It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools employ company to monitor students online

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Only thing people can see on my Facebook is a friend request link, unless i accept they cant see Anything, No matter what is brought out there will always be a solution or a way round it, people worry too much,

You really believe this?

Really?

How much did it cost you to join facebook?

How much money would it take for someone or something to get access to your page?

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by JennaDarling

i dont think you know what it means to go to private school.
those parents pay those crazy tuitions for a reason.

Yes I do, but you cannot sign your rights away in ANY private deal ever here.

Sure they could "technically" do anything, but if caught or challenged, big problem.

i really cant understand your argument.
public schools dont care, if the parents didnt care they would send them to public school

are you trying to argue that kids should have the right to act like idiots, and flaunt their idiotic behavior in public with impunity, while their parents are wasting money on a private school that turns a blind eye to it simply to appease the ignorant little snots "rights"?

i repeat... youre being silly.
kids dont know whats best for them, if they did, they wouldnt have to go to school.
thats the whole point of going, to learn, thats why teachers exist, to teach.
no one ever put a loaded gun to anyones head and forced them to go to private school.

your argument is SILLY.
edit on 13-8-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

i dont think you know what it means to go to private school.
those parents pay those crazy tuitions for a reason.

Yes I do, but you cannot sign your rights away in ANY private deal ever here.

Sure they could "technically" do anything, but if caught or challenged, big problem.

i really cant understand your argument.
public schools dont care, if the parents didnt care they would send them to public school

are you trying to argue that kids should have the right to act like idiots, and flaunt their idiotic behavior in public with impunity, while their parents are wasting money on a private school that turns a blind eye to it simply to appease the ignorant little snots "rights"?

i repeat... youre being silly.
kids dont know whats best for them, if they did, they wouldnt have to go to school.
thats the whole point of going, to learn, thats why teachers exist, to teach.
no one ever put a loaded gun to anyones head and forced them to go to private school.

your argument is SILLY.
edit on 13-8-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

No problem, I am on MY hardware on MY computer on MY internet service I PAY for, Can I STALK you?

NO!

Doesnt matter if you publish anything; I still have no right to do so.

That would be the shoe on the other foot wouldnt it.

Sure I technically COULD but that does not mean I have the right to spy on you.

I suggest you refresh the quote as the post you quoted is not fully there.

Then again we are talking about Australia here , a British colony of a British Imperial Empire that has a history of abusing peoples rights.

Does not supprise me really, but if you did this in many european states you would get your ass handed to you on a silver platter.

edit on 13-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

we're talking about a private school checking on its students online activity. and i think i made my point on that.

but as for what youre trying to twist this argument into...

your country must have some weird laws.
to me its about equal to saying you cant read every column a writer prints in the newspaper. or check out every movie an actor stars in.

doesnt make any sense.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

we're talking about a private school checking on its students online activity. and i think i made my point on that.

but as for what youre trying to twist this argument into...

your country must have some weird laws.
to me its about equal to saying you cant read every column a writer prints in the newspaper. or check out every movie an actor stars in.

doesnt make any sense.

This country has very protective laws for peoples privacy yes.

Private or public school, no difference, same rights.

If they want to check their online activity, they can control what sites they can visit on the router, via a white/black list.

Nothing can EVER replace good parenting and good mentoring EVER.

American companies have failed in Europe for many reasons, they do not like the laws that protect peoples rights, American companies here have pulled out on fundamental things that American companies wanted to SPY on workers, that is a big NO NO. They do not understand that, so they rage quit.

It does not matter how many times you throw the snobby word "pivate school" out there in your posts, it will not affect your rights.

I am very grateful that I live in a very protective country, I feel safe.

If you want the wild west and to be the big brother, go to australia or America sure. That way of life does not work here.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If Australia is like America, everything has a price or can become a "business/accounting problem." You name it, someone will figure a way to make money off of it.

Also, someday, America will have a mature attitude about body parts and functions, as in Europe. (We seem to have regressed in recent years.) Witness the uproar Janet Jackson's nipple caused.

Getting back to topic, a secondary school in America (private or public) must never violate a law. However, private schools, because they are not public and don't need to follow all of public education code, have more latitude in what they can do. If parents want their student monitored in this way, that may well be their prerogative here. I don't know if this monitoring violates any law.

