It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six weightlifters to be banned, Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

August 19, 2004
SIX weightlifters entered for the Olympics failed drugs tests before the Games and will be stopped from taking part, officals said today.

The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) will lift the lid on the latest scandal to hit the sport within the next 24 hours.

"We are preparing a statement," said Australian Sam Coffa, an IWF delegate who is president of the jury at the Games. "I cannot confirm details but if there are any cheats I am happy if we catch them and throw them out of the Games."

news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
wonder what they tested for.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They could have been tested for anything from steroids to tylenol. The tests are very sensitive.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
wonder what they tested for.

Hello...especially the women - they have obviously taken steroids. Normal people can't be that big.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the IOC of 2004 much more adept at catching dopers? I don't recall an olympics with more talk of banning athletes than this year's games. Good for the IOC. How else are we to know if the human body has limitless or limited natural potential unless you have clean athletes working to try to break records?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What about that girl who lost her medal last summer games because of taking a like a sudafed? That seemed a little over the top as far as how strict they have become, but I guess rules are rules.

new topics

top topics

join