It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry announces he will join 2012 presidential field to challenge President Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

You're right. It is bad when Aggies won't even support him...On another note, here's to hoping that Texas Rep. Lloyd Doggett can show people what Perry is really like. Link.

Some of the things he's trying to bring to light to those outside of TX:

The Texas legislature was able to balance its budget and preserve $6 billion in its rainy day fund this year by making cuts to social services and slashing $4 billion in funding to the Texas public education system, an action Doggett calls “extreme.”

“Mr. Perry cannot bring more jobs by taking jobs from one state and moving them to another which is his method. Basically his argument is that he can provide lower taxes here than anywhere else,” Doggett said. “His approach is to provide minimal level of public service and a minimal level of taxes. That might work to attract other businesses but it’s not a way to spur the economy of the United States as a whole.”

Granted, if you live in the great state of Texas, you already know this stuff, but it'd be nice if the rest of America were aware...

Ron Paul in 2012, please...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by Aggie Man

lol you mean your not going to vote for your fellow aggie, aggieman? And you think an aggie would be worse than Obama? hahahaha

Love it.

Yes, that's exactly right!

Trust me, Rick perry has more skeletons in his closet than the best stocked anatomy lab. I'm kind of surprised he put himself out there for scrutiny...he won't last long before his character is destroyed and his dirty, dark secrets are revealed.

Hahahaha, well, you know politics. As soon as he jumped in the race, there was going to be a crap ton of "facts" coming into the equation. See if you cant find his leaked A&M transcripts on the Huffington post. I didn't see that comin'. I wont dog the guy on grades, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed myself, then again I'm not running for office. I think there are going to be some very shattering points that they hold him to, with Texans, it's most likely going to be education cuts and that trans corridor.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This election cycle is going to be a real show stopper. Right wing cultist with who as a running mate?

Please oh please let it be one of the female wingnuts.

Obama isn't going to seek a 2nd term btw.

If elections are going just going to be entertainment for the masses.....Bring in the clowns!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Good Lord, I was a better student in college than he was. I'm sorry, but if you can't get better than a C in phys ed, I don't think I really want you being my president. Nor do I want you doing that if you bombed public speaking. He isn't as bad at that as W is.

His religious nutbucket followers really are the ones that scare me.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yes, I have seen his transcripts (or a summary of). Anyhow, that is one area that I could knock him on, but won't. His degree is in Animal Science and mine is in Wildlife & Fisheries Science (very similar if you look at the course requirements). One thing I can say about those degrees is that they are some of the most difficult classes at A&M, just behind aerospace engineering and biomedical science. The course work barely centered around the major itself; rather, it's focused on advanced genetics, physics, chemistry, biological processes, etc... My wildlife/animal science courses were, in fact, my "blow off" courses; yet were very complicated in their own right....considering the pay one gets with those degrees, it really was a waste of my money...Gawd forbid an academic adviser actually give you sound advice when choosing your major.

Originally posted by Nephalim
I think there are going to be some very shattering points that they hold him to, with Texans, it's most likely going to be education cuts and that trans corridor.

AND forced vaccinations (for the HPV virus) of preteen girls...a vaccine that he just so happened to be financially vested in.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kluskinoodle

Good Lord, I was a better student in college than he was. I'm sorry, but if you can't get better than a C in phys ed, I don't think I really want you being my president. Nor do I want you doing that if you bombed public speaking. He isn't as bad at that as W is.

His religious nutbucket followers really are the ones that scare me.

Yea, odd grade for phys ed there huh. Phys ed instructors are normally pretty lax provided you get up off your toot and do something. Heck it doesn't take much to pass PE.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
as a texan myself rick perry is very good at telling you what you want to hear and then doing the opposite.not that i think any of the canadates care about america or the people i feel like its just hopeless every year our choices for president get worse and worse..im 34yrs old and i can see im not living in the america of my youth.its very sad hopefully im wrong and things will get better..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Rick Perry leading up to presidential bid:

GOP mega-donor Charles Wyly dies
www.politico.com...

Texas Gov. Perry, who’s widely expected to announce a bid for president, received more than $300,000 from the brothers since 2000.

TX Gov. Rick Perry Attends Bilderberg in Istanbul, 2007
www.youtube.com...

Rick Perry Confronted! He Grabs Camera, talks Bilderberg, says NO to new 9/11 Investigation
www.youtube.com...

Bilderberg Behind Rick Perry 2012 Run
www.infowars.com...

I think we have seen this pattern before.

And since we are pointing out outrageous majors take a look at Rahm Emanuel
en.wikipedia.org...

He graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 1981 with a B.A. in Liberal Arts, and went on to receive an M.A. in Speech and Communication from Northwestern University in 1985. While still an undergraduate, he joined the congressional campaign of David Robinson of Chicago.[19] During the 1991 Gulf War, Emanuel volunteered with the Israel Defense Forces as a civilian helping to maintain equipment.[20]

edit on 13-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Governor Goodhair is enough of a nut that he'll probably get the nomination. Bush could at least be amusing, but Perry just gives me the creeps.

For some reason I keep thinking that if he does get the nomination, we'd have Perry/Palin running. But I'm not sure if Palin would want to play second fiddle again.

Either way, I think we're screwed for 2012. Assuming Obama doesn't run for a second term, the Dems don't really seem to have anyone that would be a good candidate (Clinton hasn't made enough noise lately for me to think she's planning on anything) and the Repubs seem to have a bunch of nuts that make Bush look like a genius.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join