It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans would be CRAZY to nominate Rick Perry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There were two recent polls that showed Bush got more blame for the economy than Obama. It would be CRAZY to nominate George W. Bush 2.0, another Governor from Texas this soon after Bush. The democrats will spend millions of dollars to morph Rick Perry into George W. Perry and the Republicans will have to spend millions trying to show why Perry isn't George W. Bush.

It's suicide for the Republicans. The last thing you want to do is drag Bush into the 2012 election via Rick Perry. It will be 2008 all over again. The Democrats will say the Republicans loved Bush so much they went right back to Texas and nominated George W. Bush 2.0!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The republicans like the democrats will nominate whoever the money men tell them to nominate. Elections are just a dog and pony show for the amusement of the masses.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
George Bush doesn't look as bad now as he did when he left office. Might be that whole rose colored glasses thing going on.

People tend to forget so I don't think being compared to Bush is all that bad of a thing today. You have to think outside of the ATS mindset like a normal person however since most people here remember and know more than the average person.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
All Perry would have to do is show off his record as Governor of Texas, and challenge Obama to do the same as President.

Results vs Rhetoric would be a great campaign theme.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So instead of giving details about the candidate, you're acting like Obama and talking about a former president? I expected more. Not everyone in every state is the same as everyone else. I will wait to find out more details about Perry based on something other than he comes from Texas so he must be like Bush.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Duuuuuuuuuude, republicans are crazy. Just look at how many people showed up for his prayerapalooza......

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Well then, I fully expect this to be their nominee.
Choosing Sarah Palin would be more crazy so, I think these 2 may possibly be running together.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Republicans will most likely nominate a turd just like the Dems will, so we're faced with a choice of turds and have no hope in really changing our country through voting.

Welcome to US democracy.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Bush was a disaster and he did nothing to control spending. He gave out 12 vetos in 8 years and he had a good record in Texas before he became President.

The last thing you need as Republicans is for George W. Bush to be a big part of the election via another Governor from Texas. It's the same reason Jeb Bush isn't running. The Democrats will say the Republicans want Bush back in the White House so much they went back to Texas and nominated George W. Bush 2.0.

It's suicide for the Republicans and it's too soon after Bush to nominate another Governor from Texas.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Bush was a disaster and he did nothing to control spending. He gave out 12 vetos in 8 years and he had a good record in Texas before he became President.

The last thing you need as Republicans is for George W. Bush to be a big part of the election via another Governor from Texas. It's the same reason Jeb Bush isn't running. The Democrats will say the Republicans want Bush back in the White House so much they went back to Texas and nominated George W. Bush 2.0.

It's suicide for the Republicans and it's too soon after Bush to nominate another Governor from Texas.

This is the Republicans number one problem.....being concerned about what Democrats think about our nominee. This cost us Sarah Palin.

Republicans scared about what the media thinks, scared of what Democrats might think......how about caring what actual Republicans think.....for once.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here's one poll:

Here's one poll:

By a wide margin, more Americans blame former President George W. Bush for the national economic outlook than they do President Barack Obama, according to a new poll.

Numbers out of Quinnipiac University Thursday morning indicated that 54 percent of Americans say Bush is to blame for exploding the federal deficit and swelling unemployment, whereas just 27 percent believe it is President Obama's fault

www.rawstory.com...

Why would you want to nominate another Governor from Texas this soon after Bush? Bush is to the Republicans what Jimmy Carter is to Democrats right now and it would be suicide to nominate George W. Perry.

Republicans have to be smart. They have a chance to take the Senate and the White House. They will not win if they have George W. Bush in the middle of the debate. There will be millions of dollars spent to morph Rick Perry into George W. Perry. It's a self inflicted wound if they nominate Rick Perry another Governor from Texas this soon after Bush.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Rick Perry would not be a good choice. I live in Texas. One of his pet projects was the Trans Texas Corridor - to be built by a foreign company, operated by a foreign company. An unconfirmed but undenied rumor was that it was to be policed by the Mexican Army. The question about this was posed at every public meeting on the project and was never answered or denied.

The Texas Governor is a figurehead and doesn't really wield very much power. Yes he can meet with the top dogs and try to push things through but doesn't really have all that much power.

I agree with a local talk show host, don't let the media pick your candidate. Do the research yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
All Perry would have to do is show off his record as Governor of Texas, and challenge Obama to do the same as President.

Results vs Rhetoric would be a great campaign theme.

Judging by what politifact states Perry tells more lies any Texas governor. When it comes to telling the truth as compared to telling lies Obama would kick his butt around the country. Maybe Perry can have another prayer meeting to fix everything.

Perry's file

Obama's file

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hello all.....below is a link to the Republican candidates (etc.)....I would like people to choose the 3 that they think will be one of them.. Rick Perry, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul............one of them will run against President Obama. that is my prediction...what is yours?

Link: 2012.republican-candidates.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Watching Rick Perry is like watching George W. Bush all over again. You can play speeches by Bush and almost match them word for word with Perry.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Great another religious zealot running for public office.....funny thing is people keep voting Republican then blaming the countries ills on Democrats....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This Perry nut is crazy. He even said the BP oil spill was an act of God. At the same time Perry is an oil man. Much of his fortune comes from big oil. Never elect an oil man for president. I thought we've learned that by now. Its scary how much Perry and Bush are alike. But he is a religious nut at the same time.

Perry quote:

"the economic downturn, and the Republican’s efforts to sabotage recovery, are all part of god’s plan"

new topics

top topics

join