It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geometric shapes found on asteroid Vesta?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The latest theory to come by way of Ricahard C Hogland is claims of geometric patterns found on Asteroid Vesta.

Richard C Hogland for those who dont know, is an American author and researcher into conspiracies, Nasa and lost Alien civilisations.
He is very well known within the UFO community and is generally one of the top names on the bill of speakers at most exo politics and UFO conventions. He has written some popular books in this field including dark mission-the secret history of Nasa and the monuments of Mars.
Hogland best known theories are The face on Mars, Hyperdimensional physics, monuments on the moon, monuments on martian moon Phobos and a (wild) theory involving Elenin.

Personally i dont buy into most of his theories, but he is a popular character within the UFO community, and is regularly a guest on alternative radio and media.

Here is his latest theory concerning the asteroid vesta and the Dawn mission.

Vesta, formally designated 4 Vesta, is one of the largest asteroids, with a mean diameter of about 530 kilometres (330 mi).[1] It was discovered by Heinrich Wilhelm Olbers on March 29, 1807[1] and is named after the Roman virgin goddess of home and hearth, Vesta. Comprising an estimated 9% of the mass of the entire asteroid belt,

wiki

we currently have a spacecraft studying and beaming back images from this asteroid.

Dawn is a spacecraft sent by NASA with international cooperation on a space exploration mission to the two largest members of the asteroid belt — Vesta and the dwarf planet Ceres. The Dawn mission is managed by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, for NASA's Science Mission Directorate in Washington, D.C. Launched on September 27, 2007, Dawn reached Vesta on July 16, 2011, which it will orbit and explore until 2012. It is scheduled to reach Ceres in 2015. It will be the first spacecraft to visit either body.

wiki

Firstly.. in a recent interview i heard, Hogland believes disclosure is imminent as so much information is coming out lately.. He believes this Asteroid is the smoking gun that will blow the lid of the whole UFO cover up.
He also claims NASA have deliberately named this project Dawn because they know what they are up against, As the dark night that covered all secrets quietly turns into day, the secrets will be illuminated and for us all to see

dawn (dôn, dän)

intransitive verb

1. to begin to be day; grow light
2. to begin to appear or develop; come forth
3. to begin to be understood or felt: usually with on or upon

These are images of Vesta which Hogland claims show geometric patterns..

Personally i couldnt see it at first but after closer inspection i can see what he is talking about... although i still remain skeptical. Some of what he claims to be geometric structure just look like the pixels in the photograph to me.. although i must add i am no expert on photography.

Here are some more.. (I dont see anything in these images)

My opinion.. i dont buy it, IMO this guy has come out with some outlandish claims in the past, some of which include Martian Moon Phobos being an ancient alien spacecraft and also Elenin being intelligently controlled and some kind of time capsule sent to us from an ancient Atlantian civilization.

Even though i dont believe it, i thought i would put it out there for you all and you can make your own minds up.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I looked closely, tried squinting, compared outlines to the unmarked picture and I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

I was the same, most i still cant see but if you look at the circular "object" in the main image, you can kind of see what he is pointing at.. also to the left of the circular "object" he is claiming is geometric, which again i can see what he is trying to say..

although as said in the op.. personally i dont buy it.. the images are just not clear enough to make any assumptions like this.

but anyone who know hogland and his work.. will know, that doesnt really matter to him.
edit on 13/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I see nothing..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Great imagination !
........ uh .....uhm.....good for you, man.
I cry for the future of UFO/E.T subject.....it'll always be alughed at.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I like the guy; he's the most enthusiastic BS artist in the field and should be taxed for overusing (!) in his articles.

In this case, he's taken an image and magnified the crap out of it until the compression artefacts get all linear and he can project constructions onto them. He did the same thing with Spaceship Phobos. As usual, he'll complain that NASA are covering it all up and forgetting most of his source images are from....NASA!

Two years ago, he claimed that not only had NASA deleted 'smoking gun' images from their archives, they'd deleted them from his HD too. He gets to make bold claims and NASA's dog always eats his homework. No doubt, he'll be on C2C for the 20th time any day now...

ETA: Dawn: Mission Pages
edit on 13-8-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
All i see is an Asteroid

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just goes to show , Geometric shapes are in the eye of the beholder

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I like the guy; he's the most enthusiastic BS artist in the field and should be taxed for overusing (!) in his articles.

i have to agree... he certainly sells his wild theories pretty well..

he was over here recently at a convention.. i was actually tempted to go and see him, but as i say.. only tempted..

this one is crazy concerning the Norway spiral (from wiki)

Hoagland announced that the Russian SLBM had in fact been captured by Dark Forces intent on preventing mankind's exploration of outer space. These Dark Forces, he explained, were probably headed by Nazi officers who had escaped into space after World War II. To Hoagland, this was a sufficient explanation of President Obama's desire to cancel Project Constellation, since Obama had clearly accepted that any attempt to return to the Moon would be thwarted by the superior technology of the Nazis in space.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Great imagination !
........ uh .....uhm.....good for you, man.
I cry for the future of UFO/E.T subject.....it'll always be alughed at.

not sure what you mean by this?

are you having a little dig at me here? did you actually read the post? or did you just look at the picture and then scroll down to the first comment? and leave one yourself... if that is the case, you should at least have the decency to read the whole post (everytime) before you make a comment..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Didn't see any geometric shapes, but I do see obvious grooves in the top gif. Is that an accurate animation of Vesta? If so, what explains the grooves?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i see grooves in it also, prob from it spinning really fast and hitting another rock and that shaved the grooves in it. an idea at least eh

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
i see grooves in it also, prob from it spinning really fast and hitting another rock and that shaved the grooves in it. an idea at least eh

Similar grooves to Phobos though. Still trying to work out how you groove something in space, especially on an uneven surface. You either hit and crater or hit and bounce, you don't hit and trundle with constant perpendicular force over an irregular circumference. $0.02
edit on 13/8/2011 by nomadros because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My old friend Richard again proves that whole asteroid theories
depend on starting out as a half-asteroid, and he sure is one.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That guy will find anything on anything, someday he will probably find a civilization on a speck of dust.

Although, maybe what he thinks he sees is something we will do later on, Mine that rock!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sigh... I was hoping to see some sort of geometric shapes in this thread.

Instead I'm just seeing compression artifacts and some contrast filter. Dissapointing.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Also seen linear groove on moons surface hwy 1 they nicknamed it.
Phobos 2 story will be repeated here maybe?
Now that would be hilarious!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The guy's a nutcase.
He never stops coming up with ridiculous theories.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He also thinks he found Nazi cannons on Mars. Hoagland needs a check up from the neck up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join