It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia will become the focal point for WW3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Any foreign power will have a pretty easy time toppling Australia.

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

Wow, aren't you completely clueless.

Was this post just an excuse to have a go at Aussies and Kiwi's? Because no person with any modicum of intelligence would say such things and claim they are fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think its obvious that we are positioned well with the USA having served it in the last dozen or so wars it has proliferated and its also well known the Chinese are using US dollars to buy up large chunks of property and owns considerable mining interest already.

No one wants to upset the Chinese and Americans do they ?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gargarean
While we might be a prime target I'd guess it would be more tactical to take out our allies first, then invade. Which is pretty much what the Japanese tried to do.

It's amazing just how many people don't know about the Kokoda Trail and how we Aussies and Kiwi's stopped the Japanese southern advance in it's tracks - with the help of natives who became known as 'Fuzzy-wuzzy Angels' to the men fighting. It was some of the most gruesome and deadliest fighting throughout the war.

Unbelievable. The ignorance is astonishing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

You also have to consider the fact that nearly all of the civilian population are unarmed subjects. Less than 5% of the adult civilian population own a firearm. Easy pickins. They would get completely steamrolled by basically ANY country that invaded them.

LOL. More complete ignorance.

Pick up a history book and read it some time will you?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
In the unlikely event of any armed aggression towards Australia then I am absolutely certain that the UK and other Commonwealth countries would provide unconditional support.

Let's hope it never get's to the point that we need to exploit and ruin Antarctica, however......

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The cowards in your lands handed over their firearms and their freedoms and liberties WILLINGLY. So sad and pathetic. How the mighty have fallen.

So how far did America bend over to accept the Patriot Act?

Don't talk to us about willingly losing freedoms and liberties, hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

You also have to consider the fact that nearly all of the civilian population are unarmed subjects. Less than 5% of the adult civilian population own a firearm. Easy pickins. They would get completely steamrolled by basically ANY country that invaded them.

LOL. More complete ignorance.

Pick up a history book and read it some time will you?

You have to remember that yanks think that going on a world tour is probably a drive up route 66 as nothing exists outside the US ("world series" anyone?
)

Another thing those that brag all the time are really not very good, and after serving with yanks I know that to be true.

Australia can be quietly confident and has no need to brag

Plus you have the whole comonwealth watching your back too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Plus you have the whole comonwealth watching your back too.

Ain't that the truth

It's good to have a strong friendship-based alliance that doesn't solely revolve around the US. I do, and have always, considered all countries that are members of the Commonwealth as like brothers to us Aussies.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Doesn't look like we have to wait for the war over Antarctic. You guy are acting like a bunch of politician bickering about little difference that don't matter. Talk about a real s**tstorm. I've lived in both countries in my 50+ years and heres what I know for sure. Both the Aussies and the Yanks have some damn fine people and when we work together we are unstoppable. Yes we have good laws and bad laws in both countries. We also have a handful of people who have sold us down the road and need a good horse whipping. But all that aside the average Aussie and the average Yank will alway have each others back...enough said

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
In the unlikely event of any armed aggression towards Australia then I am absolutely certain that the UK and other Commonwealth countries would provide unconditional support.

You shouldn't be so certain about that.

During WWII when Australia was actually being invaded, where were the Commonwealth countries? They were all defending England.

England's great defense of Australia was to surrender "fortress" Singapore at the first battle and leave us undefended.

And after that when the Japanese were roaming freely in Australian waters and sinking military and civilian shipping, Winston Churchill was demanding ANZAC troops be sent to England to defend his country, not Australia or New Zealand..

Japanese troops did actually make landfall in Australia, they landed an expeditionary force on the north coast of Western Australia as it was barely defended, but could not make headway through the swamps and then deserts, so turned back.

It was only the Battle of the Coral Sea and the Kokoda Campaign that saved Australia. No help from the Commonwealth except the Kiwis.

My point is - the lesson learned by this is any country will defend themselves first then their allies.

It would be safe to say I am not a monarchist.

edit on 17/8/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Afterthought

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
First of all folks ...China owns more of Australia resources than Aussies do.
The Aussies have nuclear subs....every dolt even knows that.
So unless the invading orientals want to face Armageddon via British supported guidance, then no asian power is ever going to mess with Australia?
The Brits you may think are old bedders, but the Aussies chose them when the yanks froze them out folks.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
First of all folks ...China owns more of Australia resources than Aussies do.

No they don't.

The Aussies have nuclear subs....every dolt even knows that.

No, we don't.

So unless the invading orientals want to face Armageddon via British supported guidance, then no asian power is ever going to mess with Australia?

No-one said anything about an Asian threat. The threat was ANY threat.

The Brits you may think are old bedders, but the Aussies chose them when the yanks froze them out folks.

What does this even mean????????? It makes no sense????

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Blood runs through oceans more distant than near. if bllood runs true.
Man ...English blood is thicker than you may summise.
Think about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Australia is fine and we have close allies if shtf does hit the fan, besides that Australian defense has a safe guard in our west coast and up in the north that would stop any threat in its shoes quick smart.
I am quite content and pleased to be privy that Australia and or Australians would be in no harm

cheers

Ocker

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

If you'd forgotten the UK was under attack and was defending itself, it had few resources to send 8500 miles away to help Australia.

But that does not alter the fact that the UK and other Commonwealth nations would do everything within their power to support Australia if it was attacked.

Your views on the monarchy are irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Blood runs through oceans more distant than near. if bllood runs true.
Man ...English blood is thicker than you may summise.
Think about it.

I don't know what to make of that either.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
If you'd forgotten the UK was under attack and was defending itself, it had few resources to send 8500 miles away to help Australia.

Obviously I hadn't forgotten it, that's why I put it in my post.

It's not that England should have sent their troops to defend Australia.

What I am saying is that the English placed their value higher than Australia by "demanding" Australia send troops to defend a small island with a massive population such as England as opposed to Australia with their much smaller population who had to defend themselves against the Japanese threat which was no threat to England.

It was one of the instigators of the demise of the English Empire. You will note that the "British Empire" was renamed the "Commonwealth" shortly after WWII, as England realised how impotent they really were as a world power.

All they cared about was themselves, not the rest of their empire.
edit on 17/8/1111 by Krusty the Klown because: Kan't do grammar....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
[more

Do we think Churchill just planned to 45?

When Stalin was ordering the de humanising of anyone his psycopathic paid murderers couldr rape and execute ?
The whole world just was about to lose or win.
Then tears passsed and the USA figured the Aussies the Brits had been Soviet compromised.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I don't think the UK 'demanded' any nation send troops to defend Britain and certainly not if it compromised their own self-defence.
Any sort of supportive evidence etc?

How was the UK expected to provide support 8500 miles away when it was under attack itself and was woefully short of both manpower and materials.

Australia has always been a loyal and steadfast friend and ally of Britain and the British people and Servicemen have enormous respect for Australia and will always provide support if needed, unfortunately politicians rarely do us proud and despite what they may have us believe are hardly representative of the people...however that's a discussion for another time and place.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Interestingly back in WWII it was quite the opposite, the Japanese had considered the fact that nearly all Australian households owned guns and it didn't sit too well with them.
How times have changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join