It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on the Betty and Barney Hill case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Do you think the reason they were abducted is because they were an interracial couple and the Greys were interested in them for that reason? This was the early 1960s when that was very rare in America, do you think it's possible the Greys and NWO spread racist propaganda because they didn't want the races of the world to mix for some reason?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

My thought is there are many threads on ATS about the Betty and Barney Hill case , do we need another ?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thats an interesting theory, but there's not really enough to go on. It's still being debated weather they were even abducted, I don't think we should start speculating that aliens are racist quite yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

This is among the weirdest of cases. I kind of agree with gortex.
You might have bumped another thread with this instead of starting a whole new one.
Since I am already here this is a case that defies my ability to believe. I wrestle with myself...how can this be true? And then there will be definitive statements from people whose opinions I respect who say, no SWEAR, this case has been scrutinzed to the enth degree and came out of the battery of tests as genuine.

And I know then I have to believe it. And still my mind will not.
I guess I am as bad as some of those I criticize as being skeptical without proof. In this case the Hills have been subjected to various diagnostic tests and still the results are incorruptible, they are telling the truth...and yet I cannot swallow it.

I admit it.

My mind is too small.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Listen, OP.

The question has crossed my mind as well. Considering the socio-political climate of the times I think what you have brought up is significant. There is something about it that has bugged me for years, but I can't quite put a finger on it. I think that you are going to have a hard time figuring out how to discuss this. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have wondered the same thing.

Interracial marriage was not very common back then.

I think we probably look like a pile of ants to an ET.

That would be something that made them stand out.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When I first read this I thought it made perfect sense that aliens would bee interested in an inter racial couple. True these couples were rare but they were more accepted in Canada from where the Hill's were returning during the incident. I think they would be interested in the Hill's because they were forward thinking when it came to ethics and morals, values, and equality.. They broke free from the normal hate, discrimination, and stereotypes of their day. This might be why they were interested.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They were not abducted.
Their analyst said they were.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Though you may have added this to another thread as gortex correctly says, I will still give a star and a flag as sort of a welcome to ATS and these discussions because I see you have only a few.

But now you know you can as easily bring a thought to everyone's attention by bumping an existing thread. I go through the search and find the thread that is first most recent and or most appropriate and if there is more than one I pick the one I like best. In this case that might be...

Betty & Barney Hill Hypnotic Regression Recordings? infaredman
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it could also be

Anyone Read Captured The Betty And Barney Hill Story? xweaponx

or here (though the topic is stretching it a bit)
State of New Hampshire Erects Historical Marker for Betty and Barney Hill, Frank Warren

For the most exposure do it (post your reply or thought) when the most users are logged on.
Even the best threads are only mainstream for about 24 or 48 hours max.
Every-time you respond you put a thread in main stream whether you started it or not.

Plus these people deserve your stars and attention for taking the time and trouble to post something that interests you in a way we can all appreciate.

If you have some new information to add however...by all means START ANOTHER THREAD.

PS I'm practicing with color .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by m1991

My thought is there are many threads on ATS about the Betty and Barney Hill case , do we need another ?

Would you rather have a bunch of asinine threads on "that" comet rather than a reasonable question about a real situation that still dogs ufoloogy?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by m1991

Listen, OP.

The question has crossed my mind as well. Considering the socio-political climate of the times I think what you have brought up is significant. There is something about it that has bugged me for years, but I can't quite put a finger on it. I think that you are going to have a hard time figuring out how to discuss this. Good luck.

There was a push by agents to make even more people pay attention to their
wild ideas about aliens as part of the institutionalized Big Lie hiding the Tesla
ship and his tapping energy from the environment.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Betty said she felt at ease and comfortable in the greys presence.Barney was terrified and upset.The whole story is filled with holes.2 people should have experienced the same general feelings going through the exact same experience.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Betty said she felt at ease and comfortable in the greys presence.Barney was terrified and upset.The whole story is filled with holes.2 people should have experienced the same general feelings going through the exact same experience.

I see, by your determination then (evidently knowing their personalities), the whole case is false?

She was a white social worker with enough ease to marry a black man in THOSE dayis!
He was a black man used to getting the short end of the stick whichever way he turned.
So, in knowing their general circumstances of life, I reject your view as having a bearing.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Thank you so much for replying to my post.; I have seen your avatar around and I am intrigued by you and what you have to say. So I noticed what you wrote there even if others did not. I agree. They are hiding something fantastic; but fantastically mundane and very likely invented by Tesla.

I think 'they' let the whole thing run away with them and the further they got along with it, the more it seemed impossible to them that it could be shared with the rest of us (i.e. the masses), and finally it was out of their hands somehow and running away with itself. Hence we have rumors of secret space programs and Nazi flying saucers.

The more I hang around ATS the more my POV changes; for the better, I think.

Thanks again, I hope you've made it back to this post.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

I see, by your determination then (evidently knowing their personalities), the whole case is false?

She was a white social worker with enough ease to marry a black man in THOSE dayis!
He was a black man used to getting the short end of the stick whichever way he turned.
So, in knowing their general circumstances of life, I reject your view as having a bearing. I am really not sure how you can bring that angle into play,but I guees with no other possible answer to what seems totally ridiculous,you were left with no other possible answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I disagree. Think of a funeral. To some people it's a terrible experience, other people don't even cry.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

There are good evidence cases that strange flying machines exist.
And there are plenty of cases slanted away from us ever knowing anything.
I took the stance of finding what is this thing and who knows best about it.
Tesla said he was going to make a flying machine and said it works.
He used wireless power for his radio controlled boat for charging the batteries.
The same for his Dirigible Torpedo, the air one not the sea one which might also
be powered by radio, which he said performed as expected.
The reaction motor of the Dirigible Torpedo is the same for any Tesla ship of
today and it uses the reaction to the 'medium' as Tesla would put it.
The air and perhaps space is a sea of reaction 'medium' sailed about in
waves Tesla made that are not EM. Take the early air core inductor one
inside the other in 1891 the broke the circuit law of Kirchhoff and Ampere
as Tesla made a one wire circuit lighting up lights that completed in the air.
The impossible over unity of way past 1000 times reaction must be in effect
for a small powered vehicle to reach 1000 miles per hour. If such a thing
exists then people wonder if Tesla had more devices that would even slam dunk
his Niagara Falls invention. Tesla had worked out every power plant detail and
had one patent for the whole system. Tesla researchers like Lyne feel Tesla
had working equipment at every announcement. The best defense against
people rushing to find all the Tesla works is to say Alien and never say Tesla
or even mention researchers like Lyne as well if not debunk all the way to
a anti Tesla cartel pay check.

top topics

join