It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri MUFON Member reports UFO five miles long

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a puffy ship.
Like those blow fish in the water.
Or the ET found new elements in the universe to build 5 mile ships with.
This sounds like a UFO town with the normal refractive index messed up
with radiation and highly pulsed voltage surrounding the floating city.
So this is the best cover of the Tesla ship yet, a town right out in the open
when it decides to land.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Um. Has anyone heard about UFO sightings/abductions in Warren PA? www.themortonreport.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have been a member of MUFON for about 3 yrs. As far as the "Examiner" is concerned they report most statements/sighting from the MUFON database.

I had a sighting a few years back that was seen by about 20 others, and made it to the Examiner. The story was accurate and word for word, or what myself, and others saw, including the amount of calls/reports on MUFON, and to the authorities.

I cant say that everything from there is real, but I give them a bit more credit after that.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
VOC Cloud.

Ever see someone spray alot of paint on something and a cloud gets created above them?

5 miles wide.....could be a methane cloud from steers.

Ever seen a methane cloud occur over a large number of cows?

I have.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Ok got a question on seeing questions asked all the time and the statement from this witness claiming the size.

How possibly can size be determined?

Take the military cargo planes for instance. Stand next to one they are really big. Watch one fly over they don`t seem to be so big. So just how do you judge size unless you actually know how far the thing is from you?

It says the witness was just estimating. But your right, and if it were really five miles in diameter wouldn't anyone else see it?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Err... did you read the article?

"I saw a huge, disc-shaped, dull gray metallic object hovering at what looked like the north half of downtown Kansas City directly to my west and slightly north," the witness stated. "You can see the Kansas City skyline clearly from the high hill I was driving on."

"The object did not move and I saw it clearly for two to three seconds, which was long enough to know I saw something. It was a disk shape, with flat sides, and a domed top. I could not see any details or lights. I estimate the size to be 5 miles wide."

Key words being that she was operating a motor vehicle. And the object was only visible to her eye for 2-3 seconds... How is she supposed to get a picture considering the logistics of the situation?

As for the UFO she saw when she was holding her camera phone...
All I can say is that camera phones (even the best ones) suck! We saw some odd lights this 4th of July that didn't look like standard fireworks.. My friends have the best phones and work for cell phone company. What they captured on the phone didn't do what we saw justice. And no I'm not saying I saw alien ships on the 4th. I'm saying I saw some odd lights that made everyone gasp and cameras generally suck unless you spend like 4+ grand on them.

On another note, I am currently working on a scaling project where I take reports of "gigantic UFOs" and see how big they'd look like next to known terrestrial objects. Hopefully I'll keep going with it and post "size comparison pics" in a thread here on ATS.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I don't think many people can even fathom how large a 5-mile-diamater disc would be. That would be seen by thousands of people in many surrounding towns.

Oh, and the "Examiner" is a tabloid. Not in the least a credible news source of anything factual.

i agree, kansas city's whole downtown area is less than a mile wide itself, if something 5 miles wide was hovering over the north end, it would have stretched across the river and into north kansas city, and theres NO WAY IN HELL everyone living there wouldnt have been able to see.
i would imagine all the people on the bridges would have crashed into each other, the people in the skyscrapers(there are few so their view is unobstructed) would have seen it... it would have been pandemonium.

FIVE MILES?

no way.
=

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

You are forgetting one aspect that might explain a lot.

Quantum Mechanics. If there is a 5th dimension that is one of thought and not physicality...

Then perhaps "aliens" can "allow" one human to see something that another human being cannot. We are all connected. And perhaps more so than we even realize...

Cheers,
SJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You had me until I saw "examiner.com".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Quantum Mechanics. If there is a 5th dimension that is one of thought and not physicality...

Well no, thoughts are actually just electrical impulses, so they couldn't exist in a supposed "5th dimension".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

That's interesting that thoughts are just electrical impulses....

Perhaps what you meant was that the EM impulses in your brain somehow tap into consciousness which is more fundamental than we realize at this juncture in our development.

There are plenty of works of literature out there which point to consciousness not being entirely localized in your brain.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That would be a rather impressive shadow that it would cast... if it were low enough it could darken a whole town! I'm surprised the examiner didn't report that it did!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That's interesting that thoughts are just electrical impulses....

Biology is pretty amazing.

Perhaps what you meant was that the EM impulses in your brain somehow tap into consciousness which is more fundamental than we realize at this juncture in our development.

No, thoughts are merely electro-chemical potentials. We KNOW this, it is fact. What you are saying here is utter nonsense supported by nothing.

There are plenty of works of literature out there which point to consciousness not being entirely localized in your brain.

There are plenty of works of literature about fairies and angry gods. They are just that, literature. You might want to read up a little on how neurons work, it's hardly a mystery.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I don't think many people can even fathom how large a 5-mile-diamater disc would be. That would be seen by thousands of people in many surrounding towns.

Oh, and the "Examiner" is a tabloid. Not in the least a credible news source of anything factual.

