It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this for real? Russian news channel spills the beans about the existence of Nibiru and 2012?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Where is the proof that they are building bunkers?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Helious

That fact in itself is what gave rise to mythological companion to our sun but after looking for it for a very long time we're coming up short on actual proof. By the math as you just said they've narrowed down precisely where and when to look. Still got nothing.

It is possible that they have found it, they just ain't telling you.

NASA: Never a straight answer.

I can appreciate why they would not tell the public. People would go troppo.

“Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.”
Otto von Bismarck

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I remember hearing a theory that at one time we did have a brown dwarf for our sun's companion but the sun (maybe also a brown dwarf at the time) and it collided to form one star. Which is how stars without a companion are formed. Heard of anything like that?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

Nope, I haven't heard that theory.
I wonder what evidence it is based on.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Helious

That fact in itself is what gave rise to mythological companion to our sun but after looking for it for a very long time we're coming up short on actual proof. By the math as you just said they've narrowed down precisely where and when to look. Still got nothing.

Yes, you could "they" have. You must then ask yourself who exactly is "they"? Ask yourself if there would be a reasonable concern for "they" to hide anything they may find, within reason mind you, not asking anyone to leap blindly off an ignorant bridge.

There were concerns in the 80s about gravitational effects within our solar system that did not make sense without another large body lurking somewhere out there. That original math that was admittedly off has still not been rectified with satisfaction and who knows the reason why.

There isn't one person in the entire world that is completely honest, not one. Human nature assures of secrets and deception and it is our nature to distrust what defys our common sense. I don't claim to know whats out there, it just bothers me when others claim they do......

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Looks like a joke to me. This is purely based on historic trends though. Every generation there are a bunch of crackpots claiming to be psychic or foretell the impending end of the world. So far they have all been insane and nothing more.

Its a shame that some UFO sites are only like that. I find the loopy "Im special" routine lends to much less credibility for anything that may be factual. Association with secret societies, long lost civilisations etc seems to be in some way required for an article to be given more credibility these days. I find it has the opposite effect.

The Nibiru rantings have been going on for ages. If you google a bit youll find countless other dates and events that never came to fruition. Is this some sort of paid subscription society by any chance?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

According to this binary star systems are now known to be the slight minority of star systems, for stars the size of ours.

Solitary suns like ours are not as rare as we once thought, boosting the likelihood that there are other life-friendly solar systems in the universe. It is not always easy to tell if a star has a companion, since they are often too close together to distinguish as separate objects with a telescope. But astronomers can look for other clues, such as periodic changes in the star system's light spectrum caused by the motion of the stars as they orbit one another.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

There were concerns in the 80s about gravitational effects within our solar system that did not make sense without another large body lurking somewhere out there. That original math that was admittedly off has still not been rectified with satisfaction and who knows the reason why.

It sounds like you're referring to the problems with the orbit of Uranus. The "math" was rectified when the Voyager probe found that the earlier estimates of the mass of Neptune was in error.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

There was another object there that held life. We had an unfortunate impact some time ago, one which had sweeping effects.

On a non loopy note I believe it is safe to say that there is without question life on other planets. The reason? Single cell organisms from our world have been proven to survive vacuums and extreme temps etc. Infact almost any condition yet discorered holds life here. If single cells have been around billions of years, its improbable that none ever have or ever will reach other worlds. Assuming evolution takes part in things, there will be complex life.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Helious

It sounds like you're referring to the problems with the orbit of Uranus. The "math" was rectified when the Voyager probe found that the earlier estimates of the mass of Neptune was in error.

Yes, and even though the majority of scientists would say that gravitational effects within our solar system have been explained, there are still quite a few that are still looking for planet X based solely on math they view as skewed , it does not boil down to only conspiratorial theorists, complex math and calculations can sometimes also divide experts.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Nope. The orbital paths of the planets are accounted for by the known planets. It's resolved. It was resolved in 1989.

Matese and Whitmire base their hypothesis on something else. Something quite doubtful. A pattern believe they have found in mass extinctions.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can't find anything! I remember hearing it though. Just looking over the many theories that came up on a search though, I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Nope. The orbital paths of the planets are accounted for by the known planets. It's resolved. It was resolved in 1989.

Matese and Whitmire base their hypothesis on something else. Something quite doubtful. A pattern believe they have found in mass extinctions.

Science is very rarely resolved in these matters, only theorized..

Sorry but I believe it's only the ignorant that think differently..

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I'm not saying there is nothing out there but there is scant evidence for it. If there is a large object out there, it stays out there. The idea of Nibiru, that a massive object periodically enters the inner Solar System is absurd. The idea that it will be here in 2012 is idiotic. That is the topic of this thread. To accept or even consider it is ignorant and gullible.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It seems like every 3600 years the SHTF. (At least on the last 2 occasions anyway, and then there is Atlantis???)

It is periodical.

Will this time be different?

www.search4ufo.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Something is happening, parts of our reality don't "add up" as it were, there are gaps in time, possibly as our reality is experiencing bubbles in time, parts of our memory appear as being linear, however, other events can occur in "the time between spaces" - that being said, I, not going to allow myself to be replaced with a hollogrammatic replica.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

To assume a planet could not possibly enter our solar system undetected by amateur astronomers is folly considering the object can only be seen with an infrared telescope.

No, folly is linking to an "authority" that starts out:

You'll notice here that I hardly make mention of gravity, if at all. That's because in actuality gravity doesn't really exist.

Yo ur "authority."

Well, the Electric Universe Theory is a good fit for explaining most things, including comets, and predicted what they would find, including nebulas being plamsa from energetic discharges.

Electricity is a much stronger force than gravity. Which is not the central force of the uinverse under EU theory, rather, it is a secondary condition, where there is an imbalance between the charges of two EM load carrying objects. I believe a negative imbalance.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

These passages show us that the Flood came 1656 years after the creation of the world, and that Abram (known later as Abraham)was born 2008 years after the creation.

www.search4ufo.com...

Really?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

These passages show us that the Flood came 1656 years after the creation of the world, and that Abram (known later as Abraham)was born 2008 years after the creation.

www.search4ufo.com...

Really?

I reference this purely for the periodical age gap between the mayhem.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

I'm not saying there is nothing out there but there is scant evidence for it. If there is a large object out there, it stays out there. The idea of Nibiru, that a massive object periodically enters the inner Solar System is absurd. The idea that it will be here in 2012 is idiotic. That is the topic of this thread. To accept or even consider it is ignorant and gullible.

Serious question Phage..

Do you believe if NASA and the Government knew an Extinction Level Event was eminent that they would tell us??

I know all the movie scenarios etc but I'd really like your opinion because you do seem to blindly believe everything they say..

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join