It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Want to Require License to Drive Farm Vehicles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Driving your own property, on your own land, rarely should have any regulations.

Driving your property, on government land, government regulations are understandable.

I'd agree a license should be needed for public roads, but for farming use, that's ridiculous.

~
The non-driving farmers, are gonna have to learn to drive cars they never use, and pass a test on something they don't need to be good at, so they can use something they already can use well.

It makes no sense, it hinders small business, and it's not gonna benefit anyone(besides(barely) the state).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
With the US unable to buy Saudi Oil anymore.....the real reason is small farmers will be pushed back to using horses again...

Only Corporate Farms will be able to afford oil to run farm implements with tractors.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It's so annoying, they never pull over and let you go around and they drive soooo slow. Perhaps licensing them and requiring them to get some education about the rules of the road would be a good thing.

I drive a tractor 12-14 hours a day on the state highways, mowing the right-of-ways. Most all tractors at full speed wide open only go 25 MPH. I have seen numerous idiots driving cars and trucks that need to learn the "Rules of the Road".

I deal with these idiots on a daily basis. They cant wait 2 minutes for me to mow around a curve and see if it is safe to pass before they pass. Ive had dump-trucks, Semi-trucks, and cars come flying around me on blind curves and hills, not knowing if someone was coming the other way or not. I see several close head-on scenarios daily. One of these days, I know I will see someone get killed because nobody has any kind of patience in this fast paced world.

I dont think the family farm needs any kind of CDL to drive a tractor. Thats government control. In my job, I dont see a problem with it.

Since I deal with impatient idiots all day long, when I am traveling from one road to another, I used to pull over and let everyone pass, but not now. People are crazy behind the wheel of their vehicles when it comes to the road. Every day I wake up and wonder if I will live through the day or if this will be the day that some idiot hits me and kills me because they have to get to McDonalds or wherever they are going in such a hurry. I stay on the road no matter how long of a line of cars that get behind me. They risk my life all day with the way they drive, so this is one way I can get them back and make them drive really slow.

In my job the tractor has the right-of-way. It doesnt matter if it is my fault that you hit me, it will be ruled that it was your fault, because I always, in all cases, have the right-of-way. Think about that when you come up on people mowing the state roads, and pass with extreme caution..

So make me get a CDL..its all good, but leave the family farms alone...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The reason behind this is simple. A lot of farmers drive their equipment on roads and highways. I have to have a license to drive on roads so why shouldn't they? Anyway getting a cdl isn't hard in my state you just have to take a written test and a easy one at that.

I see where you are coming from, but... US truck drivers must have a CDL, and now Farmers. But truck drivers from Mexico can roll right in without CDLs. Oh you're a US citizen? Here is your penance. All this is about is making it difficult for the Farmers to make their land pay off.

Thank you Monsanto. We are so glad that we let you guys give as much as you want to election campaigns. Why didn't you help your buddies out? Oh, too busy suing them for accidental polination of a plant they wanted nothing to do with.

This whole country has lost it's mind!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Maybe it's a way to tell how many farmers we have and where they are located. I smell another conspiracy :p maybe they want to mobilize troops but need to know where farmland is so they can easily get food.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by susej

You already MUST register your farm and get a number, like a social security number, for each parcel of land you own (in case you accidentally make enough of a profit to actually expand).

IF you get a farm loan, they tell you what to grow and how much you're allowed to plant.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
apparently Obama's people are backtracking on this

bulktransporter.com...

"In their about-face, FMCSA officials stated in the August 15 Federal Register that commenters “misinterpreted” FMCSA’s request for input on whether it needed to provide additional guidance on interstate versus intrastate commerce. FMCSA officials went on to state that the agency “is sensitive to the critical role agriculture plays in our economy and farmers in our communities…These comments have helped us better understand the complexity of farm lease arrangements and today’s use of farm equipment on public roads.”

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The reason farmers in the US arent requiredd in all states to have a CDL to drive on a highway, is that....

..often, the Highway was built through the farmer's land, against his will.

It is bad enough when the government takes your land and paves it. It is another deal altogether when they tell you that you now need a license to cross their road to get to the rest of their farm which they cut you off from.

Particularly when you are taking a ditcher to deal with the run-off caused by "their" paved road, which they built without having the EPA tell them where to channel the water so it wouldn't flood your land with oil residue.

KY is an option, but you'll have to buy it yourself. with a prescription from an approved physician.

Thanks, uncle sam.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join