It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia will become the focal point for WW3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Australia's Antarctic claim 'at risk'

SYDNEY — Australia holds the largest claim to Antarctica but risks losing it in any race to unlock the frozen continent's potentially vast mineral and energy resources, an influential thinktank said Monday.

With global interest in the icy southern region growing, the Lowy Institute has warned Canberra against complacency when it comes to its claim, which covers 42 percent of Antarctica, an area roughly three-quarters the size of Australia.

www.google.com...

Fighting for the control of the worlds resources is a high probability as they become more scarce and with Australia holding such a large claim it may be very likely that they will be forced to defend it drawing in Australia's allies to a conflict that could easily spiral into a global conflict.

We've already seen forces such as those of Russia preparing for Antarctic operations. I believe this will more than likely be the stike point for a possible global confrontation.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Both poles seem to hold a chunk of the worlds resources. It won't only be focused on Antartica.

I seriously doubt there will be ANY focal point when ww3 gets serious.

It's going to be all out mayhem, and no place will be safe.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
need to get a new mouse.

it's double/triple clicking on me for no damned good reason lately...
edit on 13-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Any foreign power will have a pretty easy time toppling Australia.

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

That new "Red Dawn" type movie that came out in Australia was a real laugh. If Russia gave Indonesia bombers it would run over Australia pretty quick...and there ain't no armed populace to stop the land invasion that would follow.

Whiny New Zealand would likely HELP a foreign power topple Australia. They've been secretly killing off any pro-american people in the Pacific for quite awhile in the islands....helping Russia and China get new friends.

Where do you get your information from? Obviously the movies.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

WTF?

I take it you're not from here. First off, we have several air force bases up in the northern parts of Australia to defend any such attack, and we also have some of the best pilots in the world. We actually train American pilots.

Secondlym, we have several friendly forces in the region, such as Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand, not to mention the American bases in the area.

Third off, Indonesia relations arent that bad

Youre one of the most uneducated trolls Ive seen on the boards for a while

And all that coming from someone who believes The Transformers movies is an NWO plot

edit on 15/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
WWII kinda proved that Australia is a tough place to invade. We're pretty spread out with large regions of desert between major populations. While we might be a prime target I'd guess it would be more tactical to take out our allies first, then invade. Which is pretty much what the Japanese tried to do.

Also as OzWeatherman pointed out we have the best pilots and army in the world in terms of training.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I rember reading a few years ago how the poles melting, (likely from global warming) made it possible for new resources (oil, gas, coal etc) to be found.

Back on topic, I think this conjecture about wwIII at this point is highly speculative and akin to henny penny sky is falling type nonsence.

In the highly unlikely event that WWIII does break out over poler resources (and I end up eating my hat with corks on it). Australia has more than a few bases in the North. We have bases, (mostly U.S.) over the whole continent.
And we have the sea shepperd to throw rancid butter at them.

Pervious, as Steve asked, where's your info on this secret killing of pro-Americans in the Pacific by New Zealanders to help Russia and China?? Would love to hear more about this.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If you wanted to take the time to educate yourself you'll find that it would take 5000 fully laden troop ships a day to invade Australia. That would mean a coalition of enemies and manpower not seen since WW2. Alot of Australian defence is situated in the North of the continent but most of the civil industry and all the defence industry is situated in the south of the continent. Historically Australia puts fear into its enemies, don't take my word for it, educate yourself and see what the Turks, Germans, Japs, VC and NVA have to say.( Australian troops did not lose one battle in Vietnam) Australian troops were the first to use hit hard night raids in the boar war in the 1800 and the first to bring artilary fire down on its own position to stop its enemy..

Not the easy task you've ingorantly stated.
edit on 15-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You also have to consider the fact that nearly all of the civilian population are unarmed subjects. Less than 5% of the adult civilian population own a firearm. Easy pickins. They would get completely steamrolled by basically ANY country that invaded them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mongomuggins
I rember reading a few years ago how the poles melting, (likely from global warming) made it possible for new resources (oil, gas, coal etc) to be found.

Back on topic, I think this conjecture about wwIII at this point is highly speculative and akin to henny penny sky is falling type nonsence.

In the highly unlikely event that WWIII does break out over poler resources (and I end up eating my hat with corks on it). Australia has more than a few bases in the North. We have bases, (mostly U.S.) over the whole continent.
And we have the sea shepperd to throw rancid butter at them.

Pervious, as Steve asked, where's your info on this secret killing of pro-Americans in the Pacific by New Zealanders to help Russia and China?? Would love to hear more about this.

Only two U.S bases are in Australia. There are training areas set aside for the U.S but where they park thier planes and sit their troops is on Australian bases for the most part

Woomera Air Station.

