It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, what now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let me preface this entry with the admission that I am mostly on ATS for the politics and such. Tonight has changed absolutely everything I know. And this is the only place I know to turn.

I've read over the years all the books and such about everything from Sitchin's ancient alien theories to Icke's wild claims of reptilian overlords. I've read into all the popular lore about Roswell and Dulce and the likes, and always came to the same skeptical conclusions that surely a conspiracy as massively complex as our world leaders being knowingly manipulated by beings not of this world wouldn't be able to be kept secret. Surely some evidence would have surfaced that would have shed light on this long ago...

I say all that to admit tonight, my neighbor and I watched not only 3 UFO's act in a manner that defied any explanation other than vehicles that left our atmosphere under intelligent control, but also the ensuing cover-up by either our own government of an agency working outside their control.

My neighbor and I were outside letting our children have an evening of playing while he and I had a drink and BS'd about politics and such. We walked out of his garage and I pointed out what I believed to be the ISS and said that it is often visible at night at which time we lamented NASA's shutdown and watched it for a moment. Afte ra few moments the already bright light grew even brighter and began tracking across the sky at a rate of speed that defied conventional explanation. I stuck to my guns that it was the ISS until it clearly turned and began moving away at an even greater speed until it grew too dim to see.

We both pointed it out to our young children and said that over the 35 year span of my life that was the 1st time I believe I ever saw a UFO and that they should be excited to have witnessed it. Little did I expect that over the next 30 minutes I'd see not only another, but 2 more UFO's that behaved in the exact same way.

After 30 minutes or so we both went inside and put the children to bed and I sat down to watch TV. After about 10 minutes he was knocking on my door and said that I had to see this. I walked out and clearly across the entirety of the sky were 6 well defined lines that were exactly what I have seen described as contrails. Over the next 30 minutes or so we watched as the trails widened out to provide a hazy cover over the entire sky.

I tell that story only to admit that if I now have the evidence to prove to me that at least UFO's and an active cover-up are truly underway, what are we to do about it? What does this now open up to me as our reality? Are we truly under the control of these beings? What difference does petty bickering among political rivals mean? What difference does it mean if all the things I've thought of as anecdotal are true?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterJedi

I hope one of the first things you do is go to MUFON and submit a report about what you saw.

I think it is important for witness reports to be collected and investigated. If our government is keeping information from us reports like yours may one day be the key to us regular folk finding out what is going on.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Perseid Meteor Shower?

The six well defined lines seem to coincide with a meteor, if they where not all at the same time anyways.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I can assure you they weren't meteors as we had seen 4 of those already, and they were what had drawn our attention to the sky at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
where are you?

general vicinity is fine.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Just north of Nashville TN

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This event happened in the evening, if i read correctly. How did the "contrails" form and how did you see them with a dark sky? Where the glowing or emitting their own light? Or where the trails visible due to background light
(stars and moon)?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I honestly see ufo's quite a bit. Of course I live close to a flight training center or at least that's what they like to say it is. Whether they are ET well no proof to date.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If you could be more descriptive with colors, timing, size, weather, etc. it would help us with possibly identifying what you saw.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

As I stated in opening I had come inside and put my children to bed. After about 10 minutes he came back and got me to show me the trails so I didn't see them form, but the rigidity of the lines and the way with which they all fanned out from a single location denied any naturally occurring clouds or the likes. Not to mention 10 minutes earlier the sky was as clear as I've seen it in a long time.

They were clearly visible because the moon is almost full tonight.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

My Dear MasterJedi

Welcome to the club.

Unfortunately this is what it takes for a skeptic too see the light so to speak.

For sure if I myself had not seeing something that can not be explained I would have been just such a skeptic.

Now the question is was it ours or was it their’s?

Either way it makes little difference.

If it was theirs then they are here and in control.

In fact if it was ours then the situation is even worse, in that we are being deigned what we need to save this planet by our own people.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

As to color they were just extremely bright white lights with no blinking or any variation other than the 1st one becoming extremely bright before it began to move. Timing was about 15 seconds from brightening to moving away to a point where the light wasn't visible. They appeared to move diagonally across the sky then turn and move directly away or "up" until they could no longer be seen. Saw all three within 15-20 minutes of each other, all in the same general area of the sky. It was perhaps 20 minutes from the time I saw the last one till he came to show me the trails.

The night was perfectly clear until after the trails began to disperse
edit on 12-8-2011 by MasterJedi because: to add weather

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
you say no blinking . . . but was the light increasing and decreasing in intensity? pulsating?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

No, as I said only the 1st one altered at all and it was only to become probably twice the magnitude of brightness it originally was, and it changed just before it started moving. The other 2 didn't vary at all, they were about as bright as the North star appears on most nights, so enough to draw attention, but no pulsating or variance.

They moved across the sky very quickly and of course dimmed from view only when they seemed to move away and what appeared to be in a direction straight out of our atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your experience. To answer the question you pose, my feeling is that those who choose to ignore or dismiss the UFO reality entirely are missing one of the great opportunities of history. It's my opinion, that it's time for us to reevaluate all our history, science and institutions. It's time for us to truly find out who we are and what our real place in this universe is. Personally, I believe this is a great time to be alive and bear witness to the events around us and start answering any number of nagging questions that our current science, history and institutions have not been able to answer satisfactorily.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I tell that story only to admit that if I now have the evidence to prove to me that at least UFO's and an active cover-up are truly underway, what are we to do about it? What does this now open up to me as our reality? Are we truly under the control of these beings? What difference does petty bickering among political rivals mean? What difference does it mean if all the things I've thought of as anecdotal are true?

I have had sightings, though long ago. A solid sighting such as yours demands a re-evaluation of ones perspective on reality. From your post I guess you understand this.

I urge caution. A sighting of UFOs does not mean tptb are reptiles or the earth is about to be divvied into parcels and sold to the highest alien bidder. It means you are fortunate enough to have experienced something that most others only dream of and now have the opportunity to understand and learn about life from a broader perspective. Smile and enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
The other 2 didn't vary at all, they were about as bright as the North star appears on most nights, so enough to draw attention, but no pulsating or variance.

So how did these two differ from ordinary satellites?
Because satellies can be about as bright as the north star, move without pulsating and variance, and then fade out.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story. I have only had a couple of sightings of odd objects over my life time and I am glad you managed to see something this unusual.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They began as stationary, moved quickly across the sky, turned and moved directly away or "up" if you will. I'm familiar with satellite movement and can state without doubt they weren't satellites.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I want to thank you all for sharing last night with me. My neighbor and I have rehashed the events of last night thoroughly this morning and both agree that our shared experience denies conventional explanation and that either we witnessed vehicles visiting our planet from elsewhere, or our military has made advancements in both air and space travel the likes of which most couldn't imagine.

I've decided to get my telescope back to working condition and keep a wide eye on the sky from this point forward. I really appreciate that most had a sincere interest and curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join