It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rancho Del Cielo Airport, Kent, Tx.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Do any posters no anything about this facility? It is listed as privately owned and closed to general aviation. Its location is 2 miles North of Kent,Tx. and it can be seen from above using TerraServer. This airport is very strange in that it has a runway that is 6300 feet in length. There is only one outbuilding located on the property. The runway appears to be in perfect condition with no sign of useage.
I find this facility to be very strange since it was referenced to the Aura project naming it Ellens AFB. Could anyone shade some light on this mystery.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
At first reading I thought you meant Pres. Ronald Reagan's ranch "Rancho Del Cielo" or "Ranch in the Sky" but that is in California. Here are a couple of links I Google'd up (lame, I know!) on the TX airport.

Airnav.com (Location, specs)
Abandoned & Little-Known Airfields: West Texas (good description)

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I read the review in reference to abandoned airfields and the mystery deepens. Three windsocks, pavement new and a gravel entrance road. Things don't add up. Just maybe this is secret airstrip in plain site. How best to hide something.
Does any poster live nearby this location who would volunteer to be a detective?

new topics

join