It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US censures report on drone casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

US censures report on drone casualties

english.aljazeera.net

US officials have strongly rejected allegations in an independent UK study that a covert drone war in Pakistan has killed large numbers of civilians, saying the numbers are "way off the mark".

On Friday, US officials criticised the London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism report's finding that there had been many more CIA attacks on alleged al-Qaeda and Taliban targets and far more civilian deaths than previously reported.

The report said that bombing raids by unmanned aircraft had killed up to 168 children in Pakistan over the last seven years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is sickening and disturbing. But is it really new that our government covers up injustices? Really what bugs me is that they must be scarred of us. If they just told us when accidents happen it wouldn't look sooo bad. But every time they cover it up. It's sickening. Here's a quote about this that I felt I needed to share.

168 or 100 or 50 children dead is disgusting, and you may think that verifying the exact number is doing justice to the dead, but it all it does is prove you're unwilling to deal with us killing little boys and little girls who were probably in a school, learning in English.

You look at the horrors in Norway, and see innocence and youth stripped away, and you don't now? These are kids who probably never got to experience the pains of and joys of an innocuous little crush. # arguing over numbers.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: The quote is directed at those defending the army. And those people do exist.

Edit 2: I think the headline is miss-spelled. It isn't my fault it's how it is on the website.
edit on 8/13/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
For some reason this thread isn't coming up on myATS recent threads list. Ignore this post trying to get it on there.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I guess because they were brown, US thought they dont matter..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
al jazeera as a source!

alright same people who said chevron was owned by condelezza rice

i do not dispute collateral damage but hey if they didnt make it a family affair there would be less of it

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
al jazeera as a source!

alright same people who said chevron was owned by condelezza rice

i do not dispute collateral damage but hey if they didnt make it a family affair there would be less of it

al jazeera is a bad source?

I thought they were one of the leaders on the international news scene.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
I guess because they were brown, US thought they dont matter..

There is a rant by George Carlin about something similar to this. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How can we live in a free world if this kind of murder and lies is not exposed...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
World sucks. Collateral Damage, friendly fire, happens in war.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Watch the documentary "Control Room"
Deals with the US military's spin department.
If you saw the casualties of war on TV, you would oppose the wars.
They stopped all that around vietnam,
can't have the sheep seeing the truth.
they might oppose their govt's actions.

new topics

top topics

join