Australia will become the focal point for WW3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
BTW - if push comes to shove we DO have our own form of WMD.

Nothing like a truckload of Funnel Webs, Red Backs and Eastern Brown Snakes to set your enemies running back into the ocean
And while they are swimming for their lives we'll drop a few boatloads of Box Jellyfish on them - just for laughs

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Any foreign power will have a pretty easy time toppling Australia.

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

Thanks I needed an early morning laugh

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I don't think the UK 'demanded' any nation send troops to defend Britain and certainly not if it compromised their own self-defence.
Any sort of supportive evidence etc?

How was the UK expected to provide support 8500 miles away when it was under attack itself and was woefully short of both manpower and materials.

LIke I said earlier I was not saying England should have provided support to Australia when they they were under attack themselves.

What I am saying was that Churchill was ordering Australian and New Zealand troops be sent to defend England when they were more vulnerable to obvious invasion themselves. It was a blatantly selfish action on Churchill's part.

I don't blame the English man on the street, but it was a typical action of the way the monarchy and government of England treated their colonies (and their own citizens). Simply a way of defending their own hegemony.

It's quite well known in Australia, I'll try to find some sources for you.
edit on 17/8/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Can you show me specifically where Australian, New Zealand, Canadian or any other Commowealth / Empire troops were ORDERED to defend the UK at the expense of domestic security.

Australian troops served in North Africa and then Crete etc.

After Japan entered the war in 1941 all but 1 Division of Australian troops who were serving in Europe / Africa etc were relocated to The Pacific.
The remaining division served in the victory at El Alamein then it to was relocated to the Pacific theatre.

Some individual Australians served in the British Armed Forces and remained with them throughout the war.

In addition, when Japan entered the war in December 1941 all the Australian RAN ships that were serving in The Mediterranean returned home to defend Australia.

Oh, and by the way, it's either the UK or Great Britain and not just England alone.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Every single bolt action rifle in Australia has it's serial number registered.

Every gun owner in Australia has to have a Firearm ID.

It's all on a Government database...and I'd bet China's hacked that database and knows exactly which houses has those pathetic rifles.

I don't think Asia or Russia fears Australia.

Even paint ball guns and air rifles are considered 'firearms' and regulated in Australia under Category A.

....paint ball guns....wow.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Every single bolt action rifle in Australia has it's serial number registered.

Every gun owner in Australia has to have a Firearm ID.

It's all on a Government database...and I'd bet China's hacked that database and knows exactly which houses has those pathetic rifles.

I don't think Asia or Russia fears Australia.

Even paint ball guns and air rifles are considered 'firearms' and regulated in Australia under Category A.

....paint ball guns....wow.

Again I'd like to remind you that I cant take anything you say seriously due to the fact that you think Transformers 3 has something to do with the NWO.

Seriously, you have no plauisbility, or logic for that matter

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Australia will be out of the fight early in WWIII. Why?

The Chinese don't plan on being anybody's slave again. They already said if they get attacked they're going full on nuclear. Which means the Shanghai Cooperation is going full on nuclear.

Nobody is winning this war. Australia's just in a bad location for what's about to unfold.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

How can anyone take you seriously when you are trying to imply Australia will be a focal point in WWIII?

It will not. Please explain how it would be and get back to the thread topic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I would rather know where all the firearms in the country are rather than walk down the street and fear getting my head blown off by some random drug dealer using his 'constitutionally reserved right' to own a firearm.

Seriously, you lost most Aussies in this thread the minute you started crapping on about us losing firearms and how the Great and Almighty America is SOOOOOOO much better because they haven't. Give us a break. Newsflash for you mate - most Aussies don't care - and better yet any Aussie that hears that sort of crap just rolls his/her eyes and thinks "there they go again, those craaaaazy seppo's....."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How can anyone take you seriously when you are trying to imply Australia will be a focal point in WWIII?

It will not. Please explain how it would be and get back to the thread topic.

Im not

We are not even a focal point for WW3...we have pretty good relations with China, considering our previous Prime Minister spoke fluent Mandarin. You seem to think China is a stupid country? There's a reason they are the worlds most propserous nation at the moment, and considering they invest heavily in our economy, it would be extremely detrimental to their economy if they attacked.

You really have no idea, about our country

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The law states every gun owner in Australia has to be registered; unfortunately, that's not the case. In the buy back campaign here, many of the guns somehow found their way back on to the streets....there are literally hundreds of thousands of firearms kept by unregistered gun owners here.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
( Australian troops did not lose one battle in Vietnam)

en.wikipedia.org...

"""Most Australians and New Zealanders served in the 1st Australian Task Force in Phước Tuy province.[233]"""

Wasn't that on the backlines of the war?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What the title is suggesting is that Australia's claim to Antarctica's vast mineral deposits will be the focal point for the next war. Basically the fight over the north and south poles.

Some country will not acknowledge their claim and it will lead to a conflict which will cause other country's to pick sides.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Im not

We are not even a focal point for WW3...we have pretty good relations with China, considering our previous Prime Minister spoke fluent Mandarin. You seem to think China is a stupid country? There's a reason they are the worlds most propserous nation at the moment, and considering they invest heavily in our economy, it would be extremely detrimental to their economy if they attacked.

You really have no idea, about our country

China knows exactly where military tactics lie...and politics for business:

www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/us-officer-wont-be-prosecuted-in-australia/story-e6frf7jx-1226116917775

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
( Australian troops did not lose one battle in Vietnam)

en.wikipedia.org...

"""Most Australians and New Zealanders served in the 1st Australian Task Force in Phước Tuy province.[233]"""

Wasn't that on the backlines of the war?

