It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia will become the focal point for WW3

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

UK doesn't have a military. Canada...ha ha ha ha! New Zealand....wow. Fiji? Really?

India? They'd be a little busy.

Behind the USA, Russia and China, the UK has the 4th largest military

I dont know what planet you're from, but just about everything you say is incorrect or based on assumptions. You are simply ignorant, and you have been off topic since the first post you posted

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Fact is Australia has 2.1 billion people backing her if she gets attacked, and even though she does not have wmd, we do, thus so does Australia.

What some yanks do not take into account is the sense of brotherhood and family that the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand share. We take the piss out of each other but I know if anyone of those got attackedwe would be there like a shot!

Not just us either, but India, West Indies, Fiji et al.

America cannot say that..

The REAL superpower in this world is never spoken of

UK doesn't have a military. Canada...ha ha ha ha! New Zealand....wow. Fiji? Really?

UK does have a military that is currently doing Americas dirty work in Afghanistan, as is Canada and Australia.

UK troops are the best man for man in the world.

Best infantry, best special forces that includes ASAS and NZSAS..

We are also nuked and bio weaponed to the high teeth.

We do not brag about it either. America does all the time but what war has America won since ww2? None!

With all of that superior firepower your rubbish troops get beaten by peasant armies with ak47's and a few RPG's.

Thats the truth!

So by that definition, you have no military either!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You live in fairyland mate. UK doesn't have a military?!? WTF? Have you been living under a rock since you were born?

The difference between U.S alliances/friendships and the Commonweaths' is that while the Commonwealth of countries consider each other to be like brothers, the U.S. either forces or buys it's friendships.
edit on 17/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Southpark material I say. It's like saying the world is going to attack Canada just cause Rip Torn and Alan Alda think it'd be good for the economy.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

........but what war has America won since ww2?

How remiss of you, you've obviously forgot about the mighty, resounding victory the US had against the significant military might of Grenada in 1983.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Australia LONG AGO gave up their firearms. So sad to see such a once great nation like Australia WILLINGLY give up their firearms and allow themselves to be unarmed. LOL how pathetic and sad. You WILLINGLY gave up your freedoms and liberties. Now China knows you guys are a joke and you will NEVER do anything to fight back when they steal your land. Australia might as well start to speak Chinese right now. LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Notice that none of us Australians are in the slightest bit concerned with your ignorant rantings and ravings

Either you guys are trolling or just plain stupid

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am sorry that you live as a slave and as a subject. I really am. I think it is terrible that your country men and women willingly got in line and handed over their firearms and let fear and terrorism win. Face it yall gave up. You quit. Scared quitters who would rather live under the protective jack boot of big brother than to have some courage and fight for yourselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hey guns might have been recalled in Australia due to all the Americans moving here. It might have been assumed that school shootings would follow

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This thread has no point, because currently none of the territorial claims have been recognized by any other nation, and they never will be.

The Antarctic Treaty prohibits any military activity in Antarctica, including the establishment of military bases and fortifications, military maneuvers, and weapons testing. Military personnel or equipment are permitted only for scientific research or other peaceful purposes.

The Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty (the ‘Madrid Protocol’) was negotiated as other countries followed suit and on 14 January 1998 it entered into force.[70] The Madrid Protocol bans all mining in Antarctica, designating the continent as a ‘natural reserve devoted to peace and science’.

There you have it, Australia I think you're pretty safe from WWIII.

Link

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

The L1A1 Semi automatic rifle has a max range of 600 metres so it can be done in he right hands.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

How wrong you are. Please point me in the direction which shows japs landed on Australian soil. The only Japs who hit Australian soil were the ones shot down. Also if you knew the history you'd know that Australia had already turned the Japs away before the battle of the Coral sea or even Midway

