It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia will become the focal point for WW3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Originally posted by steveknows
reply to post by Krusty the Klown
How wrong you are. Please point me in the direction which shows japs landed on Australian soil. The only Japs who hit Australian soil were the ones shot down.

The only Japanese force which landed in Australia during the war was a small reconnaissance party which landed in the remote Kimberley region of Western Australia on 19 January 1944 to investigate reports that the Allies were building large bases in the region. This party consisted of four Japanese officers on board a small fishing boat and it investigated the York Sound region for a day and a night before returning to Kupang in Timor on 20 January.

Wikipedia

I've also read about it in a book and seen it in a doco.

We were talking about an invasion. A 4 man recon in what was one of the most remoted places in the world and part of the the longest unbroken coastline in the world is hardly an invasion. In fact it's been accepted by Australia and her Allies that there's no shame in a small party landing. The country is just too big and places up north to remote. The shamewould be if we couldn't stop an invasion which we have done. Though I find it easy to believe a small party could have landed, in all my years of reading about Aussie war history and learning about Aus defence when in the Army I have never heard of this. I'll check through my owm resources. Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source in th world.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

The issue was not that an invasion force landed in Australia.

I was responding to a comment which said that "no Japanese ever set foot on Australian soil in WWII", not an invasion force.

Like I said earlier it was an expeditionary mission.

Another way to refute that statement is to keep in mind that Japanese POW's were kept at an internment camp at Cowra of the "Cowra Breakout" fame, so therefore they did actually set foot on Aussie soil.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You're splitting hairs. The discusion was in relation to a hostile japanese force. Not a 4 man recon or POW's

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You're splitting hairs. The discusion was in relation to a hostile japanese force. Not a 4 man recon or POW's

Lighten up Francis.

Go back and re-read the posts.

This is just a discussion, not a p***ing contest.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm not stressed. How you "hear" that post is a result of your mindset not mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I just read the comments from the yanks. I love how they conveniently forget that China has them bent over the resolution desk, and is shafting them harder and further every day. And yet they talk about Australia and Australians being slaves? Yanks, please just go back to your silly, closeted, ignorant, food guzzling celebrity ruled lives and let the intelligent, educated and developed civilisations deal with the problems.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I guess the moral to this thread had become:

Never piss off the Aussies.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm not stressed. How you "hear" that post is a result of your mindset not mine.

Really??? You might want to go back and revisit the words you use.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I guess the moral to this thread had become:

Never piss off the Aussies.

Or attempt to badmouth them when their commonwealth cousins are around
We got your back lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kro32

Actually, it's both Australia and NZ's claim at risk down there.

Personally, I don't want the Russians, Americans, Brits, Norwegian or any other nation in the Antartica at all. Leave it prestine and natural.

They are all already there. After an international treaty signed in 1959, only one thing rules Antarctica, and that's science. 47 Nations ratified the treaty. Any nation is allowed to do studies in Antartica as long as they share them with the world. I am sure that rule is followed, yeah right.

Anyway, Austrailia doesn't own Antartica. They may lay claim to a very large portion of it, nevertheless it does not belong to them legally. It's a shame how much trash and junk has been left down there by numerous Nations. You can check it out on google earth. It will make you sick. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Any foreign power will have a pretty easy time toppling Australia.

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

New Zealand and Australia actually work together for common goals in the Pacific islands.
The two countries are like brother/sister countries.
New Zealand isn't anti-American, it is anti-nuclear. It doesn't allow nuclear powered ships and submarines in it's waters, which is where tension with the US stems from.
Australians, New Zealanders and Americans have fought and died side by side for the same goals, freedom and liberty.
Believe me, the first country that will send help will be New Zealand due to its proximity to Australia. If Australia was attacked, hypothetically by lets say Indonesia, New Zealand would respond with everything they can muster.
The second country to help, soon after NZ, would be America.
If Australia were ever attacked, the ANZUS treaty would be activated. The USA will then declare war against the aggressor. It's then basically game over for the aggressor once the Pacific fleet arrives.

And there is now talk of the US building a new military base in Australia, with thousands of marines, tanks, fighter jets, attack helicopters, ships, all stationed here in Australia. In other words, they are preparing for the possibility that a foreign aggressor from Asia(hint hint China or China backing Indonesia) could have some crazy ideas.
A massive American military presence on Australian soil, one of the most resource rich countries in the world in terms of minerals and metals mined, will basically be a massive hands off warning going out to certain players in the region.

Other allies like Singapore and Malaysia would also send help if they were able to.
And naturally it goes without saying that the UK would help Australia. You can be sure that quite a few war ships including nuclear attack submarines, would be headed Australia's way within days of an attack.
Make no mistake about it, an attack on Australia will not be a war fought against Australia on it's own. Most of it's allies will jump in and defend it, in one way or another, diplomatically, economically and militarily.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join