It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts on these new Jay Z lyrics????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi All

I know you alot of people have thoughts on Jay Z and his ellite connections and also his links to masons and so on... listening to his new album i could not help hear a lyric that pointed towards this and also maybe linked to 2012.... see what you all think, feedback and thoughts welcome? real talk or just hype to get people talking and records sold???

Track: murder_to_excellence
lyrics:

2:04 "And they say by 21 I was supposed to die
So I'm out here celebrating my post-demise"

Now if you listen to the track i cant help but think it sounds like "on december 21 im supposed to die!"

Also

"I stink of success, the new black elite
They say my Black Card bears the mark of the beast
I repeat: my religion is the beat
My verse is like church, my Jesus piece"

youtu.be...

Sorry in advance if embed dont work not done it before.

edit on 13-8-2011 by TheOdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think you are really reaching there...

While there is some speculation about him being part of the elite, the lyrics you mentioned don't seem to have much to do with that.

The Black Card reference is to an American Express Black Card, which should be a conspiracy of its own. It's basically a card that has unlimited benefits. You can call and ask for whatever you want and they get it for you. It is an invitation only card and the membership fee per year is somewhere around 25k.

Anyway, I think there is more hidden in the album cover art.

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Jay z has a thick new York accent. Dead by 21 one is a reference to the average life expectancy of a young black male in the ghetto.

The real conspiracy here is the pipe dreams he sells to black youth about all the money he is able to blow. Instead of core values.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Im pretty sure he's talking about the statistics Of young inner city males being killed at age 21 because of their lifestyle in the 80's and 90's. But that second lyric is a little fishy going on about the beast and such.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
he's got links, its obvious..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOdogg

nothing personal, but most of the music today suck - black, white green or yellow people, no matter - most of them are either out of ideas or idiots

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOdogg

I empathize with the black community. Instead of Malcom X, MLK or TuPac setting an example of a prosperous lifestyle, today they have jerkoffs like Jay Z, Kanye West and Lil wayne. It seems like in the black community moreso than the white, you don't just get ostracized when you speak of healthy progression, you get lit the # up.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I my self am a massive jay z fan, for a number of reasons, when i read the lyrics i could hear both december 21st and dead by 21st, I tottally get the link to the average black age of 21 and so on, i was simply interested to see if it was just me that first heard december 21.... also was a chance to share a good track. thanks for all post back, maybe it will start some discussion on the issues raised in the track.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My thoughts on all Jay Z lyrics: GARBAGE

That is all.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hear so much about jay z conspiracy theories, that he has all this power and creative excellence from deals with the masons and the devil himself. Along with the backwards message argument that gose back to the 70s.

I have two things to point out in my opinion. First what jay z is really good at is recycling old hit songs and making money off them. He finds a hook from a hit song that was big 10 or 20 years ago. Pays the original artist a publishing fee, and writes a rap over it. It's a garenteed money maker. You know it's going to sell because it's already been proven. Further more his raps really aren't that good, nothing original or interesting. If anything I think kanye or eminem do way better raps.

2nd if an artist sold their soul to Satan or the illuminati for global power and success, I would expect beatle success. The kind of fame that is inescapable. Don't get me wrong jay z is huge and known all over the world but his music and influence are very defined and narrow. It's not like your hearing the musaqu version on anything of his in a department store elevator....unless it's some older hit song he's used as vehicle.

In conclusion, the music just isn't good enough to be sold my soul to Satan kind of music. Id buy led zep myth before I buy jay z...and no I don't rely think led zep sold their souls either, but if they did, they got a much better deal. I don't think we'll be listening to jay z 30 years from now the way we still listen to beatles now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper
I hear so much about jay z conspiracy theories, that he has all this power and creative excellence from deals with the masons and the devil himself. Along with the backwards message argument that gose back to the 70s.

I have two things to point out in my opinion. First what jay z is really good at is recycling old hit songs and making money off them. He finds a hook from a hit song that was big 10 or 20 years ago. Pays the original artist a publishing fee, and writes a rap over it. It's a garenteed money maker. You know it's going to sell because it's already been proven. Further more his raps really aren't that good, nothing original or interesting. If anything I think kanye or eminem do way better raps.

2nd if an artist sold their soul to Satan or the illuminati for global power and success, I would expect beatle success. The kind of fame that is inescapable. Don't get me wrong jay z is huge and known all over the world but his music and influence are very defined and narrow. It's not like your hearing the musaqu version on anything of his in a department store elevator....unless it's some older hit song he's used as vehicle.

In conclusion, the music just isn't good enough to be sold my soul to Satan kind of music. Id buy led zep myth before I buy jay z...and no I don't rely think led zep sold their souls either, but if they did, they got a much better deal. I don't think we'll be listening to jay z 30 years from now the way we still listen to beatles now.

While I get what you're saying... I don't think that the level of success or fame is necessarily a good barometer for how deep someone is in with the devil. I dont think that, just because you sell your soul to the devil, that he is suddenly going to be a fair businessmen. That's kinda the point is that he rips you off. And I think jayz would be more than happy with the deal he got, if that's what he did. But look at guys like Charles manson. I guess he Really got a bad deal Haha. Or maybe he breached his contract with Satan and that's why he got the bum deal... I know we don't know if Charlie made a deal with the devil, but just as an example, there has to be some people locked up in prison who made a deal with the devil, like some psycho killers... So, not everyone gets the best deal. Sudden success can be an indicator but I think first we should look at their actions. Like putting up hand symbols and having symbolic references in videos and album art and stuff like that. Also, listen to what they say. For example, jayz has been confronted by interviewers about the Illuminati thing. Listen to his response.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

I have heard jay z interviews in regards to this stuff and have seen him and other artist do the symbols. I think what we are seeing is smart marketing and nothing more. Of course jay z is aware of all this talk, he can't not be, and as we know any publicity is good publicity. As long as people are talking and guessing about you then you are in the public eye, never mind the pun.

I go back to led zep who was thought to have sold their souls for fame. They basically borrowed fro the Robert Johnson myth along with his music. I once saw an interview where Robert plant was asked about those rumors in the 70s. He said every so often a magazine would ask if their was something supernatural in their success. He said what they would do when asked those questions was to simply not give an answer. In doing so the public would speculate even more about what was behind their success.

I think this is exactly what jay z is doing. Along with ripping off past musical hooks he is also using past marketing hooks. Jay z is a brilliant businessman, but their is nothing supernatural about him or his work.

Going back to Robert Johnson, who is where all these myths began. At least when you hear those old scratchy recordings you can hear brilliant music. He does do things that seem almost impossible on the guitar. He was able to play both rhythm and melody at the same time. That is almost supernatural, not even Clapton can do that. When you look at the Robert Johnson story if he was in a satanic pact he got ripped of with a short life span, but the music persist even today, literally almost 100 years from his death. That is a myth I could believe.

However in the end I think all of these stories are just that. Stories, or myths put in place to further the reputation and sales of the artist. It makes them more exciting, superhuman when the audience believes there is something sinister and superhuman about them.

new topics

top topics

join