I don't think a public school would get away with this, because of the diversity of parents, but I think public schools normally block students from social net work sites on school computers anyway. I don't see where this company monitors student personal activity off campus or on student personal computer/phone on campus. If they do, that's another matter. But, again, if private school parents want this, then they have the right to do so.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i fully agree, but i have doubts you even understand what you just said.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Menotoring does not equate to SPYING, it equates to leading by example, showing a good example.

Not Spying or what not..

You seem to think "private" compared to "public" schooling means people have a different set of rights, they do not.

Again here where I am is not Australia or America.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Menotoring does not equate to SPYING, it equates to leading by example, showing a good example.

Not Spying or what not..

You seem to think "private" compared to "public" schooling means people have a different set of rights, they do not.

i have no doubt that wherever you are, it must be utopia. otherwise i doubt youd have been able to hold onto such naive ideals for so long (assuming you are an adult)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Not Spying or what not..

i have no doubt that wherever you are, it must be utopia. otherwise i doubt youd have been able to hold onto such naive ideals for so long (assuming you are an adult)

Assuming I am an adult? Is that some sort of troll? Lol Seriously

Where I am compared to a lot of the world frankly in my opinion is utopia, as best as we have yes.

I understand that alot of people comming here from other parts of the world do have problems adjusting to our way of life, and our privacy laws and more. A lot just "dont get it", usually they are American managers and they don't stay longer than a few years, when they actually have to contribute our level of taxes they run away.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

www.abc.net.au

An internet monitoring company, SR7, says it is been employed by some private high schools around Australia to keep track of students' social media activity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why does some news org care that private citizens may monitor their underage kids and remind them of some other news organizations illegally hacking kids phones.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

www.abc.net.au

An internet monitoring company, SR7, says it is been employed by some private high schools around Australia to keep track of students' social media activity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Why does some news org care that private citizens may monitor their underage kids and remind them of some other news organizations illegally hacking kids phones.

Hyprocisy is all around us, infact we are all hypocrits.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If this was deemed successful in the private sector,it could easily be adopted to the public system.
Couple social activities/sporting activities etc with academic records www.naplan.edu.au...
and we can start developing a profile from an early age.

I wonder where www.unesco.org... stand on this?
www.dfat.gov.au...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hyprocisy is all around us, infact we are all hypocrits.

Speak for yourself.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.

I think most of us can admit to being hypocrits at some point in our lives, myself included

But there is nothing more hypocritical than the news media.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.

I think most of us can admit to being hypocrits at some point in our lives, myself included

Yes but it is none of their business what a private school does and at this pont after the hacking, by their fellow new hounds, of a missing kids cell phone then they should keep their opinions to themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.

Yes but it is none of their business what a private school does and at this pont after the hacking, by their fellow new hounds, of a missing kids cell phone then they should keep their opinions to themselves.

Are you talking about the news media now or what a private company (school) can do?

If it is the media then yes they have limitations on what they can do morally and legally (here or anywhere at different levels) but if you mean a private company can do as they please to their "employees" / "customers / students". Then wrong again ( even VERY wrong here but in Australia, I have no idea).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The Director-General of UNESCO has designated National Archives of Australia (NAA) as the laureate of the 2011 UNESCO/Jikji Memory of the World Prize for its work, which includes publications, and innovative initiatives in the preservation of digital records.

www.dfat.gov.au...

This is what iam getting at, Data,records,profile building.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First of all, these are children and I have direct responsibility of my daughter, the content she sees on TV and the internet. Children do not have all the same rights as adults. If these children are living at the school facility, I would want them to regulate them as I would also.
Most companies regulate their internet use of employees and can be fired for their extracurricular activity.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
First of all, these are children and I have direct responsibility of my daughter, the content she sees on TV and the internet. Children do not have all the same rights as adults. If these children are living at the school facility, I would want them to regulate them as I would also.
Most companies regulate their internet use of employees and can be fired for their extracurricular activity.

You are in America right? I have no idea what rights you have there, I would assume none but hey

You would find yourself having problems with HR here if you want to be a nazi on your employees.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join