It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot like a "Girl" if you can ;)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I would just like to say I own a S&W .41 and I love it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by AuntB
I just shot my first .357 revolver and loved it. My second shot was straight through the heart and I had great grouping. The guy at the shooting range I feel was trying to scare me. He said many women run out crying cause the noise is so loud. I went, I tried and I am going to buy. I may look sweet, simple and naive but as they say, looks are deceiving. I will be taking a hunters safety course in two weeks and I appreciate the info that Daddybare posted.

I saw a woman at the range look like a damn fool. Others seem to be there just to watch their pretend gangster show off his stuff.

Foolish, pathetic women. Yuck.
May I ask if you are calling all women foolish and pathetic or just some?

I am calling women who run act like shrinking violets because something made a big noise idiots.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Men hunt the buffalo and the women clean them.

Besides their breasts get in the way making accurate shots impossible.

I guarantee that I and my triple D breasts are a significantly better shot than you are, and a far more "natural" shot than you.
edit on 2011/8/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

pics or it didn't happen!
ahahaha

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?
THat's a myth the Roman's and Greek's spread around (bow-shooting) to discredit the amazons.
With firearms such a statement is insane.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Guess what?even us older,grandma types like to shoot
a few rounds now and then,guns are not for men only!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I will have you know that my 44D's have not gotten in
the way when I shoot!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The beauty and the inherent fun of the shooting sports is the fact that it is an equalizing sport which allows men and women to compete side by side. That is rare in the competitive arena. I've been spanked plenty of times on the trap and 5 stand range by "girls". I wish I could get my wife to shoot period. She is highly competitive and would love it. She just can't bring herself to handle or shoot a firearm of any sort.

I say go for it ladies. Practice Practice Practice and you can put the boys in their place.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by kro32

I will have you know that my 44D's have not gotten in
the way when I shoot!

Again, pics or it didn't happen! hahah

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
While I am all for gun rights and the like...shooting a gun takes no more athleticism than playing a video game

With an equal amount of practice a girl can be just as good as a guy.

The same can not be said for football or baseball.

Point being, unless you are going up against a gun, TRY TO REALLY BE TOUGH AND LEAVE THE GUN IN YOUR POCKET

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My wife, when we went to Florida a couple of years ago, finally got the nerve to have a go at a gun range and the guy said she was very good for a total novice, so my girl can shoot. Although I must admit I am still better than her because I've had more practise).
Big
for my wife who can watch my back anytime.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The beauty and the inherent fun of the shooting sports is the fact that it is an equalizing sport which allows men and women to compete side by side. That is rare in the competitive arena. I've been spanked plenty of times on the trap and 5 stand range by "girls". I wish I could get my wife to shoot period. She is highly competitive and would love it. She just can't bring herself to handle or shoot a firearm of any sort.

I say go for it ladies. Practice Practice Practice and you can put the boys in their place.

That's why I love SASS Cowboy Action Shooting. It gets the whole family involved playing Cowboy (and sometimes Indians
) . You get to dress like in the 1890's and shoot real guns at targets for time and accuracy. The women do just as well if not better sometimes and the camaraderie is fantastic!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Since we still have a few non-believers
let me say in the world of the shooting sports Guns are the great equalizer...
Woman are every bit as capable and I'll share a few Vid's to prove it...

Meet now 16 year old Tori Nonaka Pro-Am champ for 2010 and member of the Glock Shooting team
youtu.be...

And here's Tori with an Uzi
youtu.be...

Now Meet Julie Goloski Golob the current Bianchi cup champ
youtu.be...

Dont like Auto loaders then check out this vid "International Revolver Championships, 2009, Molly shoots off against Jerry"
youtu.be...

Have you heard of Jessie Abbate aka Jasmine... if not you should because this very talented woman is top of her field
youtu.be...

Well what are you waiting for... Don't just sit there watching vids go shoot something...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I guarantee that I and my triple D breasts are a significantly better shot than you are, and a far more "natural" shot than you.

pics or it didn't happen!
ahahaha

(looks down) Yep. Still there.

