It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this for real? Russian news channel spills the beans about the existence of Nibiru and 2012?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by XplanetX

You make it sound like you have special authority on this matter. Do you sit around a table with other debunkers making plans to specifically put all of your time and effort into particular threads?
Just curious, maybe the trolls roam in packs now?

That is quite literally what Terral Croft does... and when someone challenges his authority, he throws a hissy fit. Just sayin'.

Still towing that line hey?

So in order to discredit people you need to falsely assume that they are somebody else?

Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I still haven't heard a good reason why the video in the OP seems to be acting a some sort of "confirmation" for some of you. What about that video has people feeling that Nibiru is any more real than they thought before this video?

I didn't see any new information or new evidence associated with the OP's video, just more of the same stuff that we heard before being repeat by another group. Yet, it seems that some of you are treating this video as somehow different...

Why?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just watched this video, and this just reinforces my disgust for censorship in North America... Great post by the way, definitely going to be following this one!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
so, then please share your knowledge with us ..about ´ruins on mars or elsewhere´..but please NO Erich von Däniken or Sitchin ´stuff´.

cheers

Ok well it's a long story and really deserves a thread of its own. And no it does not involve Von Daniken or Sitchin although they both raise interesting theories.

The ruins on Mars are extensively researched and documented by a team headed by Richard C Hoagland and Mike Bara. There are 2 books which deal with this in great detail: Dark Missionand The Monuments on Mars. Dark Mission was a New York best seller - although I'm not sure what that really means....
Anyway this team analysed thousands of photographs from the moon and Mars including the very first images from Voyager, which show the famous Face on Mars beside pyramids and other artificial structures which appear to be in various states of ruin. As I said there is heaps more to this and the scientific analysis that was done is quite extensive. There are many YouTubes on this if you don't feel like reading these 600+ page books but if anyone is sincerely interested in this, the effort is worth it.

Having spent a lot of time on this topic, like with a lot of things, the more you look into it and the more you find out, sometimes you still don't have a lot of answers. However, the simple question remains - ARE THERE ARTIFICIAL STRUCTURES ON MARS (and possibly the moon)? With all the evidence available the answer is an absolutley astonishing YES! Now the next question is WHO build them? And that's when you can just keep guessing.....we just won't know until we go there and look.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think there is only one real way to accurately assess all the planet X, Nibiru, passing brown dwarf stars stories doing the rounds over the years.

Let's take Nibiru for example.

It is reputed to be a failed star, a dwarf star that shepherds seven moons or planetoid mini solar system, one or more of which is inhabited by an advanced, space faring species.

It is said to be a companion to our own star Sol, but orbits our system in a widely eccentric oval orbit, which swings around near the inner system planets approximately once every 3500 - 4000 years.

It is said to bring destruction our world and other planets in our system due to increased gravitational effects and debris and asteroids that are trailing in it's wake. And frankly, this is what most people fear regarding this subject.

There is a simple acid test, to tell us once and for all if this is actually so...the historical or geological record.

Is there any evidence, any at all of a periodic or more accurately a period spanning 3000 - 4000 years, of mass extinction, great die off of Earth's flora and fauna, massive tsunamis, super volcanic eruptions, Massive Earthquakes all of which is feared to accompany such a visit from Nibiru and it's companion seven planetoids

There is not.

Yes, we have Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and extinctions...just as we always have done on our world...but there is nothing in the record that even suggests these natural events are on the same or even a similar periodic timescale said to coincide with a 3600 year orbit of a dwarf star swinging by our planet.

The Russians are certainly afraid of and are preparing for something, you don't build thousands of survival bunkers on a whim, but is it a cyclic destruction? I don't think so...there's no evidence in history to support it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
I think there is only one real way to accurately assess all the planet X, Nibiru, passing brown dwarf stars stories doing the rounds over the years.

Let's take Nibiru for example.

It is reputed to be a failed star, a dwarf star that shepherds seven moons or planetoid mini solar system, one or more of which is inhabited by an advanced, space faring species.

Please excuse my long post, it is someone elses work but it deserves to be used as a response.

A lot of the evidence comes from ice core samples.

Timeline of Past Cataclysmic Events

600 Million Years Ago: A comet or asteroid slammed into the Earth in Southern Australia at a place called Lake Acraman, and the evidence of the collision is still visible. According to the scenario established by scientists, a rocky meteorite roughly 2 miles in diameter traveling at almost 50,000 miles per hour slammed into an area of red volcanic rock 250 miles north of what is now Adelaide. Within seconds the meteor vaporized into a ball of fire that carved out a crater about 2.2 miles deep and 20 miles in diameter. But that was only the beginning. The impact spawned an earthquake that was powerful enough to raise 300 foot tsunamis in a shallow sea 200 miles away. Debris - including sparks - showered the region for many miles and the remains are still scattered across a broad landscape. (17)

Visit source for full text

edit on 17-8-2011 by dbates because: Trimmed large quote, added source and ex tags for external quote.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by foti69
I just watched this video, and this just reinforces my disgust for censorship in North America... Great post by the way, definitely going to be following this one!

