It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Para X Warthog, Perfect CCW?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Para Ordnance, Para X, Warthog; 45acp

Pocket Sized, 12 round Powerhouse

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c8d3e565ee9.jpg[/atsimg]

Trijicon Night Sights Standard
1911 Style Single Action Semi Automatic

Could this be the perfect concealed carry weapon?

I have either shot or owned almost every kind, brand and style of pistol and revolver and have never found one that can match the Warthogs combination of power, small size, quality and features.

Truly a weapon you can rely on

I would recommend this to anyone that is serious about what they carry

Semper

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
always been a glock fan myself

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

I own several and carry one every day at work

BUT

1. I like a safety, manual physical one I mean, 1911's have always been my favorite
2. Should never carry a Glock in your pocket.. Big time dangerous

Semper

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Nice gun, I'm pretty fond of my Sub compact XD-40, I can conceal that sucker in a pair of shorts and a T shirt. Hows is the recoil on the Warthog?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Dang! 12 X .45 in a subcompact?
That's some serious firepower have for a ccw.
What kind of groups can you hold with this?
Recoil has to be serious, my old 1911 officers had more kick than I preferred to have. I never could master the follow up with it)

~ ATA

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I qualify as well with this as with my on duty weapon, the Glock 22

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fad82caaa62b.jpg[/atsimg]

Decent groups at 15 and acceptable at 25 meters.. Not a sniper rifle of course, but remember Para Ordnance is a very high quality piece and while odd due to the barrel length, it has a competition barrel and lock up system..

Recoil is easy for me but I am a large guy with very strong arms and 30 + years experience.. Follow up shots are about the same as a full house 357mag...

Semper

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

s & f as always
comming from retired gunsmith...

I like Para Ordnance...
been a round for a lot of years... of course all these 1911 clones all have interchangeable parts and that makes it a plus in my book...easy to fix service and upgrade...

Caliber: .45 ACP

Capacity: 10 + 1

Barrel Length: 3 inches

Weight: 24 ounces

Length: 6.5 inches

Height: 4.5 inches

Hammer: Spurred

Sights: Fixed 3-dot

Frame: Alloy

Finish: Regal black coating with stainless steel controls. All stainless. Night Hawg is a dull black...includes night sights

MSRP: $959.00... shop around I use to sell these new for a $100 bucks less... but you had to talk me down

Personally I have smaller hands so the thicker mag well doesn't quite fit...Para Ordnance was the first to double stack a .45 APC... I do like the the tang they put on their mags... so your pinkie fingers isn't dangling... I should also add I never had one returned for repairs...

My super small hide away is Kimber Special Edition Ultra Carry II Just like this one they cost the same but again smaller hands single stack mag... works for me...

edit on 13-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: fixing my horrible spelling

edit on 13-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I use the "Plus 1" mags

Gives me an even 12 when fully loaded

But I must admit, I'm old school and normally only carry 10

Still worried about spring set even though with the new metals it is not supposed to happen..

I've never owned the full size Paras, how do they handle?

Semper

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I've never owned the full size Paras, how do they handle?

Semper

Because they follow the 1911 basic design holding one feels natural... as natural as a Colt Commander or a Kimber... they shoot like a dream...

there's only 1 oz weight diff between the 8+1 single stack SSP and the 14+1 double stacked P14

I just checked their web site and see they just set a new world record ...
using a Para’s PXT model World Speed Shooting Champion Todd Jarrett put 1,000 round out in 10 minutes and 45 seconds... then Chip McCormick used the still smoking gun to put all 10 rounds into a steel plate... none to shabby for a world class endurance test...

Here's the link to that feet

Edit to add... Say, what do you think our chances are of getting an invite to a shoot out like that, in exchange for doing a nice write-up here at ATS?????

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Sweet!!!!

Yeah I own several 1911s

Love the feel

My favorite is my Sig, GSR C3

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44c316ada864.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Very very nice... but I got you beat

The prize of my collection is a Chuck Warner custom combat Commander
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afea517c2f01.jpg[/atsimg]
I bought it from this from a guy who had money issues so I gave a lot less the than the 2,500 asking price...
He had two... a matched set only one number diff between them...sadly I could only afford one of the twins...

