It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri MUFON Member reports UFO five miles long

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Thank you so much on that informative post. Very much appreciated in the time you put into it.

I was very curious on it due to being asked myself and also seeing a few post where people have asked other posters. I can understand when you have reference to things on the ground giving a slight idea of distance but the sky sightings really had me Baffled.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A 5mile craft unseen by everyone else, don't you just hate it when that happens..

Contrary to Men in Black, the Examiner / Inquirer isn't a reliable source for anything

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
In this day and age, with practically everyone having cell phones you would think at least one pic or video was made, the article itself is a bit anemic, by far not the posters fault, I looked around the webs to see if anything had been posted, nothing so far, Here is hoping someone comes forward with some visual evidence. If it was that huge and around for that long you figure at least on pic was snapped somewhere, come on witnesses!!! way to watch the data man

HAHAHA

have you ever tried to use a smartphone in a hurry with your hands shaking from adrenelin?

It is bloody fiddly enough even to dial a number that isnt on a memory preset nevermind fund then launch the photo / video recorder app.

You are better off carrying a tiny compact digital camera around that fits in your pocket than a stupid smartphone camera.

edit on 14-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

And no evidence left? No physical evidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by Connman

Without having a laser range finder or radar, we have to first assume that the observer is somewhat practiced in making observations. In this instance, similar to a pilot, let's give the Mufon investigator the benefit of the doubt.

No, you have that all backwards. Pilots are trained to identify airplanes and distances. This observer was not, and should be assumed to be accurate. If you're gonna be methodical about a (probably bogus siting, can't believe no one else in the entire city saw a giant craft
) at least do it right.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I would take the MUFON's observational skills over your lack of UFO/Alien investigation any day...

Didn't I already mention that in a previous post?

Oh no that's right. I said I think Freeman Dyson's opinions and life's work counts for a hell of a lot more work than some guy who can't match obvious pattern's up while reading about a multitude of subject matters...including UFOs/Aliens.

That's my final response to you adeclerk. Enjoy your stay on ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

UFO/alien investigators are okay with the glaring discrepancies and lack of evidence in their fields, however, I will never be in that camp. If ET was visiting Earth, it would be easy to prove. All it would take is one piece of evidence in the last 60+ years of sightings, just one piece of evidence. Where is that evidence, again?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

You're welcome.

You'd be surprised how good people can get with practice. Take Michael Jordan for example.

I'm not saying the MUFON person saw an alien mothership. And I'm not saying they didn't. Furthermore, without topographical data or more precise witness testimony, we can't really infer a lot more.

It would be cool if more accounts surfaced and it turned into an O'Hare (2006) deal. I'm probably just dreaming though. And perhaps the MUFON witness was too.

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that WE are the ones who are expected to prove ourselves to the universe. NOT the other way around.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Im guessing that a Mufon investigator probably wouldn't put their integrity on the line and just make up a bogus report. The fact that there are a few other reports seem to help support their sighting if one actually read the whole article.

As far as a whole city not noticing something that big in the sky, Im really not surprised. I mean if you think about it, how many people you run across still to this day, that have no idea what a chemtrail is? How often you do see people actually walking around looking up? A lot walk with their heads down or looking straight ahead. How many do you see that are just to busy yacking on their cell phones or texting?

Then you have the ones that may have seen something,but no way are they going to mention it for fear of ridicule, or perhaps they just arent as computer literate as some of us folks here at ATS.

Plus one has to keep in mind that this seemed to only last for a few seconds, or it blinked in and out. I would think that would narrow down the chance of more people sighting it even more.

Granted the 5 mile diameter may be a bit off, hard to judge I would guess in a moment of surprise, as you are seeing something to begin with when you aren't expecting too.

The fact that military presence in the sky and commercial flight acting erratically is also curious. Adds a bit more credence in my book anyway.

Hopefully a video will appear soon, but then it probably will on you tube and we all know how that will rate around here. sigh. There may very well be people telling their friends they saw the strangest thing in the sky that day and their friends are laughing at them as we all respond to this.

One other thing I am curious about is if peoples animals were acting weird that day. Seems I recall someone from that area posted on Stealthy Kats thread about it. Im going back to look and see how the time range works there.

So, this is my humble opinion on all this. Nice catch OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ha, I live in Missouri, and I am not surprised to a reported siting like this. Mufon is holding back report from the last few weeks. No one knows why.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by covert1

You have any more details on what they are holding back on? Like the story or whatever?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

And no evidence left? No physical evidence?

Yes no physical evidence. Now, can you explain the sighting? Or are you just as stumped as skeptics like Phillip Klass and others.
edit on 14-8-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
In this day and age, with practically everyone having cell phones you would think at least one pic or video was made, the article itself is a bit anemic, by far not the posters fault, I looked around the webs to see if anything had been posted, nothing so far, Here is hoping someone comes forward with some visual evidence. If it was that huge and around for that long you figure at least on pic was snapped somewhere, come on witnesses!!! way to watch the data man

Im sure ET has cloaking technology well developed,were getting there.
www.youtube.com...

why would ET's on observational recon let themselves be visible,if they did they should get ET's equivelent of a court martial,or maybe 7 years imprisonment in a humans body

However not all are craft,some are entitys that are visable

edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: insertion

edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

yep.. you didn't read the article huh !

wow.. just wow.. a cloud .. ???

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marlowhaynes
Um. Has anyone heard about UFO sightings/abductions in Warren PA? www.themortonreport.com...

Not till you just mentioned it.. i haven't see anything on the forums. The lady sounds so cute in the interview and her dog .. Ben.. awwwwww..

Yea.. aliens definitely sound Malevolent in this article LOL..

/cheers!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
One thing about aliens that everyone needs to know,......... Aliens do not think like humans.

Why do they hide because they are alien and think like aliens.

The way humans and earth people think are programmed at birth. Aliens exist on whole other worlds, brought up from birth to act like an alien.

Aliens act the way they do because they are alien. Alien in every sense of the word. What we might think as some crazy action from aliens might be a basic function to them.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ets cloak themselves and their ships through vibrational energies. Everything vibrates on somekind of level this is what separates us on the 3rd dimension from those on the 4th. If a ufo or et has a higher vibrational frequency than the 3rd dimensional, then they would be invisible to us on the 3rd. This is how ufos hide, just a simple vibrancy shift and they disappear before the average persons eyes just like that.
edit on 14-8-2011 by covert1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Something that big, high in the sky, would be seen for like 80 miles around. It's like not being able to see Mt. Rainer, or something. I seriously doubt it could hide from that many cell cameras. I am willing to bet that if they saw anything it was a cloud formation.
edit on 8/14/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Plenty of reports coming out of Kansas at the moment.

Sadly many of the witnesses all wish they had taken pictures.....I wish they had also

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ha, that's my friends up there in the sky
And I am so completely proud to know them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join