It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri MUFON Member reports UFO five miles long

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A Missouri MUFON member reported seeing a giant disk five miles in diameter.

It is reported to be gray or silver with flat sides and a domed top.

Read the rest here

www.examiner.com...
edit on 13-8-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: Typo edit

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
In this day and age, with practically everyone having cell phones you would think at least one pic or video was made, the article itself is a bit anemic, by far not the posters fault, I looked around the webs to see if anything had been posted, nothing so far, Here is hoping someone comes forward with some visual evidence. If it was that huge and around for that long you figure at least on pic was snapped somewhere, come on witnesses!!! way to watch the data man

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Thank you for the kind words, it does seem a little suspicious that no pictures were taken, especially coming from a MUFON member, you'd think they'd have camera's everywhere.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
In this day and age, with practically everyone having cell phones you would think at least one pic or video was made, the article itself is a bit anemic, by far not the posters fault, I looked around the webs to see if anything had been posted, nothing so far, Here is hoping someone comes forward with some visual evidence. If it was that huge and around for that long you figure at least on pic was snapped somewhere, come on witnesses!!! way to watch the data man

If the thing could just disappear do you think it would be photograph-able?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I tried looking this up on mufon.com but I can't access the database

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth

Thank you for the kind words, it does seem a little suspicious that no pictures were taken, especially coming from a MUFON member, you'd think they'd have camera's everywhere.

Yep. Not your fault. I have to take issue with a "MUFON Investigator" that doesn't have a camera at all times. That is no excuse for anyone in this day and age.

Like the saying goes: Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ok got a question on seeing questions asked all the time and the statement from this witness claiming the size.

How possibly can size be determined?

Take the military cargo planes for instance. Stand next to one they are really big. Watch one fly over they don`t seem to be so big. So just how do you judge size unless you actually know how far the thing is from you?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think many people can even fathom how large a 5-mile-diamater disc would be. That would be seen by thousands of people in many surrounding towns.

Oh, and the "Examiner" is a tabloid. Not in the least a credible news source of anything factual.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Yes! Why wouldnt it be photographable?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

UFO sightings have been more frequent as of late, I wonder what's going down.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A Missouri MUFON member reported seeing a giant disk five miles in diameter.

So let me get this straight...
After reading the article, we have the situation that at 4:20pm on August 7th, a ufo **FIVE MILES WIDE** was hovering over a major city in the USA, and only ONE person noticed.

This follows a sighting earlier in the day of the **FIVE MILES WIDE** ufo at 12:30pm, where only ONE person noticed (before showing two others).

Not a very observant lot in Kansas City, I must say.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Very strange, indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Yes! Why wouldnt it be photographable?

Any number of ET reasons, sure I read somewhere that a portion of UFOs are only visible under infra-red or something.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yes....I also think a member of (MUFON) would have some sort of camera with them at all times....to me without a video or picture.....to validate such an important viewing....well...it is just too iffy. Supposedly this person is with (MUFON)....just where is the credibility?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wait, this was over a major city, and NOONE saw this?
i soooooo call BS on this
MUFON is starting to seriously fail as of late

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

UFO sightings have been more frequent as of late, I wonder what's going down.

Perhaps....the sightings in question are (man made right here on earth)....and just perhaps they are trying to get us ready for a great deception....here is the link.

bardofely.hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I dunno... I would think a freaking 5 MILE WIDE disc over a downtown metropolitan area wouldbe noticed by hundreds, if not thousands of people! What is interesting about her entire account is that she was the only person to see, hear or experience any of this. This sounds like a psychosis, not a sighting.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

While the answer is obvious, of course you couldn't photograph it if it is able to disappear at will, however it hung over the event area for a bit i am gathering from the report, and unless it is a vampire UFO
I imagine it would be able to be photographed, it may have the D&D ability Blink: www.dandwiki.com...:Blink:
So either someone needed to print something this month or we will see evidence pop up over the next few days, although the longer it takes from event date the more skeptical I will be.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Lenticular clouds, technically known as altocumulus standing lenticularis, are stationary lens-shaped clouds that form at high altitudes, normally aligned at right-angles to the wind direction.

Just a notion to also consider.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
To paraphrase a typical response to a questionable tale on ATS:

If it's not in the MUFON database, it didn't happen.
(And even then, maybe not.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join