. Pull our soldiers out of the Middle East, as well as the 120+ countries we're not at war with. We spend almost $1 trillion a year (and that's just the money that can be accounted for) for the privilege of killing the citizens of sovereign nations and artificially propping up the economies of other countries that need to rise or fall on their own. We have children and old people starving in America. Why the hell do we need over 1000 military bases in other countries? We have 227 military bases in Germany alone. It's been 67 years since were at war with them!

2. Social safety-nets should be in place for anyone between the ages of 0-18 and the ages of 63-death. This means Medicare/Medicaid and CHIP, as well as other programs specifically for those age ranges (but not Social Security, which is covered below). Children are our priority, the elderly are our parents, and we should be taking care of them. If you're between those ages, however, you are on your own. Put on your big boy pants and take care of yourself or live under a bridge eating cats.

3. Allow an opt-out of Social Security whereby anyone that opts out loses what they paid in. It belongs to SS after you opt out, but you then will never have to pay into it again. Not to mention that you will come out ahead if you choose your own way to save.

4. I'm coming around to term limits. The only thing I'm afraid of is running out of people that want to serve, not to mention that are competent to serve.

5. Kill. The. Fed.

6. Fair Tax or, at the very least, a flat tax. We aren't stupid, Congress. We know they both work and you will get more money out of us that way. It's a deal you can't afford to turn down because we know we're getting fleeced and are OK with it.

7. If it shuts down during a holiday, get rid of it. It's not a dependent service and thus not needed.

These are just a few. There are more, but those are what are important to me.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Does EVERYTHING counts?

I'm the kind of person that kind of hopes that some kind of apocalypse will happen, either to make the human race realize how stupid we where or to erradicate it and solve the problem of US #ing with what we shouldn't #.

I'm not saying that I hate my life or anything, I just thing that big changes need a big detonation

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I want the laws gone through and eliminate all duplicates and overlapping laws. I would remind our congress that they are "part-time" and should be treated accordingly. I would eliminate MANY government ops (Department of Energy, EPA, etc) which do not produce. I want to see our government officials held responsible for their actions and I want to see them prosecuted for crimes they commit and SERVE TIME AND PAY FINES. I want the same rules that apply to me to apply to them. THIS WOULD BE REAL SOCIAL JUSTICE.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Here is one thread that goes into some of the changes I would make www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join