I admit they get in the way of my golf shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I had a S&W model 57 for a time...
sweet gun, deep blue finish...
never should have sold it.... but when the fellow took out a big wad of cash...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Never seen these before and after watching, Tori's technique is quiet interesting. She holds the grip high, almost to the point the slide could potentially pinch and with a slight slant to the left. She allows her stance and shots to flow rather than snapping at them. Very impressive young lady. If you ever find yourself on the wrong side of a zombie apocalypse might want to try and avoid her

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

whoopee for 3D's and great shooting!

that uncontrollable fetish aside, for years I have strongly encouraged all the women that i know, that they go shoot. even took my then GF and now any ladies that i know, to the range when i go. as "unnatural" as kro would like to say, which is bullocks, i've found that the ladies tended to be better natural shots that most guys i've gone shooting with. and that was initially, a shocking thing to me.

like the 1st time my GF finally came to me to a range, yes, she did the whole "OMG...it's a gun...it's gonna hurt...loud Bang....so scared" jive, but when she squeezed off her 1st shot, and it was over before she realized...she turned and had this look and said "CAN I DO IT AGAIN..." and commenced to eat away the red center mass of the target. the way i see it, a woman that can shoot, gets greater respect.
edit on 15-8-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thats awesome! My sister is 12 right now and she just has a ruger 10/22 and shes killed rabbit in our back yard from a good 100 yards away. Shes really interested into hunting and shooting, so im biulding her a .308 for her 13th birthday...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Wonderful, Thank You for the info-best gift and most brownie points my husband ever earned was a gift of a semi auto handgun, that I still have, and still love

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
At the risk of violating T&C, I'd like to point out a great place for *anyone* to learn to shoot a rifle, Project Appleseed. AS is an all volunteer non-profit organization that teaches traditional RIFLE marksmanship & the events around April 19th, 1775, the day the Revolutionary War started.

Women & kids shoot for free (with a tiny registration fee). They are held throughout the country. If you don't feel like showing up the guys, look for a Ladyseed, an all women Appleseed (there aren't too many Ladyseeds right now, but they're getting more & more going, NY just had one & we're trying to get one going in PA).

To find an Appleseed near you just click on your state. Schedule

No drill instructor mentality, just a safe, family friendly environment where they teach you how to use a sling properly (yes, it can do MUCH more than carry your rifle), 6 steps to firing a shot, steady hold factors for prone, sitting, kneeling, standing, NPOA, IMC, etc.

You shoot what you bring, but if you don't have a rifle, loaners are often available (usually a Ruger 10/22 with either peep sites or scopes).

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you decide to have a family member or a friend teach you to shoot, you have to think about a couple of things before you begin taking lessons.

1. Have you ever, even in a “joking” or casual situation or even when the gun was known to be unloaded, seen this person do anything with a firearm that made you nervous or was contrary to gun safety principles?

If the answer is yes, this is not the instructor you’re looking for. You need to be confident in your instructor’s ability to teach you and keep you safe. Your instructor should be someone you trust, especially around firearms.

2. Do you really, really care about the opinion this person has of you? Do you want to be good for them; do you want to impress them? Are you worried about being dumb, embarrassed or letting this person down?

If the answer is yes, this is not the instructor you’re looking for. You need someone with whom you can be completely humble and someone you wouldn’t mind looking like a total idiot around.

3. Does this person have the ability to make you cry easily?

If you will be sensitive to taking criticism from this person for any reason, this instructor is not the instructor you are looking for. As a part of the learning process, you will make mistakes and your teacher needs to be able to correct you. Most of the time, they will be able to correct you politely, but if you make a safety error, they may need to yell at you to get your attention and make the situation safe. If you can’t handle your family or friends correcting you and maybe even yelling at you at the range, it will be better for you to find a stranger to do those things for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join