It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geometric shapes found on asteroid Vesta?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Overlooking Hoagland's supposed structures, you certainly can ascertain the grooves on the asteroid if nothing else. They are exactly as those on Phobos. Except on that moon of Mars, for the most part, they are along the length of the object. Here, on the asteroid, they simply go around the roundish body.

You could suppose them space-weathering grooves form by the wearing away of softer materials over the eons, but that requires an original part-of-a-planet origin as it would for Phobos. Somewhat unlikely but not impossible. But there is another explanation that fits.

As I've stipulated on ATS and elsewhere, the grooves on Phobos are caused by the sliding of loose materials of large size but miniscule mass sliding over the surface. The cause of that sliding, on Phobos we can attribute to it being put by force into its present low orbit around Mars after being brought in from the asteroid belt.

With this asteroidal body (habitat?), we can also assume that it has been manipulated either naturally via collisions or unnaturally by intelligent actions to rotate at a slower or faster rate than it originally had naturally and thus, giving rise to the slippage of surface materials. Some of which could have been lost off into space because of the dynamics of such actions.

Martians are the culprits, I assume.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Well I can kinda see the hexagonal one on the left but the pixelization is too strong to make out any of the others. Are there links to high res versions or are those as good as it gets?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You can't argue against space nazis!

<< 1   >>

join