Pine Gap Joint Defence Space Research Facility, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia - used by United States armed forces, and CIA, in partnership with the Australian Defence Force and the Australian intelligence services.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Unarmed civilians means nothing.

We had unarmed civilians in WW2 when we got attacked, and we never had any enemy troops set foot on shore. You guys are simply ignorant...or maybe you're just too stupid. We have an army for a reason

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Only two U.S bases are in Australia. There are training areas set aside for the U.S but where they park thier planes and sit their troops is on Austalian bases for the most part

Woomera Air Station.

Pine Gap Joint Defence Space Research Facility, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia - used by United States armed forces, and CIA, in partnership with the Australian Defence Force and the Australian intelligence services.

Actually Woomera is no longer a US air base, and hasnt been for years

I should know, I did live there from 2009 to 2010...and I worked at the Meteorological Office which was right on the airfield. No planes are stationed there

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
[SNIP]

I know plenty about my history, Ive done a thread on Port Arthur.

We arent like the US, our civilians dont need semi automatic assault rifles in the home. We arent cowards we are just a different country. If you havent lived here, then you have no right to judge our country
edit on 17-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Actually, it's both Australia and NZ's claim at risk down there.

Personally, I don't want the Russians, Americans, Brits, Norwegian or any other nation in the Antartica at all. Leave it prestine and natural.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
...We have an army for a reason

Defence force.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
[SNIP]

No metal detectors in our schools fella. We put fuel in our cars at service stations "and then go and pay for it" not the other way around. If we get pulled over by a cop we can actually get out of the car and approach the cop without the risk of getting shot even though they do carry guns. And, wait for it, the vast majority of us hold a passport unlike the 86 percents of the U.S,( I'm assuming you're a Yank going on the Freedom, Liberties, Guns,guns,guns thing you're doing there), which doesn't have a passport so we're are usually in a position to compare our country to others if we so choose unlike being told, not asked, but told by Yanks that we call soccer football which we happen to call it soccer by the way. And being told by Yanks that we're Brittish, that's always cracked me up as I don't understand how people born within an inependant country within the commonwealth and on one of the world continents in the South Pacific, which in case you didn't know is on the other side of the world from Britain, and has its own money being decimal currency not Euro or pound and has Australian passports can be called Brittish.I hope you get my drift. What I'm trying to say cowboy is that statistically the average Yank doesn't know a great lot about the outside world.

Cowards you say? wasn't there an episode in Korea where Aussies were shootng at the chinese in one direction and shooting at the Yanks in the other who were running away from a battle? Yep I'm sure there was. You might not have heard about it as I don't think Hollywood made a movie about that one.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Australia's Antarctic claim 'at risk'

SYDNEY — Australia holds the largest claim to Antarctica but risks losing it in any race to unlock the frozen continent's potentially vast mineral and energy resources, an influential thinktank said Monday.

With global interest in the icy southern region growing, the Lowy Institute has warned Canberra against complacency when it comes to its claim, which covers 42 percent of Antarctica, an area roughly three-quarters the size of Australia.

www.google.com...

Fighting for the control of the worlds resources is a high probability as they become more scarce and with Australia holding such a large claim it may be very likely that they will be forced to defend it drawing in Australia's allies to a conflict that could easily spiral into a global conflict.

We've already seen forces such as those of Russia preparing for Antarctic operations. I believe this will more than likely be the stike point for a possible global confrontation.

This very scenario was predicted by a BBC think tank in the 80's I remember watching a documentary about what is likely to happen in the future. The scenario went something like this. The UK and Europe team up ( and this was before the Euro) China, india and some other asian countries ally themselves. Canada, U.S and Australia and japan ally themselves. It's a rescource starved world and the Antarctic is the only place left untouched. Canada, Australia and the U.S played it smart earlier on and sat on their fossil fuels for the most part, which we have been doing, and used up what the middle east had to offer.

China starts serveying the Antarctic and claims they're there for scientific research of the environment, must have learned that one from the Japs, Australia gets wind of mining and send warships and troops to garrison what it has in Antarctic and also sends warships to "visit" the U.S bases drop in and say hello how ya goin and basically present a presence to back up the U.S while the U.S dispatches a carrier fleet and troops to the region and Canada dispatches ships and troops as well. Then it's a stand off and a very real chance of a global war. I can't remember the whole thing but it's really a case if Britain and Europe having a sook and saying fairs fair and why dont you give us some and China and India accusing U.S, Canada and Australia of being greedy westerners.

I guess the youngest children on the planet just knew enough to think ahead haha.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

As an Australian I can only say the following... no,I do not own semi-automatic assault weapons such as you yanks can own, but I do own a couple of old fashioned bolt action rifles that would with ease produce a kill shot at out to 600mtrs, no assault rifle that I know of will do that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join