Is Stereologist Skeptic Overlord In Disguise?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
"ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals."

Therefore, let me pose this question:

"Is Stereologist Skeptic Overlord in disguise?"

You may remember Stereologist as the person who regularly inserts himself into most of the 2012 threads. His overuse of the word "silly" is his capstone and crowning achievement at debunkery. And I've noticed that skeptic Overlord and Stereologist's writing patterns are similar, at least to me. But of course I have absolutely no facts to back this up; that's whay i've posted this thread here, in the Skunkworks.

Submitted for your consideration,

TIWWA
edit on 8/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
- PS

I shall be banned in 3...2...1...

"Or will I?"

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Can you link some threads for comparison?

Although why would the owner of the site need two accounts? From my experience Skeptic has balls of steel and doesn't need to hide behind another account, surely?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why do you care is the big question.

Are you a stalker?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Although why would the owner of the site need two accounts? From my experience Skeptic has balls of steel and doesn't need to hide behind another account, surely?

That's the fly in the ointment that makes my theory laughable. Granted. But still...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Why do you care is the big question.

Are you a stalker?

Are you?

Why do I care? Why not. Duplicity is morally reprehensible. Is that a good enough reason?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Maybe. I'll put it on my action item list.
edit on 8/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: edited quote down to relevant question

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Perhaps he knows that most members are intimidated when debating with the site owner. It would make sense to create a sock puppet account so that he can participate freely in discussions, expressing his own opinions without giving the impression that they were the official opinions of the site owners.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Did you ask him?

Do you think he signs in under a different I.P. address to become this confrontational charachter for ratings?

Or just T off members? Or both?

As stated... How about some examples?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Perhaps he knows that most members are intimidated when debating with the site owner. It would make sense to create a sock puppet account so that he can participate freely in discussions, expressing his own opinions without giving the impression that they were the official opinions of the site owners.

There's the answer that makes the most sense. To me at least. Like I said, this is just a hunch. I've been debating whether or not to post it for fear of a-ban-donment.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Nope your wrong..

...I AM SPARTACUS !!

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

how do we know you are not the skepticoverlord?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

There's the answer that makes the most sense. To me at least. Like I said, this is just a hunch. I've been debating whether or not to post it for fear of a-ban-donment.

The sock puppet answer does make the most sense. And i wouldnt fear a potential ban over this topic not in the least. If SO wanted to participate in a non-intimidating and non-interfering way, I think he would most certainly do so under a second account. Maintain the SO account for business purposes on the site and create a participating account as well...thats actually a genius idea.

I am not sure that this even belongs is the SW forum, other than naming a specific member as the possible incognito SO.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well if it is, do you blame him?

He is probably sick and tired of all the "suck ups" and "brown nosers" that are quick to give him stars and flags everytime he posts.

Guy probably can't turn a corner for fear of breaking many ATS members' necks.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Nope your wrong..

...I AM SPARTACUS !!

Cosmic...

No. I'm Sparti- er . . . . Karl Rov-. . . . um. . . .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

The sock puppet answer does make the most sense. And i wouldnt fear a potential ban over this topic not in the least. If SO wanted to participate in a non-intimidating and non-interfering way, I think he would most certainly do so under a second account.

Exactly,.. there are several sock-puppet accounts I've noticed in my time here, but as to whose they are or why, I don't think it's too important.

Staff and owners prob want to have fun too sometimes

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

The sock puppet answer does make the most sense. And i wouldnt fear a potential ban over this topic not in the least. If SO wanted to participate in a non-intimidating and non-interfering way, I think he would most certainly do so under a second account. Maintain the SO account for business purposes on the site and create a participating account as well...thats actually a genius idea.

I am not sure that this even belongs is the SW forum, other than naming a specific member as the possible incognito SO.

Like Tony Clifton/Andy Kaufman. Genius! Pure genius!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

how do we know you are not the skepticoverlord?

You don't. But I'm not. So there.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You think the alien overlords haven't planted replicants aplenty? You think K really stands for Karma? It is how close you are to earning a replicant

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
never fear the banhammer! never fear site owners, unless you're trying to damage it's income potential. adding more paranoia to the site by implying the site owner has shill accounts only lets the site have more mystery, more paranoia, and that's good for site owner's business. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about the site owner, or what accounts he does or doesn't have, so why do you? I find his polls VERY boring, and useless. point is, it's not really important who is who, and what is what, just use discernment and analysis and take what you want from the site, but know there are bull# artists and paid troll and agents of disinformation, you just have to know which is which, and that comes with wisdom I guess; that and intelligence like you're using to make comparison's in writing styles to determine whom is who.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join