It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question for UK members, Who will be the UK's Ron Paul ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As all of you are aware, our political system mirrors the US in it's corruption and enslavement to the Corporate/Financial Cartel.

Unlike the US however we do not seem to have a voice of reason amongst the political class who is willing to confront the Cartel, to stand up in parliament and tell the nation what the real situation is, that we have a system that is bought and steered by the Cartel.

There is no divide between these parties, it's a sham, a show put on for the spectators, we know this and yet year on year we vote either Con or Lab and now Con-Dem knowing the result in advance...we're screwed again.

When are we going to break from these parties and begin to vote for local people who will simply represent their constituents.

I do not believe it is necessary to belong to a party to be a Minister or even a Prime Minister.
As US President Kennedy once said "They don't do degrees for being President".
It is a job you learn as you work.
Anybody of sound mind and judgement can do these jobs.

Yet in the UK we seem to lack a significant candidate that we can rally around.
Doe's anybody out-there have a ideas as to...

...Who could be our Ron Paul ???

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The UK version of Ron Paul is a pretty good guy, Nigel Farage. He is a member of European Parliament from the United Kingdom Independence Party. I have watched some of his speeches and he is pretty good.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I've just fell in love...

why thank you

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, calling Belgium a non-country does little to boost his credibility, but otherwise he speaks the truth, and he even got an applause. I'm surprised he's not suffered a heart attack or committed suicide yet. We need more people like him in politics, who tell it as it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

...Who could be our Ron Paul ???

Cosmic...

No one to many people love the monarchs and have a deep history to being surfs
Being from Canada I already have had this thought pertaining Canadian politics and since Canada isn't even an independent country ( constitutional monarchy) I just get the feeling we are to balls deep in globalists plans to even have a "Ron Paul" movement. because to stick to the constitution in the U.K and Canada we must love the queen

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Farage is a Conservative under a different guise. UKIP is an offshoot of the Conservatives. I like their stance against Europe, but let's be honest they're not exactly the people's party are they? They are against paying exuberant amounts of cash to the E.U and rightly so, but only because they want to pay less tax. What are their policies relating to the U.K? All I ever hear is how they will give us a referendum on leaving the E.U. if they ever get voted into power. As far as I am concerned if they are voted in then they have the mandate from the people to withdraw.

My main concern is which party best represents the people? Not Conservative, Not Labour, Not Lib Dem, Not Greens, Not BNP, Not English Democrats.

They are all for buisness and banking. Forget about the poor people, we are just here to ensure that these institutions continue to function.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Well, calling Belgium a non-country does little to boost his credibility, but otherwise he speaks the truth, and he even got an applause. I'm surprised he's not suffered a heart attack or committed suicide yet. We need more people like him in politics, who tell it as it is.

He did have an air crash a few months ago..... But the guy is a pillock. Nothing of any substance apart from a dislike of the EU, ironic considering his only platform is being an MEP.

And Belgium isn't a real country.. It's two mashed together and hasn't had a functioning Government in about 2 years because of ethnic splits.

reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Personally, i think the English Democrats are more "for the people" than most, but you seem to think that a party that thinks about doing right by business is a bad thing. Business provides jobs, punish business with taxes or legislation and business buggers off to China or India, leaving Uk peeps on the dole.

That said, parliament is not supposed to be about Parties.

Political parties are not recognised by Parliament, but convention of the way things have been done for 200 years has led to the formation of a party political system. Every MP is supposed to represent their constituency and not be tied to a aprty, which is why you vote for a candidate and not the party itself, but the voters are to blame here for not actually following that premise and vote themselves along party lines, sometimes blindly because "that's what they have always done".

Take certain former industrial area's, most people will vote Labour (not for their candidate) because they always have, their parents always did and their grandparents always did.

The short of it is that we are to blame for the state of our politics more so than the polticians themselves. If people actually bothered to vote and when they did, voted properly, then we would have a representative Government.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Frankly comparing the UK to America is an insult.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As far as firebrands go you cant beat George Galloway, he even made an American select committee look idiots.

I dont agree with a lot he says but I enjoy his style.

Im a fully paid up member of the EDP, but wont hold my breath of them getting seats any time soon.

edit on 13-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I understand what you are saying Stu, but the way people vote will never change as long as the sheeple are suckered in by these parties, English Democrats included (no offence).

