1. Pull our soldiers out of the Middle East, as well as the 120+ countries we're not at war with. We spend almost $1 trillion a year (and that's
just the money that can be accounted for) for the privilege of killing the citizens of sovereign nations and artificially propping up the economies of
other countries that need to rise or fall on their own. We have children and old people starving in America. Why the hell do we need
over 1000 military bases in other countries?
We have 227 military bases in
Germany alone. It's been 67 years since were at war with them!
2. Social safety-nets should be in place for anyone between the ages of 0-18 and the ages of 63-death. This means Medicare/Medicaid and CHIP, as well
as other programs specifically for those age ranges (but not
Social Security, which is covered below). Children are our priority, the elderly
are our parents, and we should be taking care of them. If you're between those ages, however, you are on your own
. Put on your big boy pants
and take care of yourself or live under a bridge eating cats.
3. Allow an opt-out of Social Security whereby anyone that opts out loses what they paid in. It belongs to SS after you opt out, but you then will
never have to pay into it again. Not to mention that you will come out ahead if you choose your own way to save.
4. I'm coming around to term limits. The only thing I'm afraid of is running out of people that want to serve, not to mention that are competent to
5. Kill. The. Fed.
6. Fair Tax
or, at the very least, a flat tax. We aren't stupid, Congress. We know they both work
and you will get more money out of us that way. It's a deal you can't afford to turn down because we know we're getting fleeced and are OK with
7. If it shuts down during a holiday, get rid of it. It's not a dependent service and thus not needed.
These are just a few. There are more, but those are what are important to me.