It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell fights North Sea oil spill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Shell fights North Sea oil spill

www.bbc.co.uk

Oil giant Royal Dutch Shell has said it is working to stop a leak at one of its North Sea oil platforms.

The company would not say how much oil may have been spilt from the Gannet Alpha platform

The company confirmed the leak was continuing but said it was being significantly reduced
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Seems to be breaking news at the moment. Hopefully the spill has been caught in time and it's not released a huge quantity of oil into the North Sea.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this in the hrs and days. Will it disappear from MSM?

"The Spill is Limited". I wonder by saying that, how much is actually escaped. Limited could still mean a huge amount.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

The platform had 10 leak incidents in 2009 and 2010, according to an HSE document showing voluntarily declared spills. Only one of the incidents was described as "significant" while the others were logged as "minor."

online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here we go again!

Those damn oil companies poisoning our planet.. Purely for profit!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This gets to the point were it just disgusting...

How badly do we have to destroy our environment in order to realize that our grandkids will inherit nothing, as our generations inheritance has been cancer due to non stop nuclear testing.

sickening,

Fox

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? Again?

Oh well. Shell is going to reap an even worse reputation than BP since they failed to learn from BP's mistakes...

Mod Edit : Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 13-8-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
guys dont keep dogging the big oil companies dog the governments that let them play at least they told us unlike the big bp

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised what so ever. It will be rather difficult also for them to know how much oil has been leaked out, since it is rough weather most of the time in the North Sea.

But as per usual, it will be covered up just like the BP scandal.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The question many should ask is "Why can they "decide" what to report and what not to? Why can they "refuse" to tell you whats happening?

It's as if they were a sovereign country, no? As if they had 'boundaries' that NO-ONE is allowed to cross EVER. Sounds like a nation to me.

I know the environmental aspect is not to be ignored; but these questions always seem to get 'overlooked' so it comes up again and again.

When did they become more powerful than nations? Why is there sovereignty not seen as the motive to create an "NWO" which is secretly corporate?

Let's hope that this spill is "minor" and that their idea of "minor" is reasonable.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Money talks. They can buy off the required people in order to do what they like. There are so many snakes at the top now that its hard to find someone who is not corrupt.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Update:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Oil giant Shell says a leak in a North Sea pipeline is under control. A leak in a flow line leading to the Gannet Alpha oil platform, 180 km (113 miles) east of Aberdeen, was found on Wednesday. The company said the size of sea surface affected was estimated to be some 31 km (19 miles) by 4.3 km (2.5 miles) at its widest point - it is unclear how much oil has escaped.

31 x 4.3 km is huge, that is a lot of oil that has been spilled. Yes it is small compared to other oil spills, but its still more than likely a spill that could have been avoided, as most are.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We will see if the crap hits the fan, if oil starts appearing on the Scottish beaches etc. But since the Governments are in league with the Oil Companies, the Government will try and play it down.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That must be a really amazing shell to tackle that mess.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Going by their past history when it comes to oil spills. Not Amazing, Alarming to say the least,.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Read it more slowly, thinking of the thread title.

Did you know if you stand by the sea, it sounds like putting a shell to your ear?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Ugh duh I get you now

Blonde moment

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So a 31km oil slick is "minor" to these people. Maybe minor to shareholders...

You can guarantee it is larger than they have told us.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Of course it will be, but as per usual this will be played down. We will be told do not worry about it. Like hell. If this effects the shorelines where I live. I will kick up crap over it.

I an going to keep an eye on this one. And take footage if any oil comes ashore that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Big oil rigs and refineries from Royal Dutch Shell and other oil companies will soon be hit by serious terrorist attacks, in the middle east, Africa and other parts of the world as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Big oil rigs and refineries from Royal Dutch Shell and other oil companies will soon be hit by serious terrorist attacks, in the middle east, Africa and other parts of the world as well.

Do you know something that we don't?

I'd say your words are pretty damning, and cryptic.

What business do you have reviving a 6 year old thread to make backhanded threats to big oil?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join