It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoot like a "Girl" if you can ;)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
[align=center][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da094991f60b.jpg[/atsimg][/align]

Okay boys be nice... this one is just for the ladies...
and ladies... this might be the best age ever for you to Shoot like a "Girl"

First a few resources...
the NRA has many good programs out there for the ladies.

NRA Pistol Instructor Training Course
Taught By Women, For Women, Just Like You!

NRA Women’s Programs will be conducting an NRA Pistol Instructor Training Course, taught by women, for women, just like you. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to become part of the NRA female instructor development effort. Successful completion of this course entitles you to all the gratification and fulfillment that comes with helping other women learn to shoot – as an NRA Certified Instructor.

Link to view class offerings and price

Next up is there Wilderness escape

The NRA Women’s Wilderness Escape provides women 18 and older with an eight-day “getaway” opportunity to experience the softer side of firearm education with exposure to a wide variety of shooting sports activities and an array of enticing hunting and outdoor related activities. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned outdoor enthusiast, it’s an experience that will prepare you for your next adventure!

More info on that here Man I wish I could go... that's not to far from my old stomping grounds... The High Rocky Mountains of Northern New Mexico! Gods Country...

They also have their women's only Hunting program

Whether you are a seasoned huntress or a novice, our hunting excursions are designed to open the door to hunting for all women. The program enables women to share camaraderie with individuals who seek the same—new friendships, skill development and an exciting hunt! Our excursions offer something for everyone, matched with affordability and beautiful diverse locations – you won’t be disappointed.

More on that program here

You Ladies now have your own web site Shoot like a "Girl"
they are about to host their Second Annual I Shoot for the Girls™ Archery Tournament
go to this page to read a really nice story "Daughters first Turkey Hunt"

and here's the a page from there fourm so you ladies can chat about Fire arms you like

well there's a good start for you ladies... hope you find a good many more places where you can "Shoot like a "Girl"

Edit to add... A personal thought...
Don't let men make your decisions for you when it comes to the types of guns you like... Don't be talked into getting something small... one of those so called "Ladies Guns" try before you buy... you'll know what you like... even if it's a so called manly mans gun...

My wife favorite toy is her Ruger Redhawk in .41 mag
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1232482d03db.jpg[/atsimg]

My daughter's favorite is her Thompson Icon Hunter in .308
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b12bc5320cf.jpg[/atsimg]

Trust me when I say... Lots of guys I know would just love to be able to "Shoot like A Girl!"
edit on 13-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I hope that the ladies really take this to heart. S&F for posting this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Why wouldn't they???
my wife and daughters have been avid shooter and huntresses most of their lives...
they only thing new here is that now the ladies have their places to go to meet and greet other ladies with like interests...

and for those women still thinking about trying it yourselves... now you know your not alone...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i looked into this several years ago - lots of participation by the ladies - this is wonderful - thanks for reminding me - i'll spread your thread link to my friends -

s/f

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
since this is in survival, I thought this should also be added, because when the bullets and shells aren't available, there will always be a way to make bow and arrows.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Women shouldn't shoot guns.

It is unnatural

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I think its important for a woman to be able to handle herself in any situation, and this is one that should not be overlooked.

I dont know any other women that have any interest in this, but me living in the middle of no where I am required to have a firearm, and I am not afraid to use it, but I also haven't had a chance to really shoot, except for when I first got it, now I dont really think about it. I just know its there.

But its good to know that there are places that are fully open to women being involved, and I guess what I would look into is something more comfortable for me. Though I am not a gun enthusiast, I am sure that it has something to do with not really knowing where to find the info, and help.

So thanks for this, sometimes I forget that this is a necessity for survival situations.
S&F Peace, NRE.

BTW, I do hope that women do not turn away from this thinking that its brutal, or a man thing. This is very much a protection, awareness, and survival thing, and the demonizing of firearms is one thing, but its worse when it comes to women and firearms, and the false stereotype that women have no need for this type of training, or protection.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My daughter is almost mature enough to start shooting. I'm really looking forward to it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You know... I don't honestly remember a time when that statement was true...
even my Grandmother on occasion would take out her rifle and shoot a rabbit or three, to feed us kids something for dinner.... Plenty of times I watched my mom shoot a pig before the ladies set to work butchering the animal so once again we had food on the table....

to me it would be far more unnatural if a lady didn't shoot... and quit worrisome if she was unable to protect herself when the men folk aren't around...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Men hunt the buffalo and the women clean them.

Besides their breasts get in the way making accurate shots impossible.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator
My daughter is almost mature enough to start shooting. I'm really looking forward to it.

