It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falwell law school to teach faith and law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

-- The Rev. Jerry Falwell will open a law school this month in hopes of training a generation of attorneys who will fight for conservative causes.

"We want to infiltrate the culture with men and women of God who are skilled in the legal profession," Falwell said in a telephone interview Tuesday with The Associated Press. "We'll be as far to the right as Harvard is to the left."

Graduates of the law school -- part of Falwell's Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, which is affiliated with his Baptist ministry -- could tackle such issues as abortion rights and gay marriage, Falwell said. Classes begin Aug. 23 for the first-year class of 61 law students.

More: www.cnn.com...

Perhaps it's just me, this sounds like another attempt to further cloud the line between separation of church and state. What is next? A church training individuals to be judges?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

This are the words of Falwell after 9/11

I guess he wants to make judges that will create a death penalty to anyone that do not agree with his religious views that will include,

pagans, abortionist, feminist, gays and lesbians.

So beware people the law rewritten by Falwell is coming to get you.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Usually if you ignore the crazies they'll go away, but I think we need to keep an eye on this guy.
Alot of money and alot of power...

[edit on 8/18/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Honestly, my first thought was "good for them."

They're trying to, in their own way, to make the world a better place.

I happen to disagree, strongly, with what they're trying to do. I think that they've tragically misunderstood the ideals that make America a great place. They are, however, trying to work within the system. They're not caching weapons, and holeing up in a famous church, for example, to try to enforce their desires.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Let that Fat clown open a Law school if he likes... just as long as he doen't get or try and use ANY Government grants or Federal programs...

I mean that has to be the most closed-minded, ego-centric ass in his little "Christian coalition"

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
While I do not agree with his methodology, I do wish him well in his endeavors. It's about time there was once again a balance, and if the ACLU is going to take the extreme left wing liberal position, then Falwell will balance it out by offering the extreme right wing conservative view of things.

Let's get two lawyers, one from each side in court and watch the fireworks!!

I'll bring the popcorn, you bring the happy snacks and soda

join