It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung OLED Flexible Display - You Are Not Going To Believe This!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Sorry i dont believe a word of it....30% cheaper than an older product...somehow i dont think so.

30% cheaper than what LCD's cost today. Of course, the price of LCD's will continue to go down, so these OLED TV's will be much more expensive than LCD's at that time.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Some people have a hard time understanding how business works. SUPPLY vs. DEMAND. That will initially dictate the price of OLED displays. They've been working on this technology for years. I remember reading in 2005 about them being released with a few years, and here we are, still waiting. The components costs will be cheaper...but because at first manufacturing will be in its infancy and because everyone and their mom will want one, price goes up. After a year or so...the price drops as manufacturing processes become more efficient and demand goes down.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This OLEDs tech has been around a while ,but the problem is with new tech like OLEDs ,you need a big factory to mass produce them ,and with OLEDs tech ,you have to build a whole new factory because it's a complete new design concept ,and these things take time ,so although you may hear and see proto types of these products ,the reality of seeing them on mass sale in public domain is often years down the line.

Samsung invested $2.2 billion to the 5.5 Gen OLED factory which starts production in 2012.

Personally i can't wait to get hold of one of these OLED TV's and lose the heavy clunky LCD TV's and a OLED mobile for my wife who has a habit of breaking mobile screens.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I imagine pretty soon they will be making eye glasses with this technology for a hands free computer.

I think that would be cool!

Now that I think about it, couldn't it possibly make eye glasses that change their prescription to fit as a user gets older?

Very cool tech!
edit on 13-8-2011 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I imagine pretty soon they will be making eye glasses with this technology for a hands free computer.

I think that would be cool!

Now that I think about it, couldn't it possibly make eye glasses that change their prescription to fit as a user gets older?

Very cool tech!
edit on 13-8-2011 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Augmented - reality contact lenses. Of course primarily developed with military applications in mind .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
This OLEDs tech has been around a while ,but the problem is with new tech like OLEDs ,you need a big factory to mass produce them ,and with OLEDs tech ,you have to build a whole new factory because it's a complete new design concept ,and these things take time ,so although you may hear and see proto types of these products ,the reality of seeing them on mass sale in public domain is often years down the line.

Samsung invested $2.2 billion to the 5.5 Gen OLED factory which starts production in 2012.

Personally i can't wait to get hold of one of these OLED TV's and lose the heavy clunky LCD TV's and a OLED mobile for my wife who has a habit of breaking mobile screens.

Samsung sells a TL320 Digital Camera with a 3 inch OLED.
I'll be glad when they push out a 17 inch OLED for my MacBook Pro.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join