It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this for real? Russian news channel spills the beans about the existence of Nibiru and 2012?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwasneverhere

It said it would be visible from the Southern HEMISPHERE, and it specifically named Antarctica. I don't think it said you would have to be standing directly on the South Pole. You can see the sun from Antarctica.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by backinblack

I'm telling you that in my opinion thinking a government or any human on earth could keep that secret is just crazytalk.

Yeah sure, we're all crazy except the likes of you that blindly believe your Government..

Me? I ain't building a bunker or even have a bug out bag..

I'm just a crazy talking guy because I don't always buy Government BS..

I can live with that..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I don't look for some big conspiracy at the end of every rainbow either. I can live with that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Where is the incentive to not blow the whistle if you know death is coming for everyone and everything?

How about a free entry ticket to the bunker nearest you? I think that would be enough to motivate one to keep their mouth shut.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

I'm telling you that in my opinion thinking a government or any human on earth could keep that secret is just crazytalk.

Between 60,000 to 130,000 people worked on the manhattan project and it remained a secret right up until the bomb was first dropped in Japan.

Why? Because they had incentive, to shut their mouths. Where is the incentive to not blow the whistle if you know death is coming for everyone and everything? There can't possibly be any unless someone has a gun to your head and you would like to see your family one more time before you go. How about families? If you knew could you NOT tell your family?

Maybe their incentive is the promise of a fully-stocked, safe underground bunker for them and their families. I've read and heard they are being built, world-wide. I'm sure just for the elite and wealthy. Maybe TPTB will make sure all their cronies are safe and tucked away before revealing anything to the rest of us commoners.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

If a scenario like the one that's been theorized were to play out, a bunker isn't going to save you. Not all the bunkers in the world. Read up on the theories scientists have researched behind what would actually happen on earth if something like that did play out. Roaches will survive right? Nah, according to them water won't even survive.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

By private parties that are scared of this 2012 crap.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am quite sure you can see the sun from there but antarctica being on the pretty much exact bottom of earth I am sure it is never very high in the sky like it is along the equator. So I doubt the f.o.v. for most telescopes would be wide enough to see both at the same time. That would require nibiru to have an orbit that was within like 20 degrees of earths. I guess it could still be in the southern hemisphere but if so it would be visible from more than just antarctica. I don't know and I am not trying to say it isnt out there somewhere. Just throwing it out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You may be right. Trying to outlast this thing may be a useless endeavour; but people will usually hang on to even the smallest scrap of hope if that is all they have.

We do operate on more than logic, don't we.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I think that depends on your personality and your personal fear of death. If I'm going to die it's not going to be in a bunker, and it won't be leading a life fearful of every harebrained conspiracy theory I can think up. You say I'm a sheep for not believing, I say you're a sheep for buying into popular conspiracy so readily.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

You may be right. Trying to outlast this thing may be a useless endeavour; but people will usually hang on to even the smallest scrap of hope if that is all they have.

We do operate on more than logic, don't we.

I was thinking the same. Whether or not a bunker would actually work is one thing; convincing some people that it would, is quite another. Kind of like the old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted"

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by wayno

I think that depends on your personality and your personal fear of death. If I'm going to die it's not going to be in a bunker, and it won't be leading a life fearful of every harebrained conspiracy theory I can think up. You say I'm a sheep for not believing, I say you're a sheep for buying into popular conspiracy so readily.

When did I call you a sheep? Maybe someone did, but not me.

As far as being in a bunker goes, I'm kind of with you on that one. I don't like being confined so I'm not sure which evil would be worse, confined to a bunker or exposed to whatever.

The most important thing for every one of us is to make the most of this moment right now, this hour and this day. Tomorrow may or may not come, so worrying too much about is is pointless. Having said that, it is interesting to think with an open mind so as not to blind oneself to the whole gamut of possibilities. It is still good to be prepared for the future while enjoying today.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The government however don't have the only astronomers and observatories however. There are plenty of university and private observatories with no connection to the government. Then there are all the amateur astronomers out there who have access to their own scopes and can even rent time on large observatory telescopes. How can you expect the government to stop one of these parties from leaking the information that a large, very apparent object is hurtling towards Earth?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ZIPMATT

And the thing that terrifies me most are those parents that take this 2012 thing way too seriously. Those parents who quietly go into their children's room on the night of December 20, 2012. Those parents who smother their children out of fear. Those parents who cut their children's throats. Those parents who drown their children. Those parents who poison their children. And those children who end their own lives out of sheer terror. The thing the terrifies me is thinking about the Sun rising on December 22, 2012 and learning about how much potential the world lost due to people spreading fear just so they could make a buck.

I was not on about next year,

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
An underground bunker is handy if one were to survive a nuclear war for example which i hope to God never happens. But it would be entirely useless if the Earth shifted it's axis and there was geological meyhem going on. The bunkers would surely get flooded, and if widespread Earthquakes/Volcanic activity happens surely the bunkers are going to be affected too or indeed breached by magma flows! That is not a nice way to go, the last thing you ever see is a giant wave of magma and you have now way of getting out as you are way too deep underground in your own tomb!

If i must die so be it, but i would hope i would die with some dignity and not hide from whatever it is that may or may not be coming. I see nothing wrong in sheltering underground if there is a chance of survival, but not in conditions like what is being described here.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Cmon guys this story's been knocking around forever. The simple fact that someone's put dramatic music over that vid should indicate that it's all just dramatised conspiracy nonsense. An object that big and close enough to impact later this year would be easily visible in the sky by now. It's also widely dismissed by the scientific community, I don't think we need to start digging bunkers yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The government however don't have the only astronomers and observatories however. There are plenty of university and private observatories with no connection to the government. Then there are all the amateur astronomers out there who have access to their own scopes and can even rent time on large observatory telescopes. How can you expect the government to stop one of these parties from leaking the information that a large, very apparent object is hurtling towards Earth?

What do you call spaceobs.org then ? We have the dimensions : massive . We have the dates : soon . We have the earthquake correlations : many . We even have the discoverer (an amateur) : Elenin
Even the dimensions of the scope he spotted it with : 18 inch

The governments have not stopped them. Because they are clever people , much cleverer and better than any shill .

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

What do you call spaceobs.org then ? We have the dimensions : massive . We have the dates : soon . We have the earthquake correlations : many . We even have the discoverer (an amateur) : Elenin
Even the dimensions of the scope he spotted it with : 18 inch

The actual dimensions of comet C/201X-1 are actually not very impressive. The nucleus is under four kilometers across, which means its mass is negligible. Its coma is 100,000 kilometers across, which means it is not very dense or unusually large for a comet. The earthquake "correlations" have been shown to be spurious many, many times on many, many different threads here. The discoverer himself discounts that it is any danger. At least people are starting to believe he's a real person!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
nasa is just full of #.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
What is an explanation of insanity?
doing the same thing over an over and expecting different results?

While that is not the real definition, I must say this search into planet X
resembles that action..Insane

Do those of you that believe this x planet is a possibility, really think the Hundreds
of amateur astronomers GLOBALLY wouldnt be able to locate this object if it were real?

lets at least try to think logically here, we can see all the planets in our solar system..
Why can we not see this x planet..Maybe it is being cloaked by the alien race right?

Please try to process a real possibility..not mythology.

I agree.

It's bs of the highest degree, yet they continue going on about it.
It's completely illogical(and laughable).

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join