It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot like a "Girl" if you can ;)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by anumohi
Some of the finest snipers in history were women, cuz they're cold blooded killers

Well, you know what they say. The fastest way to a man's heart isn't through his belly, it's through his back.

THATS A FACT

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Okay, look. I may be breaking the "don't feed the trolls" rule,but for YOUR sake, I feel like I should.

Kro, your trolling is not funny or cute. No one even gets mad at you like they would a proper troll. They just, laugh at you,make fun of you a bit, dislike you a bit more and then move on.

That's all that is happening here... You are making a fool of yourself. So, cut it out.

Save some face, keep some dignity and earn some respect back.... No one WANTS to dislike you here.

So just, stop with these kinds of posts,alright? Unless it is your goal to be made fun of by everyone on ATS and then just disliked by everyone... Just stop....

Now, back on subject. Yeah, I know plenty of women who shoot. And several of them are the best shooters I know. Much better than their male counter parts...

This is an awesome thread, OP. Honestly, I think women tend to be better than men at a lot of things anyway. Much calmer and more patient than most guys. I mean...Think of it this way. If God exists, he has to be a man, because no woman could ever screw things up THIS bad.

That's the only unnatural thing,just how badly, MEN with guns, have screwed things up...Well, maybe its more natural for women to hold a gun.

Good day.
edit on 13-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

more power to women if they want to shoot but dont do this.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How come, generally speaking, American women who are proficient and/or prolific shooters don't have the same hoplophiliac gun-fetish that so many American men do ?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

Sigmund Freud would have had a field-day psychoanalysing gun-owning American men...

edit on 13-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I guarantee that I and my triple D breasts are a significantly better shot than you are, and a far more "natural" shot than you.
edit on 2011/8/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

You get a star just for managing to get the term "triple D breasts" into an ATS post legitimately

My mother still travels here to the UK once a year from Texas to go on a pheasant shoot or two with me and she regularly bags her limit well before the guys do and I swear my ex is some kind of sniper kill machine trained by the Russians!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think women generally do much better on some of the marksmanship fundamentals the most men.

They are easier on the trigger.

Generally, they are more patient and do not rush shots.

Generally, they pay more attention to detail which helps improve sight picture.

...and if you have ever been married, you know they tend to be much more ruthless than men. Maybe that's just my wife

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I believe this is the only film shot from the BBWW show with Annie in it. Annie never missed. She purposely would miss during the show so as to not upstage the men, since they also missed on occasion.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would love to get involved with something this with my daughter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Women should shoot guns.

It is sexy as hell

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

C'mon Neo, We downloaded the clip a long time ago.
That was a real car stopper she was squeezing on, and
she might weigh a hundred and nothin, besides being
far from ready for the recoil.
It was a little amusing, except I hope she was OK.
On the other hand, I have recently made the
acquaintance of one who's only slightly larger a lady.
One of her favorites is that .44 Super Blackhawk, and
she's keeping the muzzle jump under 6 inches with
a long barrel. "Dirty Harriet" LOL: I feel quite unlucky.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
wow! i am in love played those vids two times. lol star and flag from me too! good work.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I love shooting, and am now looking into my next rifle actually. And I am not too shabby when it comes to sniping.
4/5 through the same hole is pretty good m'thinks

I have my concealed carry, and own two pistols right now. But between my boyfriend and I, we have 10 guns. (9...since he just sold his Glock 22 today). Just Saturday I shot the best I have. While I was at the range, a woman came up to me and gave me a card for the womens gun club
I went out of town right after, and I'm still gone until next weekend - so I haven't had a chance to follow up on it. But it definitely sounds fun.

There are too many guys out there who think women shouldn't shoot guns (as per the troll on this thread) - so, it's nice to know that when the SHTF, I will have my mark and my BF will have his. We can watch each others back. So for those guys who don't think women should carry or shoot - good luck protecting you and your family. What if you are away, and can't reach them? What if you are injured and can't feed them? What if - you die. Glad you are condemning your family to the same death.
Or are your opinions as such just because you feel any woman you hand a gun to will shoot better than you?

