It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Wong The First Australian Lesbian Politician to co parent...is this right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just thought this was an interesting topic and a sign of the times for better or for worse.
Penny Wong www.heraldsun.com.au... s about to give birth to a baby.

Here is her background en.wikipedia.org...

It is not for man to judge, she is the first openly Gay Cabinet minister in Australia, and now she is about to be a Mother? Parent? to her partners child(well the father known to them has donated his sperm to Wongs Partner...who will bear the child.
Apparently Wong will be granted Parental leave also....appplause for liberated thinking for about less than 1% of Australian workers, the reat get the sack if they take time off because their wife has had a baby.

But I guess Wong is not a father? but a co mother?, or co parent?
If the father is known and gets involved does the child have three parents?
Or one Father and two mothers?
This Wong historic event may be right and it may be wrong but it sure is confusing.
I wonder if it would be allowed in her Birthplace of Malaysia?

Are we not glad we are such a liberated and tolerant society?

Go Penny Wong , you have made a first for Australia.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have some reservation about this, whether it would be good for the kids. But I guess I can accept lesbian parents far more than gay man couple as parents. Moms are better than dads I guess. I'm old fashion, I believe the classic parrent is still the best.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Two Wongs don't make a right.
(sorry, had to be the first)

On-topic, who cars? Dunno about the personal freedoms about Oz, but really, why should we get involved with personal liberties?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I accept any parent (gay or non-gay). If the child is loved and honoured, what the partners do in beg is of no consequence. Research over the past 20 yrs tell us this. Gay parents are no better or worse than non-gay parents at raising kids and guess what.? They have exactly the same problems when the kids hit their teens.. untidy rooms and bloodymindedness...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Two Wongs don't make a right.
(sorry, had to be the first)

On-topic, who cars? Dunno about the personal freedoms about Oz, but really, why should we get involved with personal liberties?

Oh Snip that was funny, ROFLMAO

Now back to topic, is this religious trolling?
Because Old and New Testament have condemned this type of disobedience.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Good for them.
Everyone deserves to be a parent, its the most rewarding thing in the world.
It does not matter if they are gay, or not. As long as the child is loved and taken care of. Grows up happy. People should not be denied a son or daughter, that would be inhumane.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
...so, you'd rather have a senator thats in a traditional female/male relationship (thats expecting a child via artificial insemination using another man's sperm) even if they both beat their kids black and blue, run around on each other, gossip about everybody, cheat on their taxes, get out of tickets - ya know, the typical generalizations...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I'm fine with it but question the paid parental leave..

I mean, are they married??

And Wong has zero genetic link or involvement in the birth..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Exactly Wong has no genetic link with the child, so whilst many are blase about this , new method of parenting, it does raise the issue of Law.
The male who has donated his sperm to this social experiment will have rights to child access and the childs upbringing.
Will his rights have priority over Wongs rights?
Will Wong have any rights to child, if her partner hooks up with someone else ? or even the Father? she may be bisexual?
So how many parents can the child legally have ? two at max , or three at max.

Who is the Mother , if it is wongs partner then what is Wong in legal terms?

What if Wong then decides to conceive and give birth by the same method in the future?

Is one of their kids mothered by Wong the other by her partner?

So both kids are siblings but have different mothers? within the same family?

These issues are going to contuse many people perhaps.

And lawyers are going to be busy busy in the future , as some of these relationships end in divorce?

new topics

top topics

join