When the Japs first probed Port Morseby there were 1000 Australain Army reservest, 500 Australian engineers and 500 American engineers who fought them off but it was only a probe so the Japs thought they knew what they were up against. In the meantime 2 Australian divisions had returned form the middle east been rested as they'd been in the war since 1939, and aclimaited. When the japs made their push it was these two divisions they came up against and eventualy had to retreat, This was a blow to them as they'd not had to retreat before and as a result alot of it bacame a panic for the Japs. Although the campaign was a long one the Japs knew early on that they wouldn't be able to win and they were on the back foot the whole time. This is fact, this is history . The Japs had gone from being the agressor to trying to survive and this was long before the battles you mention. The facts often get in the way of Hollywood history. It's not by any means reducing the bravery struggles of the U.S forces in the South Pacific but the fact is that we had already stopped the japanese invasion.
edit on 17-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Maybe you should use a less racially charged term when referring to the Japanese people.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

If you'd forgotten the UK was under attack and was defending itself, it had few resources to send 8500 miles away to help Australia.

The problem wasn't England sending help England was never asked to send to send soldiers. The problem was that churchil didn't want to release Australian troops from the middle east lest Tobruk fall to the Germans. The Australian government had to order 2 Australian divisions to return to Australia and to disregard any foreign order . So when Australia was under threat from the Japs Churchills belief was Englands war with Germany must come first a all cost. Which is what actually led to the close ties between Australia and the U.S after the war.

PS. Tobruk did fall to the Germans after the Aussies were withdrawn to come home and fight for their own country.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

How was the UK expected to provide support 8500 miles away when it was under attack itself and was woefully short of both manpower and materials.

It was 1941. The threat of England being invaded by Germany had long past. England just had a Germany first policy and that's that. Churchill was so adamant that the Aussies stay in the middle east regardless of the fact that Australia was now fighting a war on its own door step that the Aussies threatened to shoot their way out of the middle east if they had to.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yahatinda
reply to post by steveknows

Maybe you should use a less racially charged term when referring to the Japanese people.

How is the term Japs racist? I suppose Pom is racist in your book as well? Yank also? What about Kiwi? You'll hate me if I call you a Canook. What a prude! The term Jap might be racist in your country but it's not in mine. We do have another word for the Japs that the Aussies, Yanks and Poms called them during the war and Jap isn't it. Go educate yourself and stop being an energy vampire and stop projecting what is abviously your own racist mindset on to me.. Troll.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
How wrong you are. Please point me in the direction which shows japs landed on Australian soil. The only Japs who hit Australian soil were the ones shot down.

The only Japanese force which landed in Australia during the war was a small reconnaissance party which landed in the remote Kimberley region of Western Australia on 19 January 1944 to investigate reports that the Allies were building large bases in the region. This party consisted of four Japanese officers on board a small fishing boat and it investigated the York Sound region for a day and a night before returning to Kupang in Timor on 20 January.

Wikipedia

I've also read about it in a book and seen it in a doco.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Both poles seem to hold a chunk of the worlds resources. It won't only be focused on Antartica.

I seriously doubt there will be ANY focal point when ww3 gets serious.

It's going to be all out mayhem, and no place will be safe.

ahem...

www.nzherald.co.nz...

A report by Australia's Lowy Institute for International Policy warns that the existing treaty system is under increasing strain and may not survive, a view echoed by predictions of increased competition by New Zealand defence planners. Last year's defence assessment placed the use of military force to impose an Antarctic claim among a list of potential sudden shocks the nation may have to deal with. The Lowy Report, by national security Fellow Ellie Fogarty, urges Australia to include the continent in its security and strategic planning, and to increase the involvement of its Defence Force in a range of measures to defend its claim to vast areas of Antarctica.

-

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by EvanB

........but what war has America won since ww2?

How remiss of you, you've obviously forgot about the mighty, resounding victory the US had against the significant military might of Grenada in 1983.

Actually I had not forgot, just did not think it counted, that, and the fact "Heartbreak Ridge" was the driving force of me joining the British army

I wanted to be "Stitch Jones", in my unit we even had someone called "Swede"

(Obviously you would have to know the movie to get the references)

But seriously.

Grenada was tough.

The cuban soldiers left banana skins everywhere!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
com on Aussies ... the greatest country on earth!!!!!!

I just love how we all pull together when someone attemps to have a go at us.

I'm proud to be AUSTRALIAN..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join