I don't know what you mean about censorship. I live in the U.S., and I've heard and seen all of the information in the OP's video before. There have been a few of those "speculative" TV shows that have talked about the whole 2012/Nibiru stuff. The "Coast-to-Coast" radio show has had this as a topic on many occasions.

Like I said before, the information in the OP's video is not new -- It's all been discussed previously. I'm not sure why people are treating this video as some sort of new evidence or confirmation of Nibiru.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The Lake Acraman impact structure is indeed around 600 million years old. What does this have to do with Niburu? It happened so long ago that it cannot be accurately dated to within ten million years, never mind 3,6000! I will attempt to answer as many of the points raised on the GLP article as possible, although it is clear that the person who posted it had spent a great deal of time on it. References to Immanuel Velikovsky do not bode well for its accuracy, however.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

94.5 Million Years Ago: When the solar system moves through the galactic plane, the chance of cataclysmic encounters are much greater than usual. There were mass extinctions of species 94.5 million, 65 million, 29 million, and 11,500 years ago. (2)

(2) Catastrophobia, Barbara Hand Clow. pg 195

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Wow! The author is citing Barbara Hand Clow, the "Pleiadian Agenda" woman? Ok, there is a grain of truth in that statement: there have been large "mass extinctions" in the geological record. What this means is that the number of species seems to diminish. It does not mean that every living thing dies off, and although it seems rapid geologically speaking, it may have unfolded over thousands of years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b1883b687ab.jpg[/atsimg]

life7.beyondgenes.com...

It is graphs like the one above that led David Raup and Jack Sepkoski to believe that these extinctions were periodic in nature. Richard Muller proposed that these extinctions were caused by a small red dwarf star ("Nemesis") with an eccentric orbit of 26 million years disturbing the Oort Cloud, sending comets towards the Earth. No such star has ever been found. In addition, the dating of the mass extinctions has been revised, making the periodicity less certain.

Recently, the theory has been revised to replace the red dwarf with a brown dwarf but, again, it has not yet been detected.

The Galactic Year is 225 million years, so there is absolutely no correlation. As usual, Clow is just making things up.

Nibiru is a fictional planet created by Zachariah Sitchin with an alleged period of 3,600 years. Since 3,600 years =/= 26 million years, Nibiru and "Nemesis" are not the same.
edit on 17-8-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Going by that graph things have been a bit quiet of late.

We could be due for a spike?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by DJW001

We could be in a mass extinction event right now and not even know it (although I'm not saying we are -- I'm just throwing out a "what if" for the purposes of discussion).

The great majority of mass extinction events take thousands of years to transpire and are probably very hard to notice on a micro level -- such as the current level of human understanding of the current and recent past biodiversity of the Earth.

Who knows? -- It may be that a mass extinction event has already started, say for example, 500 or 1000 years ago, but it may take another 1000 years or more for that event to get noticed.

edit on 8/17/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

In fact, we are in the midst in a precipitous drop in species diversity. Some biologists and ecologists are calling it the "Holocene Extinction." The cause: human destruction of the environment.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smash_the_system

The rabbit's hole is Lucus' nitwit project of lies and deception. Don't trust anything written there.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I completely agree. Where did this Lucus guy come from anyway? It seems like he thinks he has all the answers, but the idea that there is a Brown Dwarf approaching us is just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, it has. And in my considered opinion, it will be debunked to death right up until it stands in the sky for all to see. For some, until that day, it simply will not exist in their minds. This is the way of many things closed minds cannot, and will not see.

The close minded people are those that continue to believe in Nibiru. Despite the overwhelming evidence AGAINST Nibiru there are those that have their fingers in their ears and scream and close their eyes.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

They have it all wrong, this is about the start happening now, we have a few weeks maybe two months at best.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASilentWitness
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

They have it all wrong, this is about the start happening now, we have a few weeks maybe two months at best.

Source, please?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariele

So out comes the racist attitude. Doesn't take the charlatans long to play that card.

Maybe you need to learn about atmospheric effects instead of blaming other people for your lack of understanding of the world around you.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You are quite right. Jupiter is huge compared to other planets. If an object as small as Mars were within 70AU, then it would affect the known planets to such an extent that it would be known that there was a new nearby mass. A Jupiter sized mass is so much bigger, that the presence of such a large mass would be detected far beyond 70AU.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Razor7

However, the simple question remains - ARE THERE ARTIFICIAL STRUCTURES ON MARS (and possibly the moon)? With all the evidence available the answer is an absolutley astonishing YES!

The answer is a simple no. These books do not show what is claimed. Newer images do not show anything like pyramids or faces on Mars. The newer images with higher resolution show simple hills not structures.

Hoaglund is a well known hoaxer and he is making money at it. That is why he writes hoaxes.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join