It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fountain of wisdom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think it really depends on what kind of personality my child would have.
The advice which is tailored to suit the child, and which sparks an interest in the joy of life is always the best in my opinion.

For example, say I had an energetic son running around slaying imaginary dragons. I would tell him that as he grows up in the world, his 'powers' would increase by always practicing a warrior's curiosity.
Why, When, How, Who and What are his best weapons to understanding his life, and the world around him.

I dunno, now that I typed that out, it seems like I would brainwash my poor child

Thank goodness there aren't any children expected in my near future, because now you really got me thinking.
Maybe the best fountain of wisdom would be to let my children discover their own truth?
Gah, Now I'm really confused

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Embrace chaos or die trying.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

In one sentence? This may be tough, and I agree with the poster who said that it may very well depend on the personality of the child.

I think though, that this fits for all personalities, being that we are all humans and we are all connected....

Live in love, and in service to the creation, by serving others and treating EVERYBODY as you would have them treat you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Real knowledge is direct knowledge...

Peter Brown explains it pretty well.

edit on 13-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: link

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Love thyself.

Namaste.

Actually you should love others more than yourself...
that's the main problem with society...people love themselves too much.

I have a different take on that. I don't think people love themselves ENOUGH. Selfish? Absolutely! But we're a society of self-loathing people who are constantly inundated with messages of how "bad" we are, how "fat" we are, how "lazy" we are, how "stupid" we are, how much the world hates us, etc., etc., etc. Is any of that true? Maybe to some degree, but the good always outweighs the bad, and nobody ever talks about that. What we "believe" makes all the difference in the world, and I believe there are "powers" out there who are banking on us believing how bad they're telling us we are. The media is a form of mental and emotional abuse. So I think our society is full of people who are selfish, but secretly loath themselves for a dozen other reasons. If people loath themselves, it's a no-brainer that they'll loath each other as well. For if we LOVED ourselves unconditionally, then the love for others would come naturally. It is the lack of love for ourselves that shows greatly in the display of the lack of love for others that gives us away. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I teach my children many things, but one of the most important is....God is everywhere, and everything. It's the spark inside every molecule that makes up matter, including us! So never forget where God lives. AND, in this vast sea of molecules, be careful of the stones you throw....the ripples ALWAYS come back to you, whether it's good or bad. So mind your tongue, mind your actions, mind your thoughts, and mind your intentions through your heart. People can hide from each other, but it's impossible to hide from God. In the end, it is the weight of a man's heart, not his belongings or his titles that he is judged by. So in all you do, do it with love, kindness, compassion, sincerity, and always try to have empathy even for your enemies, because it is the heart that will reveal you to God...it's always the heart.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
In our insignificant way of looking at our self, the day will come when our loneliness will metamorphosis in to a togetherness.
Nothing else will be the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Think for your self, question all that is around you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
When the mind is silent, suffering ends and liberation is found.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Whenever a chance is to come around to do good, do it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Indeed, it starts with the golden rule.

Remember this one rule, the rest is just accessory.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Odette

That is so simple to answer:

If you want to start something new, you need to clean up the old first.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
My words of wisdom to any and all are to learn and understand the most important law in the universe.

The law of thought.

Our thinking creates our physical destiny. By understanding this vital linchpin of humanity we can learn what to create, and what not to create, for our own and mankinds advancement into peace, knowledge, abundance and love.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Once you realise that you can acomplish anything, if you really set your mind to it. Then you are no longer trapped in fate.
Peace
edit on 14-8-2011 by jisujaaljo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
"Do unto others as you would want done unto you" is one of my favourites but since its already been posted i'll come up with another one to tell:

"Do what makes you happy" on the assumption that helping others makes him/her happy

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You are what you think, and you'll never become anything more than what you create of yourself with each instant of corporeal life. Be absolutely sure that you're crafting the you that you will be able to admire forever once this stage of development is finished. Once finished, you'll be stuck forever with what you've made of yourself.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You do what you want to do. You go where you want and say what you want. Dont be forced to stay in this #ty town because of house paymjentsa car payments bill school medical payments insurance. All that # is a virtual prison to stay in this country so they can continue to make money off of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join