I also appreciate business is important and I am not saying that we should tax them out of the country.However, I believe there should be a fair balance and at this moment in time there isn't any. How many BIG corporations pay their fair share? Okay we have seen one off tax payments on some of the corporations at the beginning of a new Government, Labour taxed the likes of B.P and the Con/Lib Government have applied a tax on bankers bonuses as a one off. But this comes at a price to us all. Take B.P for example. A one off tax windfall and then we sidled up to the likes of Gadaffi in order to pave the way for lucrative contracts for B.P in Libya. Now the City is being protected by this Government.

It urks me to distarction that we have been led into an economic nightmare by these people, yet they are still being protected. I hear that they would take their business to Frankfurt or even China if we penalised them. I say good riddance to bad rubbish, let those centres take care of them and let those centres suffer what we are currently suffering.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Which part of the UK are you referring to?

If you mean Northern Ireland then most politicans have a connection to Paramilitaries at some point in their life, some even continually today.

if you mean scotland / england or wales?

You have to understand the UK is made up of a union of regions.

And all you americans that think England is a country, seriously, look at a map.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

If you mean Northern Ireland then most politicans have a connection to Paramilitaries at some point in their life, some even continually today.

And all you americans that think England is a country, seriously, look at a map.

England is a country, as much as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, all of which make up the union.

Okay, Wales is more of a Principality, but you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
As far as firebrands go you cant beat George Galloway, he even made an American select committee look idiots.

I dont agree with a lot he says but I enjoy his style.

Im a fully paid up member of the EDP, but wont hold my breath of them getting seats any time soon.

I love this guy. He made a complete Twat of himself on Big Brother, but his principles are in the right place.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

England is a country, as much as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, all of which make up the union.

Okay, Wales is more of a Principality, but you know what I mean.

England is not a country per se, it is a part of the union of the United Kingdom.

You know what I mean and we all know that Americans equate England or "London" to Europe or the UK which is factually incorrect.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Stop being pedantic

Only Northern Ireland has self rule. Even though Scotland and Wales have assemblies they are still ruled by Westminster.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Stop being pedantic

Only Northern Ireland has self rule. Even though Scotland and Wales have assemblies they are still ruled by Westminster.

Everybody is ruled by Westminster, via the budget but yeah we all know the Westminster plan is to get reunify Eire most likely by referendum in 2016 as that situation was only suppost to be for what, 50 years or so and it was extended. I don't have the specifics here but it was something like that and that is a different matter.

But currently everybody is ruled by Westminster via the Treasury.

edit on 13-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes and have seats at Westminster so the UK in the OPs question is still valid.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I would agree with letting those finacial houses "flee" to other countries, if it wasn't for the fact that for the past 10 years, our entire economy has been based upon the success of those companies. If we let them jump ship now, our economy would sink beyond belief. An economic rebalancing is necessary and is partly underway, manufacturing has done pretty well over the past year, although output fell in the last quarter, which isn't surprising given the recent economic problems globally.

As for the political party problem, one can say "as long as the sheeple aren't suckered in", but the problem is, the "sheeple will always be suckered in". I hate to say it, but the country (and the world) is largely populated by people who are quite frankly idiots and will happily defer personal responsibility or interest for the sake of letting someone else take care of it, as long as they have the "mojo" or charisma to convince people of such, take Blair or Cameron for example.

I think in order to have a much more engaging system, we need to teach citizenship and politics to children from a young age, so when they come to be voting adults they are able to understand what is going on and decide in a proper manner. At the moment, people reach voting age with little knowledge of how the system works and therefore enable the problems to persist.

In my opinion, the system itself is perfectly fine, it's how we use it that is the problem. Consider that the biggest election in a decade was held last year, in the middle of the biggest financial crisis the world has seen in almost a century and only 60% of people voted. Previous elections have seen an even lower turnout. Yet people will still complain when almost half didn't even bother to vote and those that did probably voted along the same lines they always did.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Yes, but let's not be too harsh on them. It's what they are taught in school. Anything outside of the U.S is insignificant.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by JennaDarling

Yes, but let's not be too harsh on them. It's what they are taught in school. Anything outside of the U.S is insignificant.

hehe as other posts stated in other threads,, anything further east than New Hampshire does not exist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join