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried mate. Keep digging that hole of ignorance.......you might eventually reach China

vietnam-war.commemoration.gov.au...

Battle of Binh Ba

6 June 1969

In the years following the establishment of the Australian Task Force base at Nui Dat, the nearby village of Binh Ba was subject to several cordon and search operations but the insurgents continued to return to, and operate from the village.

Living on Route 2, a major road that ran from Phuoc Tuy’s capital Ba Ria northwards into the neighbouring province, Binh Ba’s residents were accustomed to seeing military traffic passing through their village. On an early June morning in 1969 two Australian armoured vehicles were making their way northwards along Route 2 when they came under fire from a nearby house. The shot, believed by some to have been fired by a nervous soldier and by others to have been a deliberate provocation, had its effect. Within hours an Australian force sat just beyond Binh Ba awaiting the order to go in and clear the village. Ahead of them lay a battle of unexpected ferocity in a setting unlike almost any other experienced by the Australians in Vietnam.

Read more.....

Battle of Coral/Balmoral

12 May — 6 June 1968

In war there are moments when instinct and training come together to warn soldiers of impending danger. So it was for a group of Australians in a nondescript corner of South Vietnam’s Bien Hoa province on the evening of 12 May 1968. There, at Fire Support Base Coral, established just hours before, as infantry moved into ambush positions, artillerymen prepared their guns and mortar men dug their pits, more than one soldier felt that ‘something funny was going on’, that there was ‘an atmosphere in the air’.

After darkness fell occasional bursts of tracer lit the sky, some Australians could hear Vietnamese voices beyond their positions and men, who no one could identify, were seen moving through the shadows. Then, in the hours before dawn, North Vietnamese troops launched a massive assault against the new base, initiating a series of actions more violent and protracted than anything yet experienced by the Australians in Vietnam.

Read more....

Operation Bribie

17 February 1967

On the morning of 17 February 1967 a Viet Cong force attacked the fishing village of Lang Phuoc Hai on Phuoc Tuy’s coast. At first estimated to be a company, then two, later reports revealed the attack to have been made by an enemy battalion. Shortly after 10:00am the Viet Cong began to withdraw chased by airstrikes and artillery fire.

An Australian force – members of the 6th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment (6RAR) and armoured personnel carriers of A Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment – were dispatched to cut-off the enemy’s escape routes. Expecting to encounter scattered groups of fleeing Viet Cong, they found themselves instead fighting for their lives in the midst of a strongly held defensive position. By evening eight Australians were dead and almost 30 wounded. Operation Bribie as the battle was known, was among Australia’s worst days in Vietnam.

Read more....

Battle of Long Tan

18 August 1966

Three months after the Australians established their Task Force base at Nui Dat, in the heart of South Vietnam’s Phuoc Tuy Province, the Viet Cong determined to rid the area of this unwelcome incursion. Having brought the base under fire on the night of 16–17 August 1966, a large Viet Cong force remained undetected in the area. Australian patrols found some evidence of their presence, radio traffic indicated enemy movement in the vicinity, but of Viet Cong troops, there was no sign.

Then, on 18 August, as a concert party was setting up for a show at the Australian base, men of D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, walked out through the wire to continue the search. That afternoon, as they approached a nearby rubber plantation there were fleeting contacts with Viet Cong who appeared, and disappeared just as quickly into the scrub. Then as a tropical storm gathered, the Australians came under fire more intense than anything yet experienced by the Task Force. Over the next few hours the survivors of D Company fought for their lives in rain-swept darkness of Long Tan.

Read more....

vietnam-war.commemoration.gov.au...
edit on 17/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one

Any foreign power will have a pretty easy time toppling Australia.

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

Thanks I needed an early morning laugh

I laughed too.

Fact is Australia has 2.1 billion people backing her if she gets attacked, and even though she does not have wmd, we do, thus so does Australia.

What some yanks do not take into account is the sense of brotherhood and family that the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand share. We take the piss out of each other but I know if anyone of those got attackedwe would be there like a shot!

Not just us either, but India, West Indies, Fiji et al.

America cannot say that..

The REAL superpower in this world is never spoken of

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The fight for resources is already going on.....who is able to mine the Moon and other interesting heavenly bodies first.

That is still a free for all for all nations...

The government which is able to mine the Moon or/and Mars will have the future and prosperity (and power) on Earth...

Antartica will be interesting and profitable but will IMHO nothing compared to what I just mentioned and not the cause for a WW.

That should be the major concern of the USA today before China, India, Russia or any other country will beat them to it.
edit on 17-8-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The law states every gun owner in Australia has to be registered; unfortunately, that's not the case. In the buy back campaign here, many of the guns somehow found their way back on to the streets....there are literally hundreds of thousands of firearms kept by unregistered gun owners here.

I doubt it. White people follow the law.

If you have an unregistered M-1 Garand for example in Australia....how are you going to get ammo for it?

You need a certain license to get ammo. If they see you are buying 200 rounds of 30-06....and you ain't got a 30-06 registered to you....there will be questions.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Can you please explain why you are so convinced that a WWIII against China is imminent.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Fact is Australia has 2.1 billion people backing her if she gets attacked, and even though she does not have wmd, we do, thus so does Australia.

What some yanks do not take into account is the sense of brotherhood and family that the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand share. We take the piss out of each other but I know if anyone of those got attackedwe would be there like a shot!

Not just us either, but India, West Indies, Fiji et al.

America cannot say that..

The REAL superpower in this world is never spoken of

UK doesn't have a military. Canada...ha ha ha ha! New Zealand....wow. Fiji? Really?

India? They'd be a little busy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join