It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some words on 2 theories I'm not fond of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I hear two common alternative explanations for UFOs: that they are demons, and that they are time travelers. Personally I don't like either theory and here is why.

I don't like the demon theory because religion tends to call anything that goes against its belief bubble "demonic" or "evil". It's just like when that priest looked through Galileo's telescope and denied he was seeing the moons of Jupiter, he said Satan was tricking him. It's just denialism. I prefer the theory that the demons of religion are actually ETs.

The time traveler theory doesn't appeal to me because I think it's more likely that we were created by the ETs than that they are our descendants. I think the reason they look like us is because we look like them. Also I remember Betty and Barney were told by the Greys that they were looking for yellow suns similar to the Zeta reticuli system, which they probably wouldn't say if they were time travelers and already had knowledge of the Earth, unless they were lying to B&B and I see no reason for them to do so.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

For the first theory I totally agree , people of religion have a mind set to see something unexplained as the work of the Devil , it's been demonstrated through the ages .
The second I have to agree again , its highly likely in my opinion that time travel , in this sense , is impossible ...Universally , though I do think the Dimensional traveler theory a possibility .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

As for the "demons" theory, I often hear it referred to as interdimentional beings which exist on the spiritual plane or outside our plane of existence. Angels and demons, by definition would fit this description and this is how it is seen by many Christians.

I think this is a most probable explanation as many UFOs exhibit maneuverability that defies the laws of physics. They are able to turn on a dime and appear and disappear from site in the blink of an eye.

It seems more plausible that spiritual or interdimentional being are visiting us and that we perceive them as UFOs because, most people have come to embrace scientistic materialism and refuse to accept any explanations that cannot be explained away as material beings who exist within our same reality.

Not necessarily demons but, beings from outside our scientistically defined universe.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Your first statement is the one i agree with. ET does not equal demon, at least not in the Christian view. I d have a belief in the demonic and I simply do not equate the two.

The second statement, however, I would beg to differ with you on. I look at the possibility of ET's and 'visitors' as fllows: there is certainy more than one type of phenomenon giong on. Sure the grays culd be Zeta Reticulan in origin, or come from anywhere else in the cosmos. But not every encounter and sighting must necessarily be of the same thing. It is possible for future humans to be visiting the planet via time travel and we are seeing their craft in sme way or another.

ET from outer space.
Some UFO phenomenon frmo outer space.
Some UFO phenomenon are actually military projects.
Sme Ufo phenomenon are actually just knuckleheads seeing mundane occurences.
and yes, some UFO phenomenon just may be due to time travel.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Your first statement is the one i agree with. ET does not equal demon, at least not in the Christian view. I d have a belief in the demonic and I simply do not equate the two.

The second statement, however, I would beg to differ with you on. I look at the possibility of ET's and 'visitors' as fllows: there is certainy more than one type of phenomenon giong on. Sure the grays culd be Zeta Reticulan in origin, or come from anywhere else in the cosmos. But not every encounter and sighting must necessarily be of the same thing. It is possible for future humans to be visiting the planet via time travel and we are seeing their craft in sme way or another.

ET from outer space.

This.

But to answer in a bit more detail. The idea of them being 'demonic' in religious sense is just that, namely a religious filter that is attempting to explain a potentially unexplainable phenomena in terms that the individual can grasp and understand. That being said however, 'they' could still be demonic in the sense of not being very nice or having our best intentions at heart.

As for the time traveler thing, there is nothing that I see inherently wrong with this theory as a possible explanation for some UFO encounters. But it certainly can't explain all of them. I will offer a piece of advice to the OP, please don't use the Betty and Barney Hill "Star Map" as proof that the 'Other' visiting us is in fact ET. The map has quite a few problems. First and foremost that it just screams "movie" prop to most researcher's. Chief among them Jacques Vallee and more recently the late Mac Tonnies. I would recommend reading any of Vallee's work or Tonnie's 'The Cryptoterrestrials'.

Tonnie's 'Indigenous' origin for the phenomena is where I find myself lending more credence to, at least as a viable option.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by countduckula24

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

ET from outer space.

This.

But to answer in a bit more detail. The idea of them being 'demonic' in religious sense is just that, namely a religious filter that is attempting to explain a potentially unexplainable phenomena in terms that the individual can grasp and understand. That being said however, 'they' could still be demonic in the sense of not being very nice or having our best intentions at heart.

As for the time traveler thing, there is nothing that I see inherently wrong with this theory as a possible explanation for some UFO encounters. But it certainly can't explain all of them. I will offer a piece of advice to the OP, please don't use the Betty and Barney Hill "Star Map" as proof that the 'Other' visiting us is in fact ET. The map has quite a few problems. First and foremost that it just screams "movie" prop to most researcher's. Chief among them Jacques Vallee and more recently the late Mac Tonnies. I would recommend reading any of Vallee's work or Tonnie's 'The Cryptoterrestrials'.

Tonnie's 'Indigenous' origin for the phenomena is where I find myself lending more credence to, at least as a viable option.

Can you explain the problems with the star map?

join