It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools employ company to monitor students online

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

America, But I assume these parents have been notified and signed off on there internet use before this was implemented?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

America, But I assume these parents have been notified and signed off on there internet use before this was implemented?

One would think, I have no idea what rights australia gives their people, I only know the rights we have here and this is unheard off.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I wouldn't say people worry to much. I mean look, we are talking about people stalking our children. I would want to know if someone is watching my kid and why, and who.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This looks pretty straight forward to me. As a few notable members posted on the first page, your stupid enough to post your life on the Internet then live with the consequences. You can't cry the privacy line when and if you are openly laying out your life details for everyone to see, doesn't make sense.

If the kids are at school then all of their data is subject to review and scrutiny because they are on the schools network. The same cannot be said for their own personal use at home but again if they are openly disclosing the data or making it public there is no issue since anyone can look at it and do as they please.

The notion that the "router" can block it shows a severe lack of critical thinking. Most kids have personal smart phones, none of which (depending on your country of origin and their laws) can be intercepted.

When you look at the number of douchebags who announce their intentions in places like FaceBook (Norway clown ring a bell) and the numerous cases of cyber bullying its no wonder schools are resorting to this tactic. Obviously they are having to fill the massive void left by uncaring and mindless parents.

brill
edit on 13-8-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That is true, when you are hired by a company here in the USA. They give you this huge stack of paperwork that you have to sign off on or you dont get the job. Some companies have a paper to sign that states anything you make or create is their property and they have all rights to it. I am sorry but, how are you going to sign something like that? Who gave these people the right to own a person just because they hire them? I never understood that concept.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you are on my network I can do whatever I please; I can monitor you, I can block sites, I can record your activities.

Are you one of those people that say I could not search you and have no right to search you as a condition of entering my home?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

You are as free to decline the job as they are free to make the contract a condition of employment. Thats how freedom works.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join