It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Arrests man for filming them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I dont agree with TSA most of the time, but this time i do,,,,,,, as, dont you or i have to give permission if you want our image photographed or recorded.
Or can any bugger film me when they want? Answer, NO they cant.
Im positive i just cant go around filming beautiful women anytime i see one, public place or not. So why do most of you think this is right when filming a person that works for TSA. Is it because its an TSA agent????
You wouldn't like your privacy envaded yet you condone this.
You are nothing but hypocrytes

edit on 13-8-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

Originally posted by USAisdevil
USA is a dictatorship now .no doubts

Land of decree. Home of the slave.

You need to Patent that.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Watch the beginning of the video again, he first refused to show I.D. Also the agents were not being out of line at all, in my opinion. It appeared to me that if the guy would have put the camera down, the cop would have shown up, they were going to check on the law about recording and most likely the guy could have gone on about his business.

Besides what ever happened to complying with an officer's requests? You'll get in more trouble my not complying. If you haven't broken the law, you'll be sent on your way. Too many people wanting to stand up to the man these days and only getting themselves in more crap. It's silly I say.

Another thing everyone knows the importance of airport security these days. Just don't go looking to make a point about a law or something. There are other ways to make your point and take a stand.

I say the TSA agents acted appropriately and so did the police once they showed up on scene.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
The TSA seems to have a strange problem following their own rules and regulations... Of course, this is typical with sec-men.

TSA does not prohibit the public, passengers or press from photographing, videotaping or filming at security checkpoints, as long as the screening process is not interfered with or slowed down. We do ask you to not film or take pictures of the monitors. While the TSA does not prohibit photographs at screening locations, local laws, state statutes, or local ordinances might.

www.tsa.gov...

This seems to be the definitive answer.
But just because it's legal doesn't mean they won't haul you off. That's the American way, yes?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
I dont agree with TSA most of the time, but this time i do,,,,,,, as, dont you or i have to give permission if you want our image photographed or recorded.
Or can any bugger film me when they want? Answer, NO they cant.
Im positive i just cant go around filming beautiful women anytime i see one, public place or not. So why do most of you think this is right when filming a person that works for TSA. Is it because its an TSA agent????
You wouldn't like your privacy envaded yet you condone this.
You are nothing but hypocrytes

If a woman was going around touching other peoples children then you could video tape it. The TSA don't just go about their day standing at a checkpoint, they touch people that would rather not be touched. If we are so interested in equality and not being hypocrites then cops and the TSA should allow people to feel their private parts every time they walk by them, it would make everybody feel safer if that was reality. Wait...what's that, all of a sudden you don't think everybody should be treated all the same...right. I mean the terrorist in Norway did dress up like a cop, how do we know that we are safe from terrorism unless cops and TSA agents all get felt up? That's the only way we can know for sure if they are trying to kill us or not. At the very least the responsible thing to do is shove a camera right in their faces all day long.
edit on 13-8-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom
If a woman was going around touching other peoples children then you could video tape it.

Well it wasn't a women, nore was there any children involved, so your post is already off topic.

The TSA don't just go about their day standing at a checkpoint, they touch people that would rather not be touched.

Well if that is the case, sue them for molesting you and then dont fly

If we are so interested in equality and not being hypocrites then cops and the TSA should allow people to feel their private parts every time they walk by them, it would make everybody feel safer if that was reality.
Your statement and reasoning is a little bit warped

Wait...what's that, all of a sudden you don't think everybody should be treated all the same...right.
WTF are you smoking, I said i dont usually agree with TSA, but this time i did.

I mean the terrorist in Norway did dress up like a cop, how do we know that we are safe from terrorism unless cops and TSA agents all get felt up?
Again WTF are you on about??????????????

That's the only way we can know for sure if they are trying to kill us or not.

Paraniod much??????????????????

At the very least the responsible thing to do is shove a camera right in their faces all day long.

What ever helps you sleep at night i guess.

ETA
I work in security, two weeks ago i was working at a rugby league match in australia, we spotted a man recording footage of the children in the stadium.
Luckily for him, he actually had permission to film in this area and film these kids.
But do you know what me and my work mates would have done to this man if he didn't have ID and didnt have permission to film them. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The beating that this man would have received would have made a thread of its own.

So the man filming this footage is lucky that his arrest is the worse that he got

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't know about any of you, but that got me pisssssssed. Like, i'm coming up to a point of no return here, boys.
What's our collective breaking point? I just felt mine budge a little.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
good luck doing anything about the gestapo tsa governement union!!!

need i say more?

when people get arrested for filming cops or the tsa where the hell has freedom gone in this country.

those who trade liberty for security deserve neither.

zeig heil fascist nazis

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

It's a tort or civil wrong. Generally it means the intentional intrusion into the private life or affairs of another person. If you violate someone's right to privacy and cause injury, that person is entitled to sue you to recover damages.

Tort or civil actions mean that the police - such as the TSA - do not get involved.

Look that up as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
ETA
I work in security, two weeks ago i was working at a rugby league match in australia, we spotted a man recording footage of the children in the stadium.
Luckily for him, he actually had permission to film in this area and film these kids.
But do you know what me and my work mates would have done to this man if he didn't have ID and didnt have permission to film them. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The beating that this man would have received would have made a thread of its own.

So the man filming this footage is lucky that his arrest is the worse that he got

Well, that's a comforting description. Security people willing to play judge, jury and executioner instead of abiding by by the law's due process.

Please quit your security job before you actually hurt someone - that doesn't deserve it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

ETA I work in security, two weeks ago i was working at a rugby league match in australia, we spotted a man recording footage of the children in the stadium. Luckily for him, he actually had permission to film in this area and film these kids. But do you know what me and my work mates would have done to this man if he didn't have ID and didnt have permission to film them. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The beating that this man would have received would have made a thread of its own. So the man filming this footage is lucky that his arrest is the worse that he got

Quit your job right now. This belongs in a separate topic within itself. It's none of your business what that man was doing recording kids in a public place. It wasn't like he was near them or the kids were in a expossing situation. I can go to a play ground a record kids if I want. Hell those kids may have been his kids. You and your co-workings are bad security guards. You are the problem.

Edit: I actually probably can't. But Legally you should be able to record whoever you want.
edit on 8/13/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

*workers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join