Well, at least I know that no matter where I am, or who I'm with... I've got a better chance at surviving.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks for stirring up the woman power! I want your wife's gun!!
I've been shooting since I was little - my Dad taught me and my sisters from a young age. I have a .22, a .38 and a shotgun.
My husband doesn't like guns, but after one night when we thought someone was breaking in our house, he totally changed his mind. Ok - and let me just say that it was a lot of noise - I had no idea a raccoon could make that much noise. I grabbed my shotgun, snuck up to the back door and peeked through the window, with my husband going to the other window to see if he could see anything. So when I saw it was just a raccoon, I laughed to myself, because it was so fat and cute and obviously not afraid of anyone. Plus I was relieved that it wasn't someone trying to break in - so I had a relieved giggle.
But my husband couldn't see it from his view - from my husband's perspective, it looked like me - giggling crazily with a shotgun by the back door, getting ready to gleefully kill someone apparently, and he said "Stop it - you're scaring me".
Which to this day still cracks me up just to think about it. Because he's a big guy, but I guess I freaked him out, and now he says that he doesn't mind if I have the guns, because he doesn't think I'll ever need to shoot one. I can just pop up with the shotgun and giggle maniacally, and it'll scare the crap out of an unsuspecting intruder. Therefore, I can keep the guns, but not have to shoot anyone, so he's happy.
Thanks for the thread. I haven't thought about that for awhile... good times.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
To be honest the women I have shot with were noticeably more responsible with their firearms at the range than the men. I feel more comfortable shooting with them because they are more concerned with being safe.

Guys have pointed loaded guns at me accidentally, shot the ceiling, and also shooting without making sure everyone had hearing protection first, indoors. Duh.

Now accuracy wise, ehh haha. Well at least I haven't been embarrassed YET.
edit on 14/8/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

way to go daddybear !!!
and for these fine words which are classically emphasized in the video posted. (why women shouldn't shoot)

Don't let men make your decisions for you when it comes to the types of guns you like... Don't be talked into getting something small... one of those so called "Ladies Guns" try before you buy... you'll know what you like... even if it's a so called manly mans gun...
and, don't be bullied, suckered or tricked into firing a gun waaaaay beyond your ability leaving you in a state of 'perma-fear'.
Especially, from boys who should know better.
They could have at least showed her How to hold the gun.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
there Should Not be a gender difference implied with the use of firearms.

ive seen enough idiots on the range to know and state that men tend to be more irresponsible and unprofessional with firearms than women.

that video shown just illustrates the irresponsibility of men, because you know if there was a woman there with training she'd have shown her proper.

and to those of you who believe that women should not be handling firearms...i humbly request that you go jump off a cliff. a tall one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I just thought I would mention that I am married to one of the best natural shooters I've had the pleasure to know. Personally, I've been shooting since about 5yrs old or so...My entire life, to say the very least. When I first handed her a rather cheap .380 auto years ago to get comfortable with, she took aim and proceeded to chase a coke can up the opposing hill with each shot. Since then, far from being a 'wimpy' girl, her personal defense weapon is a S&W .357 and she hunts with a .270 Sako. She'd take my 30-06 (she loves it..the bigger the gun, the more she loves shooting it). I explained to her why my A3-03 is not a field gun to go hunting deer with. lol.. She's informed me that we WILL be taking her to a range in Oklahoma that rents .50 bolt action 'sniper' rifles. I'll be a sport and stand right behind her...to catch her.

So, more power to the fairer sex on shooting! Prior to meeting my other half, I would have been skeptical but she's made me a believer. Women can shoot AT LEAST as well as men and she's shown me and many other men at the range, they can often shoot better. Just two cents tossed in....
edit on 14-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I just shot my first .357 revolver and loved it. My second shot was straight through the heart and I had great grouping. The guy at the shooting range I feel was trying to scare me. He said many women run out crying cause the noise is so loud. I went, I tried and I am going to buy. I may look sweet, simple and naive but as they say, looks are deceiving. I will be taking a hunters safety course in two weeks and I appreciate the info that Daddybare posted.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I just shot my first .357 revolver and loved it. My second shot was straight through the heart and I had great grouping. The guy at the shooting range I feel was trying to scare me. He said many women run out crying cause the noise is so loud. I went, I tried and I am going to buy. I may look sweet, simple and naive but as they say, looks are deceiving. I will be taking a hunters safety course in two weeks and I appreciate the info that Daddybare posted.

I saw a woman at the range look like a damn fool. Others seem to be there just to watch their pretend gangster show off his stuff.

Foolish, pathetic women. Yuck.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

I saw a woman at the range look like a damn fool. Others seem to be there just to watch their pretend gangster show off his stuff.

Foolish, pathetic women. Yuck.
May I ask if you are calling all women foolish and pathetic or just some?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join