Some of my fondest memories are of taking my daughter out to shoot...
she is indeed quite the marksmen/woman
of course now that my baby is all grownup... she spends just as much time checking out the cute boys there at the range... sighs... spend as much time as you can with her... they grow up all to fast

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

We live in the middle of nowhere too... and I have a small section set aside for shooting pratcie...
as for finding other women that like to shoot my daughter had to look no further than the local church...
now they do this every other Saturday get together... no your not alone... the great things is now it's easier than ever to openly talk about ladies who like to shoot... even if it's just for sport

BTW that's it for me for today... Play nice and remember to give each other stars... I'll be back on mondy... right now I have a date to do this tea party with my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter... pretty soon I'll be teaching her to shoot too... unless her mom or grandma beats me too it

edit on 13-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Daddybare. My favorite is my .357 magnum revolver because it's simply the easiest to use and I'm the most comfortable using it. I enjoy deer hunting with my hubby and as a matter of fact, when we were dating he took me with him. He built a deer stand with walls so the wind wouldn't be so bad and I wouldn't get too cold. It was really cold though, below zero, but I still had fun. We pheasant hunt together with our dogs, too. I have had girlfriends complain that their guys "go hunting all the time," I say go with!

Our daughter was five when her dad had her target practice with his little .22 from when he was a kid. She thought it was great fun. She's eleven now and I guess it's time to get her into Gun Safety and Hunter Training this fall when it's offered after school (thanks for the reminder). Her two older brothers went through it and are both hunters so she's up next.
And yes, for anyone who's curious, up in my next of the woods the girls hunt with their dads all the time and every time I see a young lady get her picture in the local paper with the big 16 point buck she shot I say yeah! Good going girls!

Time to go target practice....

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My daughters shoot,
My wife shoots and hunts and carries a Sig P239
My mother hunted regularly and carries a .38 in her purse (and sure ain't afraid to use it)
My grandmother shot very well & hunted,
My great grandmother kept the family fed through the depression hunting.

I guess I come from an "unnatural" family.

I do run like a girl if that matters, and me running......That's unnatural.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
my ex has a .22 .32 , then again shes a welder and the company she works for encourages all welders to take up pistol shooting ,

reason why ,

hand to eye co ordination and self control, something all welders must have.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP.

I'll be sure to check out the website.

I've always believed that more women should know how to shoot. Where most men can at least have a descent chance at winning in hand-to-hand combat, there are far fewer women who could do the same - especially when the opponent is a man. Hence the need for a woman to master a firearm.

I love my Taurus UltraLite .38 snubnose with laser sight enhancement (this feature isn't for self-defense, but nice to have just in case). I wouldn't put anything in it but hollow points either. Now if I just didn't feel ten feet tall after having a stellar day on the shooting range...

Dare I add that I'd rather shoot like a girl rather than the "hood" way of turning the gun sideways?

edit on 13-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Some of the finest snipers in history were women, cuz they're cold blooded killers

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Men hunt the buffalo and the women clean them.

Besides their breasts get in the way making accurate shots impossible.

I guarantee that I and my triple D breasts are a significantly better shot than you are, and a far more "natural" shot than you.
edit on 2011/8/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Same here
I have a baby eagle and a sig, but I just bought this S&W 357 mag 65-2 revolver.. 4" barrel... and I do believe its my favorite thing. Ive shot guns out my husbands arsenal, shotguns, rifle, family guns other handguns... and I really enjoy this one in particular! Its a larger heavier gun, but somehow I am by far more accurate with it than even the sig.. and Im very petite. I had assumed I just sucked with a handgun and was only talented with the rifle. Nope, just took me 4 decades to find the right gun for myself. LOL!

I was raised with guns. Theyre just tools to me and I find it weird to think they are anything more than tools. When they become status symbols, a way to get attention from men ( which Ive seen at the range) or give some sort of false security is where we women run into trouble

I dont see why its so out of the ordinary for women to be armed these days or know how to use a gun. Weird.. things change I guess when people are no longer responsible for their own safety or food for so long. I notice in the midwest its really weird. Im originally from the deep south and the rest of my family is in far north, as in canadian border. Both of those places it seems its common for women to be experienced with firearms.. only in the midwest is it an anomaly as far as my experience and doofuses claim its "unnatural". Its unnatural to see a woman with a tool? I guess thats an indication of that persons understanding of what a gun really is.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
Some of the finest snipers in history were women, cuz they're cold blooded killers

Well, you know what they say. The fastest way to a man's heart isn't through his belly, it's through his back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join