It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Moon - just some boulders or is this a Lunar Rover ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It doesn't have any of the characteristics of a Lunokhod, which look like a wash basin on 8 wheels with a lid. All of the protruding parts more resemble NASA lunar rovers, or the image is of a rock slide. I mean just look at that radicle path and try to figure any amount of wheels doing that other than a tumbling rover, which I believe none ever had.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by qmantoo

Already a thread on this...

Yes, there is. Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If they were rocks, wouldn't there be places at the top where they came from?

I assume the rocks themselves, if thats what they are, came from somewhere - like a meteor and would have been lying on the ground or buried in the ground for years. So how do they suddenly start rolling down the hill? Earthquake?

There are probably at least 5 'rocks' down there and so what we are saying is that they all rolled down the slope using that one track, making regular shapes along the way. This is the biggest problem for me in deciding they are rocks.

These regular shapes down the 'run', pointed out by the green arrows on the previous page, have similar raised central areas all looking the same.

They do not build up momentum and break out of the run either. The rocks all landed in the same place without any spreading out, so I guess they are all round and regular-shaped so they roll nicely? If they are not, then the regular shapes pointed to by the green arrows would not be regular since there are multiple oddly-shaped rocks rolling down the slope one after the other.

For me, this is getting difficult to imagine that they are rocks. Too many 'IFs' to make it happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Can we add it to the end of that post then? That way they would all be together for anyone searching in the future.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for posting this.

It is my discovery. The thread was named after the link that NASA had given the image: The Secrets of Schröteri

And it sure was fun to talk about. I include some speculation on my image.

[/URL ]

And some image-based speculation - but the thing in Schroteri is much larger than any public moon lander:

[URL=http://img593.imageshack.us/i/schroteriprobever2.jpg/]

It is just speculation, so it's not like I know anything about some secret probe or anything. The name NASA gave the link just caught my eye so I looked and found something interesting.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It makes perfect sense to me that it is a bunch of rocks. Consider, the first rock to roll digs a small gully, the next rock falls into that gully, and when the big rock stops the smaller ones can't move the big one at the stopping point. I used to cliff climb and see how that works live.

Did you somehow miss that wide array of rocks where the paths start?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

For me, this is getting difficult to imagine that they are rocks. Too many 'IFs' to make it happen.

Assuming it is not rocks and the tracks are caused by a thruster as outlined in my previous post - on account of it is technological in nature.

Well then what do you think it could be?

Perhaps it is a test vehicle to check the feasibility of automated lunar in-situ resource utilization?

*And if boulders, was it rolling uphill or down?

One of the theories was that boulders were rolling away from 'it'.

So it might not be something that rolled downhill and broke up, but be something that had stuff roll away from it.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

See, that silhouette is not one from a wash basin with 8 wheels. More like a NASA rover. (I haven't referenced that thread yet but it is nor Russian).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

From the map, down.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Also consider this: if it was a secret probe, I would be able to argue that it is rocks and come away looking like a winner.

It is far easier to convince people it is rocks than otherwise - Even if it isn't rocks.

Besides if is a secret probe it would be illegal to post documents and proof of, right?

So it will always be rocks. Even if it isn't.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If it is a secret probe you would not have access to any documents and such documents would never be digitized or transmitted, hence, SECRET.

Maybe you might not be so privy to the measures taken with electronic authoring, or copying of secret documents with computers and even copy and fax machines that have hard drives and mother boards nearly just like your workstation. Even corporate secret documents never see digitization outside of a secure room that must be 'disinfected' before ANYTHING can ever leave that room, in short, destroyed beyond data retrieval of any kind.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

If it is a secret probe you would not have access to any documents and such documents would never be digitized or transmitted, hence, SECRET.

So you agree, it will always be rocks - even if it is a probe.

