It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Survive Until You are Raptured to Sanctuary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by bogomil

. . .It's all invisible and ineffable,. . .
The problem is when such philosophy bleeds over into the real world. Heroic murderous figures, killing the "rebel spirits", is that the religion you would want for the members of the army that comes to occupy your country?

I don't know, if it's necessary to draw attention to it, but I tried humouristically to compress into a few examples, what a couple of books on epistemology would say.

That some kind of theists still haven't discovered the wonderful world of pragmatism and in any case wouldn't hang around waiting for pragmatic confirmation of their claims, is a bit sad. But that's how it goes, if answers come before facts.
I think some people are just evil.
Such as a "Christian" warning those who do not believe them, "Just you wait and you will die (or something to that affect)" and they are unable to completely suppress the joy they feel thinking of the "scoffers" suffering in holy flames (or whatever).
edit on 14-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

You wrote:

["But, the choice must be each of yours – a FREE WILL CHOICE. Yahweh’s Sovereign Rule, or Satan’s dying empire?"]

A FREE WILL choice, on the narrow and rigid option of: "If you're not with me, you're against me, and then you'll have it coming"?

"SIR, yessir, SIR"..... with the only alternative of doing time.

Besides Lucifer is going to win, in spite of all the propaganda to the contrary. In this fairytale, he has actually the galactic council on his side, and no-one gets around THEM.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You wrote:

["Such as a "Christian" warning those who do not believe them, "Just you wait and you will die (or something to that affect)" and they are unable to completely suppress the joy they feel thinking of the "scoffers" suffering in holy flames (or whatever)."]

It can't be denied, that there IS a certain satisfaction in being able to say: "What did I tell you"; even when the scene prematurely is played up in your inner theater, where you always are right.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:
["Such as a "Christian" warning those who do not believe them, "Just you wait and you will die (or something to that affect)" and they are unable to completely suppress the joy they feel thinking of the "scoffers" suffering in holy flames (or whatever)."]

It can't be denied, that there IS a certain satisfaction in being able to say: "What did I tell you"; even when the scene prematurely is played up in your inner theater, where you always are right.
I should say that I am not saying this about anyone here because in a written format you miss those kinds of clues but I am talking about more personal types of confrontations or just listening to someone speak.
And I am not saying this is necessarily an attribute of all the followers but I have to wonder about the people who devise these kinds of religions.
But I get what you are saying about the theater of the mind. My advice is to never allow that sort of thing to play in your mind and if you find it impossible to stop then to pray that you will cease to have feelings like that.
edit on 14-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Besides Lucifer is going to win, in spite of all the propaganda to the contrary. In this fairytale, he has actually the galactic council on his side, and no-one gets around THEM.

You're having way to much fun with this. I'm going to cut you off at the knees, (I sincerely hope that doesn't already reflect any situation you currently face).

The source for your galactic council is not available to us, unless you care to name it. The source material for Yahweh, on the other hand, is quite freely available to any and all, in many languages and many formats (paper, electronic, webpages, all over)

I humbly submit, that what I spouted about this character, which I have tested quite severely, and concluded exists only within the source material, was based upon my own criteria for acceptability of worship. I did not include each and every step of the process, All I am left with is the assumption that if people read the source materials themselves, asking the question first, "Is this really the guy I want to associate with?" that they would reach a similar conclusion to what I have.

I know. Ass-u-me makes an Ass out of U and me. Where did my legs go!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by bogomil

The source for your galactic council is not available to us, unless you care to name it.
Commander Ashtar

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Considering that the OP contains a link, which includes 'aliens' in its analysis of earthly, religious and galactic matters, I feel justified in bringing the subject in.

Here's a link to relevant information on the galactic council etc, some of which I formerly have read, but have forgotten the finer details of now.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I won't deny, that I'm enjoying myself. This sad fact can possibly be ascribed to, that I don't feel I have anything to repent and my sins sofar have been moderate (on my premises ofcourse).

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil
Thanks for the link. I googled it, and found out that alot of people know more about the 7 foot, blue eyed fellow than I do. I must be very remiss in my quest or something.

I think I'm done with this thread. I've strayed off topic I fear.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by bogomil
Thanks for the link. I googled it, and found out that alot of people know more about the 7 foot, blue eyed fellow than I do. I must be very remiss in my quest or something.

I think I'm done with this thread. I've strayed off topic I fear.

See you around. I'll hang on for a while, because I'm interested in how the thread author is going to continue with the explanations of what's black and white in existence;...... disregarding other peoples' personal observations and conclusions on the subject.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

I failed to see "Trust in the Lord" anywhere in your suggestions. My trust is in Him, if I die, that's even better, get to go home sooner than I had expected.

Couldn't help but smile at your statement. Everyone fears the tribulation. The truth is christians and jews get to go home if we die. Even the jews will accept Yeshua as messiah in the end. Many forget that christianity is the child of judaiism.

Therefore why fear death? The very instant our eyes close in death in this world we shall awaken in our father's house, and it will all be like a dream.
edit on 14-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You said:

Such as a "Christian" warning those who do not believe them, "Just you wait and you will die (or something to that affect)" and they are unable to completely suppress the joy they feel thinking of the "scoffers" suffering in holy flames (or whatever).

I feel no joy in thinking of losta souls demise. If anything i feel immense sorrow and i take it personally. Every soul i witness to and fail to bring to the father is a mark on my heart, the loss of a potential brother or sister is not lost on me.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You said:

I feel no joy in thinking of losta souls demise. If anything i feel immense sorrow and i take it personally. Every soul i witness to and fail to bring to the father is a mark on my heart, the loss of a potential brother or sister is not lost on me.
I pointed out later that I did not mean anyone here and I don't think you are like that.
I'm sure you mean well but we are all products of our own history as far as beliefs and doctrines and dogma go. It takes a lot to get away from that sort of thing and it is not always what we were told but the result of our own deliberate study trying to be more knowledgeable.
I sound a lot meaner on this forum that what I feel, I just don't have an expressive style if writing and say things in a very matter of fact way.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["Everyone fears the tribulation."]

Speak for yourself, mate; I, for one, am not a member of your club.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

You don't have to be a member of my "club", yet you will not escape it, wether you believe it or not. No one will. Humanity's clock is winding to a stop, the signs are all across the world. Wars,economic crises,famine,mass death, anarchy,diseases, it is more our time now than ever has been before

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by bogomil

You don't have to be a member of my "club", yet you will not escape it, wether you believe it or not. No one will. Humanity's clock is winding to a stop, the signs are all across the world. Wars,economic crises,famine,mass death, anarchy,diseases, it is more our time now than ever has been before

Only according to your self-contained, circle-argumented system, which doesn't become more true, because the same postulates are preached over and over.

Both I and mankind in general rely more on pragmatism than on prophecies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join