It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American abducted in Pakistan city of Lahore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

American abducted in Pakistan city of Lahore

www.bbc.co.uk

An American citizen has been abducted by gunmen from his house in the Pakistani city of Lahore, police say.

The US embassy confirmed the abduction and named the man as Warren Weinstein.

Mr Weinstein has been in Pakistan for at least five years and has been working for the firm JE Austin on development in tribal areas. He was to return to the US on 15 August.

The abduction of Pakistanis for ransom is common and a few foreigners have been targeted by militant groups.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is a sickening new trend in Pakistan, the abduction of westerners for a ransom demanded, as far as I know there has not yet been any demands issued nor has the group responsible came forward. Let’s just hope is for ransom and not a radical Ismalist group seeking revenge for the recent news that American drone strikes have killed 168 Pakistani kids or pay back over the Raymond Davis case.

Regardless of motive I only hope that they safely return this guy back to his family without bloodshed on either side.

I will add more as it becomes available.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

have killed 168 Pakistani kids or pay back over the Raymond Davis case.

Maybe the reason they hate us and are kidnapping us is because we are so arrogant we think 1 American troop is worth more than the lives of 168 Pakistani children combined?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Nope, it's money, same as everywhere else in the world. As a side note, I believe that 1 American troops life is worth more. Obama needs to end this, he won't and the killings will continue, how's that Nobel Peace Prize working out?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by m1991

Nope, it's money, same as everywhere else in the world. As a side note, I believe that 1 American troops life is worth more. Obama needs to end this, he won't and the killings will continue, how's that Nobel Peace Prize working out?

Worth more than almost 200 kids? Seriously?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Based on some of the other kidnappings in Pakistan I would be inclined to say this is about money rather than any ideological grievances. I do however believe it is a possibility this has been done in revenge but right now I am going to assume it’s about money until I hear different.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by m1991

Yup seriously. Obama has our troops in harms way, and keeps ramping things up. The kids are put in harms way by their own people. These "insurgents" like hiding behind women and children.....no one to blame but their own people. Better to wipe out the whole country that have one more of our troops die over there, or anywhere for that matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Better to wipe out the whole country that have one more of our troops die over there, or anywhere for that matter.

I respect your opinion, but don’t ever expect me to agree with the idea that one man’s life is worth more that the lives of an entire nation.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Too bad those kids who got slaughtered under US drones won't be able to safely return. That being said, this guy is innocent, but angry people will take revenge one way or another.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
WTF? 1 soldiers life is worth more than 200 kids? Wow, get a grip. It is the soldiers fault they are put in that situation, they chose to join.

but really, that is sickening how could you even say that 1 man is worth more than 200 lives? :/ It doesn't matter HOW they got into that situation a life is a life, regardless of it being a soldier or a poor INNOCENT child. It is very sad that this man got abducted but look at it like this, a lot of their children got MURDERED, I'm sure they would want revenge, just as much as you would want revenge.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Better to wipe out the whole country that have one more of our troops die over there, or anywhere for that matter.

I respect your opinion, but don’t ever expect me to agree with the idea that one man’s life is worth more that the lives of an entire nation.

To be honest I don't respect his opinion at all. That is utter madness. Even the Nazis probably weren't that arrogantly patriotic.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I could honestly care less what happens to him and don't think the government should spend an ounce of effort trying to secure his release. His firm likely has kidnap insurance (if not they should) and this should be left for the company to sort out. In all countries that have kidnapping problems there are local negotiators who will work with companies to get their folks out.

Any westerner who is fool enough to be in Pakistan (or Afganistan, Somalia, Iran, Syria or any other of these despotic, anti-western countries) is fool enough to get himself out of any jam he gets himself into. In case folks don't read the news, despite what the government would like you to believe, we are in a defacto war with Pakistan at the moment. A diplomatic war, but a war all the same.

The same goes for those fools who went hiking and got caught in Iran. You want to go hiking in a country engaged in a war, in an area that is rife with geopolitical violence and in a place where borders are poorly marked, you're on your own.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are a racist and this explains why America cannot stop bombing one Muslim country after another. It isn't just the U.S. leadership that is too blame, your comment also indicates that the majority of Americans are a bad racist people. No American has any right to be in a country without the approval of its population. Israel did 9/11 and most white westerners are racist scum incapable of understanding that let alone attacking the real perputrator.
Not only are white Americansmorally inferior, they also deserve to get butchered alive in the countries they have illigally attacked. 1 Pakistani > 200,000,000 white Americans

Pakistan is destabilised by America because:
- the country is sitting on the potential energy pipelines between Middle East / Central Asia and China & India.
- the country is Muslim and has nuclear weapons
- the country's main ideology, Islam, is diametrically opposed to Israel and Zionism

In other words, no white American has any right to stay alive in the country they commit war crimes against and kill children of.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junis
You are a racist

RIGHT.

In other words, no white American has any right to stay alive in the country they commit war crimes against and kill children of.

He was not part of the military and had no connection with the deaths but sure, Let's offer him up as a sacrificial lamb for somebody else's activities.

So much for objectivity-

Brilliant.

Originally posted by Junis
- the country's main ideology, Islam, is diametrically opposed to Israel and Zionism

AND

Democracy, Freedom of Speech, women's rights, Hinduism, Christianity, and pretty much the rest of the planets activities which are in odds with some archaic versions of Islam which many still adhere to.

edit on 20-8-2011 by MaximosPoena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join