What he said. It would be something like out of ID4 and I am not even sure those were 5 miles long.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ok adeclerk... if that's what you want to believe. I'm not sure if you have ever heard of Freeman Dyson? I'm assuming you have.

The laws of subatomic physics cannot even be formulated without some reference to the observer. "Chance" cannot be defined except as a measure of the observer's ignorance of the future. The laws leave a place for mind in the description for every molecule....I think consciousness is not just a passive epiphenomenon carried along by the chemical events in your brain, but is an active agent forcing the molecular complexes to make choices between one quantum state and another. In other words, mind is already inherent in every electron, and the process of human consciousness differ only in degree but not in kind from the processes of choice betweeen quantum states which we call "chance" when they are made by electrons.

Source

I'll read up more on neurons if you read up more on aliens/ufos.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I've done plenty of research on UFOs and noticed a disturbing lack of any kind of evidence linking them to extraterrestrials. Dr. Seuss honestly sounds more credible than some of these ufo truthers.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I've done plenty of research on UFOs and noticed a disturbing lack of any kind of evidence linking them to extraterrestrials. Dr. Seuss honestly sounds more credible than some of these ufo truthers.

Well anyways, I've offered one explanation as to why one person may see a "UFO" and other person not.

You may disagree with me. And you might disagree with Freeman Dyson.

But I'll take his credentials and metaphysical thoughts over someone online who IMHO has clearly missed some serious patterns in his UFO research.

To each their own I suppose.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Dr. Seuss is more credible than some.

But other evidence, rare as it may be, proves the existance of ET's.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

One of my favorite cases. 1976 Tehran UFO.

If people think that intelligent beings come all this way to leave a beer can lying around so we can analyze it, then perhaps it's their own fear of not being up to the challenge of the universe.

And judging the state of our own civilization (which we do have plenty of proof of), there's ample evidence to suggest that our struggles with this phenomenon are directly related to our own ignorance about a great many things.

Maybe if our society valued love and education more-- and keeping up with the Joneses less, we'd all be a lot wiser right about now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Without having a laser range finder or radar, we have to first assume that the observer is somewhat practiced in making observations. In this instance, similar to a pilot, let's give the Mufon investigator the benefit of the doubt.

Let's look at an example of estimating objects at distance:

Let's say I'm flying a plane over "city X," and I know my altitude. I look off to my left and see "city Z" in the distance. Now city Z's (approximate) circumference is well known (i.e. 3 miles from one end of town to the other). Also, the distance from city X to city Z is a well known fact. What do I have at this point? A right triangle, of which their nature is well known.

The only distance you need can be calculated by squaring the two known distances and adding them together and then taking the square root of that. Now you know how far you are from the object (in this case city Z) and how big the object is (roughly 3 miles).

(This was the hard way of going about this. If I'm flying a plane and I see another plane in the sky, my instruments might tell me how far the other plane is. Once I know the make/model of the plane...for example a Boeing 747 is roughly 230 feet long..... then I can also have an idea of what an object looks like at what distance)

At this point all I have to do is extend my arm from my body (I can use the consistency of my arm length to effectively scale) to get an idea of how big the object (City Z or a 747) is at arm's length.

Let's say at arm's length, the 747 appears to be 1/2 the size of your pinky's fingernail at "X distance" away. As the years roll by humans can become great observers... especially if they become accustomed to seeing objects at distance with few reference points to work with. Thus if you see an unknown object in the sky which you estimate to be a familiar "distance X," and it appears to be 1/2 as long as your pinky.... well then you automatically know it's MUCH larger than a 747! (which was only 1/2 as long as your pinky's nail)

I suppose the bottom line is that without some technological device, it comes down to trusted observation. That's where being a "pro" comes in handy. Repetition will give one pretty good observational skills.

In this special case, judging by witness location, and the location of Kansas City-- I would say that either it was hovering over KC (like they said) or perhaps slightly closer. If the object was positioned farther to the NW of Kasas City, then this apparently "huge object" was even larger than the estimation! The only way it could be smaller, is if it was closer to their location (23rd and Noland).

Now, the witness was at a distance of approximately 10 miles from this UFO (see pic below). If the UFO was a MUCH smaller object that was MUCH closer... well at a certain point it would be obvious that the UFO was smaller and closer. But let's say the object was not hovering over the KC downtown, but was between their location and the downtown core area. For the sake of argument let's say the object was hovering over the NORTH INDIAN MOUND (see google maps). In order for the UFO to give the illusion of a massive object (miles long) hovering over dowtown... it would still be HAVE to be hundreds of feet long. Perhaps even thousands! Much larger than a 747.

I'm not saying she saw an other-worldly mothership. But reports of others seeing UFO(s) and odd military maneuvers in the area certainly strengthen the case.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d465b82e2d32.jpg[/atsimg]

The pic gives one an idea of how big a 2 mile disc would be over KC. To imagine a 5 mile disc, it would be (obviously) 2 1/2 times as big.

-SJ76

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join