Beyond some state actor admitting that it is a probe, it can never be anything but a peculiar rock pile.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To me a good point is made that this may not be rocks, curious trail and all, which can be easily accepted as rock trails in lunar regolith powder, but to me the length of the shadows suggest to me at least there is something much higher than rocks piled up, which seems on the surface to be unlikely for rocks to pile up that high, in one spot that is not the center like a pyramid. My 2¢. I'm not one to talk at length about clandestine space operations because of all the astronomical infrastructure in place around the world and a launch vehicle to get stuff there can be seen from hundreds of miles away from the launch pad. That is my logic in a nutshell. I cannot tell you what this is at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
my problem is with the seperat zoom pic its theres no way to be sertain that thats not foto shoped and on top of that why is a lunar rover such a confidential subject its the moon its smaller then where we are now

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

my problem is with the seperat zoom pic its theres no way to be sertain that thats not foto shoped and on top of that why is a lunar rover such a confidential subject its the moon its smaller then where we are now

It is a 'secret' because we have not officially landed on the Moon since the last apollo moon mission and it is a secret because no other country - apart from the US and USSR are 'officially' supposed to be advanced enough in space travel to be able to place something like that there.

China has launched a space craft to circle the Moon but nothing has been heard of it since the initial publicity announcement. India have not been allowed to publish their 40,000+ photos, and Japan took some very bad (for investigation purposes) digital TV images and videos with their spacecraft. So no-one else officially has actually landed.

The separate zoom image was taken from the nearly 90Mb image given at the link in the original post. Anyone can do the same and examine what we have been so graciously allowed to see officially.

However, after all that discussion above and in the other threads, it is strange that it has been allowed out of the secure room without being doctored more. There are other interesting things in that huge photgraph too, by the way.

I think there should be prototypes of this lunar lander or at least mock-ups of it. Normally countries or companies like to make a publicity 'noise' about new developments. Maybe even a patent or two or official white papers all published before the idea was taken up by the secrecy mob.

I'm not one to talk at length about clandestine space operations because of all the astronomical infrastructure in place around the world and a launch vehicle to get stuff there can be seen from hundreds of miles away from the launch pad.

You would think that people are watching out for this kind of thing wouldn't you, but the military bases are positioned away from prying eyes and rockets get launched all the time without anyone knowing what is inside them. The other thing to consider is that rockets are so 'clunky' and the technology has most likely advanced way, way past that, so it would not need to be a big commotion like a rocket launch is. Those are for official unofficial launches.

The world's telescopes are watching space, not the moon - and even if a scientists or two noticed something strange (which I am sure they have), they will not jepardise their funding potential by blowing the whistle on the funder's latest secret.
edit on 13 Aug 2011 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I LOVE YOU!!! This was such an entertaining thread!!! And it even has an answer!!!

Woohoo!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It is extremely unlikely to be a pile of rocks. It looks very much like a landed probe or rover of some kind. Where exactly is this object located?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Schroteri crater.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It makes perfect sense to me that it is a bunch of rocks.

Assuming it is not rocks and the tracks are caused by a thruster as outlined in my previous post

I personally do not think the track is the result of rocks or a thruster. Take a look at how perfectly placed the marks in the ground are. Then at the end we have this mysterious looking pile of "rocks". The whole thing is much larger than a normal lunar probe, and isn't near any landing site as far as I can tell from this thread so far. The most rational way I can explain this is maybe a crashed probe or satellite and as it was rolling down the hill those evenly distanced marks were created each time that large protrusion sticking out from the object came around.

EDIT: if it were a thruster the "circle" areas would be more circular and they would be concave. The center of the "circles" aren't affected. When you look at this it simply looks like diverging tracks at given intervals, not the thrust of a rocket.

edit on 14-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The most rational way I can explain this is maybe a crashed probe or satellite and as it was rolling down the hill those evenly distanced marks were created each time that large protrusion sticking out from the object came around.

If that was the case then it would necessarily have to be a lander of some sort.

Unless it was equipped to make a soft-landing, there would be nothing left of it.

And at the size the object is, you would have a crater at the impact site.

*If it is technological, it was equipped to make a soft landing. But the rest of your idea jives with what we are seeing regarding the track.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join