Oh and no... this one I do not carry... she lives in her custom grade display case... just for looking at... only time it was fired was when Chuck Warner himself preformed his testing before shipping...

BTW my daily carry is my P944 165 grain golden sabers my preferred load
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd5de0374ec.jpg[/atsimg]
this one I shoot a lot...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think it's a pretty powerful little piece and very concealable. I don't know a lot about guns truthfully, but I know that THE perfect CCW are your hands. I know saying this doesn't contribute to the thread, but since it's in a survival forum, I'll go ahead and let my banter stream. I've thought about what the best weapon/weapons would be if the #e hits the fan, and a vast array of weapons came to mind, but I forgot one important thing, if it gets really bad...one day there will be no ammo, and no black powder, and no way for an individual to make shell casings, so having thought that, I think the perfect CCW are your hands combined with a working, demonstrative knowledge of martial art, and the best weapon in my opinion to master is the bow and arrow. Thinking of survival makes me think, "what if?"

I can hit a human silhouette with iron sights using an m-16 at 400 yards, not so good with a pistol, but I'm pretty confident that my hands are quicker than anyone's reaction time if they are within 3 feet of me, and have a pistol pointed towards me.

An even more extended reach, perfect CCW for a survivalist should be a blade, preferably balanced for throwing, as it only needs sharpening, and is easily made, recovered, and doesn't depend on machines and economy and munition storage to maintain it's effectiveness.

That warthog is a really cool piece. Are there any firearms you know of that just strap onto your wrist? Something like a metal bracelet with barrels on it, and built in magazine. That would be really neat to see.

I think this handgun: world.guns.ru...

is pretty cool

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

the shooting sports are my martial art...
and like any martial art learning to be a master means you learn things like reloading, how to fireform brass, make speedy field repairs...

long after everyone else runs out of store bought bullets, I'll still be cranking out my own shells with each and every pull of the handle of my big RCBS rock chucker... Remember it wasn't all that long ago people like Davy Crockett and Jim Bridger set off into the wild-lands of America with not much more than a horn of powder and a dream for high adventures

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Para-Ordnance makes some sweet 1911's I would try to stay away from the sub-compact 1911's though at least anything under 4" barrel I had a Kimber Ultra Compact carry that would fail to extract just about every other magazine no matter what ammo i ran through it even had quite a few double feeds, had a smith look it over and he said that happens frequently with the sub compact 1911's and was told to stay away from anything under 4" barrel in the 1911 so I took his advice and sold it and gonna be getting a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm, not quite compact but a heck of a lot more firepower than the .45 and for carry I have my trusty old HK USP Compact .40 S&W that has never once failed to fire or jam no matter what ammo I run through it and put close to 4k rounds through it so far. I like knowing that if needed for a life threatening defensive situation it will fire everytime that trigger is pulled until the magazine is empty. Nothing beats reliability.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well I think you and DaddyBare have me sold on it, I think I'll pick one up if the funds become available. I like the wider mag well, I have medium sized hands but found the traditional 1911 to have too narrow of a grip. Of course I should of thought about different pistol grips, I got to hold a friends friends Ithaca 1911 that his father brought home with him after WW2. The guy ended up putting on a thicker grip and the gun feels great, although it apparently pisses purists off to no end.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Can we confirm the the warthog does not contain "poly-puke" other than grips?

I only handle steel and preferably coated stainless. Is there a stainless option that includes internals?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Warthog was a decent pistol but it didn't feel quite right in my hand. It seemed too wide or something.

I'll stick to my Sig P226

Or my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Warthog

Some specs on there

Semper

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

what about store bought black powder? what happens when that runs out? shooting is a good martial art; I agree, I'm just talking about a hypothetical situation when the bullets, the shells, the powder runs out. Bows will still be available as long as there's trees.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z

what about store bought black powder? what happens when that runs out? shooting is a good martial art; I agree, I'm just talking about a hypothetical situation when the bullets, the shells, the powder runs out. Bows will still be available as long as there's trees.

They'll always be black-powder.
Charcoal, saltpetre, sulphur.

There's no shortage of any of those three.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join